TeamGirl-Redu on June 01, 2012, 12:13:05 pm

You guys are lucky to have her, and when she's gone you'll all talk about the good old days of the forum when TeamGirl was here.

See my earlier response about the use of the term 'troll'.

The cute thing is, despite my being a "troll" and no threat, the people here seem to spend an inordinate amount of time dissing me. I take it as a compliment, because it means my arguments have sunk in and caste doubt, and to reassure themselves that their ideology is unassailable, they must (figuratively) kill the troll.

TeamGirl-Redu on June 01, 2012, 12:23:22 pm

The strange argument you made was that my ideas somehow attract nuts and wackos, and therefore, I ought to abandon them.

And this is typical of your tactics: ignore the original point, pounce on a side issue, make it the new main issue, then accuse me of sidetracking the discussion.

Meanwhile, obfuscate to distract from any cogent argument I make by misrepresenting what I say.

I never said that your personal "ideas ... attract nuts and wackos". I said the ideas expressed by the forum collectively, as well those of others individually. Even so, you don't challenge the more egregious statements or ideologies discussed here, and in some cases agree with them, so you sound like you believe them yourself, regardless of whether you voice them.

And there's no "somehow". The method is clear: people are attracted to the comic, start to read the forum, and think, "These people believe as I do!" The problem is, there's no filter to keep out the "nuts and wackos", as Trollkiller demonstrated.

TeamGirl-Redu on June 01, 2012, 12:31:25 pm
Okay, I've said everything I wanted.

Believe it or not, my time here was educational. I not only learned what AnCapists are really like and what they really believe, I've also learned about AnCap theory I can use in my stories, and I've reinforced my conviction that the Internet is no place for a truly rational discussion about a hypothetical or fictional concept. Especially when the other members have invested an inordinate amount of the emotional and psychological value in what is essentially a piece of fiction. A less enlightened person would suggest you guys get a life, but I realize you did: you've made this your life.

So I wish you health, prosperity, luck, and the blessings of Almighty God.

PS: I still can't cancel my own account, so I'll Note Scott and ask him to do so for me.

myrkul999 on June 01, 2012, 12:51:56 pm
Update: the program my anti-malware people sent me is finished and appears to have cleaned up my computer. No guarantees, but I don't believe Trollkiller can get on the forum anymore, at least not through my computer. Of course, he could come back using his own computer, but I can't do anything about that.

Heh.... IMO, that's all the proof I need. Anyone with a smidgen of security consciousness would have cleaned the computer BEFORE creating a new account, and anyone who's been on the internet more than 5 minutes knows that hackers DO access things from their own computers, and not those of the people whose accounts they have hacked, that's one of the ways that such intrusions are noticed, because suddenly you're accessing Gmail from China. So, nice try to cover, but the IP logs will bear out that it was you all along.

In short, [a]side from doing us all a favor by deleting that ridiculous "Escape from Ceres" story...
:D Do you seriously believe that people won't remember you saying my story was "cool", or that you praised me on the handling of the science at one point? Still, your ability to rewrite reality was one of the more humorous aspects of our discussions.

For a troll, your grasp of sarcasm is somewhat lacking. Google "cool story, bro".

macsnafu on June 01, 2012, 12:52:57 pm
Okay, I've said everything I wanted.

Believe it or not, my time here was educational.

I hope so, but somehow I doubt it.  But hey, glad to confirm your preconceptions for you!  And be careful that you don't trip on your hidden assumptions.

I love mankind.  It's PEOPLE I can't stand!  - Linus Van Pelt.

wdg3rd on June 01, 2012, 06:53:29 pm

TeamTroll

Yes, of course.

I've been active in Internet forums since the mid-nineties, when it was usenet. None of you have said anything I haven't heard before. In fact, you're rank amateurs when it comes to cyberbullying.

Ah, just a newbie.  I was operating a usenet leafnode (fed from Caltech) on a TRS-80 Model 16 Xenix system in 1985.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

Bob G on June 01, 2012, 07:56:28 pm
. . .

For example, I have no obsession with guns, so that's purely a misconception of me.

Very well, and I'm sure there are others who feel the same way. But you sidestep the fact that many others here are obsessed. I still remember one member saying,

Here's my bumper sticker:

Invest in precious metals (and then it lists three gun making alloys)

I remember seeing a similarly worded bumper sticker for sale on a patriot movement website. One that advocated armed resistance against the government.

So you'll forgive me if I find comments by various members here disturbing.

