Andreas on May 05, 2012, 01:33:36 pm
OK, guys, I confess.  I am "sam" (heh, sam I am).  "sam" is my sock puppet, my evil feminist scheme to make these views as ridiculous as possible in order to draw scorn upon anyone who voices them.

But I'm only going to announce it this once.  In all future "sam" posts, I'll either ignore it or deny it, depending on my mood.

Ah, an agent provocateur... of course, that's the only way it makes any sense!!!

sam on May 05, 2012, 07:36:48 pm
You cannot refute my evidence and arguments, yet insist on having the last word anyway.  If you don't have a substantive reply, let me end this topic.

To recap:  Women are self destructively irrational about sex, in ways that men are not. .......

Your evidence and arguments are very slanted, everyone has gone to great lengths to point this out to you,

You assert my evidence and arguments are slanted, but fail to provide any coherent evidence or argument that they are slanted, or explanation as to in what way they are slanted.  Instead, personal attacks, and endlessly repeated assertions without explanation or justification.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 07:38:58 pm by sam »

sam on May 05, 2012, 07:47:51 pm
There is no victory to claim merely as a result of boring everyone with arguing...

There is victory to claim when I produce evidence and arguments, and you lot respond  with mere abuse.

myrkul999 on May 05, 2012, 07:55:21 pm
There is no victory to claim merely as a result of boring everyone with arguing...

There is victory to claim when I produce evidence and arguments, and you lot respond  with mere abuse.

You produce statements and anecdotes. Go find another bridge.

mellyrn on May 05, 2012, 08:17:45 pm
Hey, guys?  For some sorry people, bad attention is better than no attention.  Y'know?

Oneil on May 06, 2012, 03:06:15 am
You cannot refute my evidence and arguments, yet insist on having the last word anyway.  If you don't have a substantive reply, let me end this topic.

To recap:  Women are self destructively irrational about sex, in ways that men are not. .......

Your evidence and arguments are very slanted, everyone has gone to great lengths to point this out to you,

You assert my evidence and arguments are slanted, but fail to provide any coherent evidence or argument that they are slanted, or explanation as to in what way they are slanted.  Instead, personal attacks, and endlessly repeated assertions without explanation or justification.

Told you I was done, you can continue to argue with your reflection now  ;D

Corydon on May 06, 2012, 07:16:45 am
Also, I have found evidence supporting that documentary about how apes are rising against humans- you know that one, "Planet of the Apes?"  This Youtube video PROVES it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPGUIpv-JxI

Nobody can refute that evidence and argument!

sam on May 06, 2012, 04:17:06 pm

You produce statements and anecdotes.

Female preference for bad boys and for men who mistreat them is obvious and notorious, and anyone who denies it is lying or crazy, even though it is impossible to produce statistics on the topic.

That may be a mere statement, but no one here has attempted to deny it, because if they did, they would look nuts.

This preference was also notorious in the days of patriarchy, (pre 1830) and protecting women against this urge was a major issue and problem for patriarchs.  The Victorian answer to this problem was to deny that women were sexual beings, and to indoctrinate men to be nice, which did not really work.  The twentieth century answer to this problem was to double down on indoctrinating men to be nice, and on coercing them to be nice, which is conspicuously failing even worse than the Victorian solution.

The average age of first marriage in the USA is 26, in Europe 30, for which we do have statistics, which means that the average women marries when her market value is noticeably declining, and fifty percent marry after it has declined alarmingly.  The typical age of marriage under patriarchy was when a woman's market value was at its highest.  In 2012 the typical women marries not only after she is running out of eggs, but after she is running out of suitors who are willing to learn her name before banging her.  As 30 approaches, a woman takes her lengthy list of requirements for a male suitor and turns it upside down, realizing that anyone who meets her requirements is unlikely to be interested in a long term relationship with her.

That is not a "statement", but a statistic and an undeniable inference from that statistic.  No one has disputed the statistic, nor attempted to rebut the inference.

The Youtube video illustrates the crazy self destructive behavior of women following their pussies that patriarchy protected women against.  Observe that is not just one woman acting crazy, but a sufficiently large proportion of the women at the mall to disrupt the mall, thus, a representative sample of fertile age females going hormone crazy.

No one has denied that this is a representative sample, or attempted to rationalize the female misbehavior on display.

Female control over their own sex lives is not working out for women, for pretty much all the reasons that the patriarchs said it would not work out.

myrkul999 on May 06, 2012, 09:15:31 pm
See, now, you're making sh*t up about the rest of the thread.

