Apollo-Soyuz on August 18, 2020, 08:58:25 am
Assuming the group that put the Oresme Shield around the system of interest is the same group that has been lobbing rocks at Oz, I suppose it's a fairly safe bet they haven't developed the countermeasures that Dominic has. So I expect high speed blockade running to work.

I suppose it's also worth noting that Polyphemus' crew can out accelerate probably any ship with humans aboard, unless of course (presumably) the Shenhua Itochu have ships with especially good electro-grav dampeners.

So; get in, grab the severed head, and get out, or swing by the site of the attempted core sample for some reason? With the welcome they got previously, do they need proof still that they found the source of the sublight rock-missile? (I suppose if they had the head, they might not, but they don't know exactly what went wrong yet.)

UncleRice on September 09, 2020, 09:34:00 pm
Send a drone swarm after samples. Some as defense, some as sample takers. Loose a thousand, one sample makes it back you win. Chaos over Control.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

anything