Some of points of information:

Cold blue steel is a gun-making alloy; brass & lead are used in ammunition. A firearm made of brass and/or lead would likely be more dangerous to the user than the target. Except for a brass cannon, of course, but that's a crew-served weapon which is outside the usual parameters of the discussion of the right to keep and bear arms.

The above-mentioned (semi-)precious metals are not the only metals in which I invest.

My obsession is with liberty. The right to arms is only one, though a very important one, of the aspects of living free.

Resisting the government, if the government bears resisting, is a patriotic duty of free people. Check the Declaration of Independence. To paraphrase Solzhenitsin, if the organs of an oppressive state security apparatus know that every time they go out to round up 'undesireables' 5% to 10% of their number won't be returning to their barracks or homes that night, how long will it be until that apparatus loses its effectiveness?

If this makes me look like a 'patriot', so be it. (And when did the term 'patriot' become derogatory?)
Whatsoever, for any cause, seeketh to take or give
  Power above or beyond the Laws, suffer it not to live.
Holy State, or Holy King, or Holy People's Will.
  Have no truck with the senseless thing, order the guns and kill.

The penultimate stanza of Rudyard Kipling's MacDonough's Song

Andreas on June 02, 2012, 06:43:48 am
Since I replied to macsnafu, I received word from my anti-malware company that their copy of the scan I did on my computer last night revealed the presence of a known zombie trojan horse. They sent me a special program to run on my computer to root out and destroy the TH itself and all the files it deposited on my harddrive. I will start running it in a few minutes. Once it's done, that should stop Trollkiller from using my computer again. I've also purchased an upgrade that will prevent this kind of thing from happening again.

That sounds like a fake AV scam ;)

dough560 on June 02, 2012, 09:25:48 am
Troll Killer and Team Girl may or may not be the same person.  whether they are or not is inconsequential.  Unless conclusive proof is provided....

TG, willfully ignorant and proud of it, does not excuse Troll Killers actions.  Deleting TG's posts and consequently deleting everyone's posts is a massive initiation of force.  This violent attack does not serve the ideals of these forums or the members.

I can't think of an attack this vile since Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot.  I'm one knuckle draggier who would dust off old skills and handle the matter permanently.  I can promise you this; if possible it would be quick.  I've never believed in causing unnecessary pain. This is a matter of self defense, before you go from annoyance to threat, with followers.  Yes, I swore an oath many years ago to preserve anyone's right to be willfully ignorant, arrogant or what ever else they may be.  The thugs I encountered since swearing the oath either spent long hard time in small rooms with bars cohabited by people like them or are no longer a threat to anyone.

mellyrn on June 02, 2012, 12:36:35 pm
Troll Killer and Team Girl may or may not be the same person.  whether they are or not is inconsequential.  Unless conclusive proof is provided....

TG, willfully ignorant and proud of it, does not excuse Troll Killers actions.  Deleting TG's posts and consequently deleting everyone's posts is a massive initiation of force.  This violent attack does not serve the ideals of these forums or the members.

I think your second paragraph makes the question of TG-TK identity consequential.  If TG=TK, then one was not the victim of the other, and therefore that crime, at least, had not occurred.  It would be agreeable to know, just for that reason.

The question of everyone else's posts in the deleted threads is, I guess, a matter of the forum programming:  if I delete my own account and that deletes all the threads I started, that kind of complicates my ability to be a good person and control my "intellectual property".  Or something.  I'm not a big believer in IP; I also can't imagine why I'd bother deleting an account (it'd be so much simpler to just go away); so I, mellyrn, do not personally face this dilemma, but it seems to exist anyway.

TeamGirl-Redu on June 02, 2012, 09:32:50 pm
Scott:

I would very much appreciate it if you would cancel my account.

I am unable to do so myself because there is no link for doing so in my Profile.

Thank you.

myrkul999 on June 02, 2012, 09:35:58 pm
Scott:

I would very much appreciate it if you would cancel my account.

I am unable to do so myself because there is no link for doing so in my Profile.

Thank you.

You've proven you know how to use the private message system. It's there for a reason.

Scott on June 10, 2012, 02:02:59 pm
User has been banned. His messages will remain for historical reference and whatever amusement may derived therefrom.

Andreas on June 10, 2012, 02:37:59 pm
User has been banned. His messages will remain for historical reference and whatever amusement may derived therefrom.

I assume the IP range remained the same during alleged "hackedness"?

Scott on June 10, 2012, 07:36:13 pm
It was the same IP address for all three alleged "hacks." Basically, this doof simply changed his screen name. There was no hacking involved.

anything