You're clearly lost in your own little world. I do hope it's nice there.

customdesigned on May 06, 2012, 10:15:04 pm
Female preference for bad boys and for men who mistreat them is obvious and notorious, and anyone who denies it is lying or crazy, even though it is impossible to produce statistics on the topic.

That may be a mere statement, but no one here has attempted to deny it, because if they did, they would look nuts.
I'm game.  In my experience, young females want excitement, adventure, and
romance.  When there is a shortage of young men with that spirit of
adventure, a "bad boy" can seem like the next best thing to the young
and naive.  And having known some that fell for that trap, yes 20 years later
they are older and wiser, in most cases settling for a boring but stable
and supportive partner, with dreams of adventure and romance but a dim longing.
I would say the problem is more one of emasculated men, than irrational
females.

(Note that what constitutes "excitement" and "adventure" can vary with the
individual, ranging from mathematics to exploration.)

Oneil on May 07, 2012, 05:13:26 am
Also, I have found evidence supporting that documentary about how apes are rising against humans- you know that one, "Planet of the Apes?"  This Youtube video PROVES it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPGUIpv-JxI

Nobody can refute that evidence and argument!

Wow,, it's so scary that a totally scientific, irrefutable study has proven that primates will rise up and rule the world.. LoL  ;D ;D

Oh, here is a link to a documentary study that proves just how intelligent average humans have become..   People sign "I am a moron" petition without reading headline  A rather boring study, but I felt it safe as it avoided any potential Darwin Award recipients in the thousands of other idiot human studies on youtube.

BTW In real news,, did anyone notice the Supermoon of 2012?

« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 05:14:57 am by Oneil »

Killydd on May 07, 2012, 10:54:20 am
You mean the moon that was a whole 1% larger than last month's or next month's?  so notable, oh yes. 

sam on May 07, 2012, 04:41:38 pm
I would say the problem is more one of emasculated men, than irrational females.

The problem was just as serious back in the eighteenth century, when men were extremely manly, and gentlemen generally carried swords and got training in using them in order to prove it.

In the renaissance, men were remarkably manly by modern standards, but Machiavelli remarks in passing on the character of women:

fortune is a woman, and if you wish to keep her under it is necessary to beat and ill-use her; and it is seen that she allows herself to be mastered by the adventurous rather than by those who go to work more coldly. She is, therefore, always, woman-like, a lover of young men, because they are less cautious, more violent, and with more audacity command her.

Obviousy women prefer manly men.  Big surprise.  But their comprehension of what is manly tends to be primitive and childlike.  Patriarchs had a better conception off manliness.

As a woman gets older, the force of her hormones diminishes, and she reluctantly settles for a guy who does not mistreat her, always regretting the man who mistreated her and left her - regretting that he left her.

myrkul999 on May 07, 2012, 05:13:37 pm
BTW In real news,, did anyone notice the Supermoon of 2012?

It didn't really show up on my radar. I did learn that the moon actually does appear larger or smaller some nights. I thought that was just atmospheric effects. Pretty cool, really.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 08:28:18 pm by myrkul999 »

customdesigned on May 07, 2012, 07:59:26 pm
In the renaissance, men were remarkably manly by modern standards, but Machiavelli remarks in passing on the character of women:

fortune is a woman, and if you wish to keep her under it is necessary to beat and ill-use her; and it is seen that she allows herself to be mastered by the adventurous rather than by those who go to work more coldly. She is, therefore, always, woman-like, a lover of young men, because they are less cautious, more violent, and with more audacity command her.

Obviousy women prefer manly men.  Big surprise.  But their comprehension of what is manly tends to be primitive and childlike.  Patriarchs had a better conception off manliness.
My reading of your Machiavelli quote agrees with my statement.  :-)  He says, "mastered by the adventurous rather than by those who go to work more coldly."  I.e., it is not mistreatment she is after, but the excitement and adventure.  She is not attracted to a cold criminal, but will tolerate mistreatment at the hands of an adventurous man.  Even better is an adventurous and virile gentleman who bids her follow him to the ends of the earth.

If we want to get into what men look for, I see the tension between the "human" and "angelic" woman as describe in "Fascinating Womanhood".  The "human" is vulnerable and her need of protection supports a young man's self esteem.  The "angelic" is capable, intelligent, and powerful - Wonder Woman, business leader, or scientist.  Older men tire of the "protector" role, and have a much greater appreciation for the "angelic". 

If fortune/Deity smiles upon a couple, the woman becomes more angelic with experience and the winding down of child bearing and rearing - just about the time that her husband begins to appreciate that more.  If I could give advice to my younger self, it would be to go for the angelic from the get-go.  I probably wouldn't listen.