quadibloc3 on December 09, 2016, 02:51:37 am
Ah, but speaking of a Star Trek transporter by another name, "Transmat" happens to be the name used for such a thing... on the Doctor Who television series. To which, as noted early on, Seamus' appearance was a homage.

DSL on December 09, 2016, 04:13:22 am
... Meanwhile, back at home base, the latest replacement Hugh chassis bolts upright in bed, saying: "I must have died again!"

Sean Roach on December 09, 2016, 08:37:36 am
... Meanwhile, back at home base, the latest replacement Hugh chassis bolts upright in bed, saying: "I must have died again!"
No. They're activated when the last one doesn't come home in a designated period of time. No feedback loop, or else there'd be a channel to keep a running update going.

El Jefe on January 03, 2017, 02:26:30 am
I cannot help but observe that 1000c would be just exactly Warp Factor 10 as calculated by the Star Trek original series writer's guide.

Quinlan73 on January 03, 2017, 08:25:49 am
I cannot help but observe that 1000c would be just exactly Warp Factor 10 as calculated by the Star Trek original series writer's guide.

Or nearly warp 8 by the TNG charts.

DrakBibliophile on January 05, 2017, 11:17:39 am
Let's see.

You've made First Contact with a new alien species that you realize is more advanced than you.

Then you rush off answering a distress call with a representative of that species on board and DO NOT TELL the others of that new species why you're taken off so quickly.

Any intelligent person would realize that the others of that species would believe that you're kidnapping their fellow thus risking them becoming your newest enemy.

Sounds like the intellience shown by the command staff of Next Gen Enterprise.   ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

quadibloc3 on January 06, 2017, 12:26:43 am
However, in today's installment, First Contact has gotten off to a positive start. It seems that not only is the propulsion technology of the Causa Sui more advanced, so is their transporter technology.

DrakBibliophile on January 06, 2017, 07:51:48 am
Perhaps.  But "positive start" depends on Hugo being in one piece (or repairable).  ;)

However, in today's installment, First Contact has gotten off to a positive start. It seems that not only is the propulsion technology of the Causa Sui more advanced, so is their transporter technology.

DrakBibliophile on January 09, 2017, 06:25:15 pm
On the other hand, our heroes lack of "subspace communications" is a problem.  :-[

Let's see.

You've made First Contact with a new alien species that you realize is more advanced than you.

Then you rush off answering a distress call with a representative of that species on board and DO NOT TELL the others of that new species why you're taken off so quickly.

Any intelligent person would realize that the others of that species would believe that you're kidnapping their fellow thus risking them becoming your newest enemy.

Sounds like the intellience shown by the command staff of Next Gen Enterprise.   ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Apollo-Soyuz on January 12, 2017, 05:47:24 am
page=1509  Hugo: I told them our star-drive is based on hyperspace slipsteams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slipstream_(science_fiction)

(I never thought I'd cite Wikipedia for homage)

Redwood Elf on February 02, 2017, 04:09:36 pm
I'm surprised the landing pod isn't a darker blue with windows painted on it...And no "Vwoooorp....Vwoooooorp!" sound on landing.

Quinlan73 on February 10, 2017, 08:28:49 am
Well in strip 1530 we have QV's versions of Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians and the Borg.

Apollo-Soyuz on February 10, 2017, 08:37:45 am
Well in strip 1530 we have QV's versions of Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians and the Borg.

The Cush look "borg-like", I agree.

Edit: I'm going to wait for color, but the Cush look like a Borg/Cyberman/Dalek mix, (the last two from Dr. Who.)

The K'tangn seem to be a portmanteau of Star Trek's Klingons and Larry Niven's Kzinti.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 08:43:52 am by Apollo-Soyuz »

DrakBibliophile on February 10, 2017, 11:08:32 am
Right now I'm wondering if Trelane or Q are involved.  ;D

The Cush look "borg-like", I agree.

Edit: I'm going to wait for color, but the Cush look like a Borg/Cyberman/Dalek mix, (the last two from Dr. Who.)

The K'tangn seem to be a portmanteau of Star Trek's Klingons and Larry Niven's Kzinti.

Brain-san on February 13, 2017, 05:01:08 pm
K'Tagon? Kaff Tagon of Tagon's Toughs on Schlock Mercenary?

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2010-11-29