Azure Priest on February 17, 2012, 09:58:18 am
We also don't know if Neanne is 100% Neanderthal either. One of the plans for bringing back mammoths from extinction is using mammoth-elephant hybrids.

You also forgot "strength of numbers" in your analysis.

Sure, you could be twice as strong as the guy next to you, but if you're going against him and his 9 buddies, and all of them are armed, your odds are not good.

mysteryrainbowx on February 20, 2012, 11:37:32 am
OK, suspended disbelief.  Sure I can buy into story lines involving luxury space liners with exotic drives plying between scads of colonies on a miriad of planets. I couldn't read Science Fiction if I couldn't do that. Hey didn't Wonder Woman have an invisible plane?  I can imagine utopia on the asteroid belt, "autodocs," rejuvenation centers where you stay 25 years old forever, and great big machines that crawl on tracks and spit out completed plumbed bathrooms at the touch of a key pad.  Creating a Neanderthal girl out of random DNA extracted from a million targeted Homo Sapiens? At Area 51 no less. No problem.  I am sure we will be able to do this some day in the future.  However, even 400 years into the future, I just can't imagine a Frenchman that has never heard of a gay bar, doesn't know one when he walks in. Now that's unbelievable. Just saying.   :-[

BTW this strip is great and so is Quantum Vibe and so was Roswell Texas. Keep it up  :

Andreas on February 28, 2012, 02:18:46 pm
Speaking of disbelief: did y'all know that Neanderthals had bigger brains than we do?
Considering the MASSIVE energy needs of the human brain, it is actually possible that they had too much of it.
Even our puny brains take up 25% of our total energy consumption at rest, and unlike the rest of our consumption it CANNOT be turned down.
That makes it a survival liability, it means that waiting for better times is never an option. We just have to hunt hunt hunt, because our brainboxes won't give us a rest.
It's only in recent times that we've been able to turn our brain activity into food at a comfortable ratio, through all of pre-industrialized times it was hit and miss.
And in the elder stone age? That bigger brain, with its bigger needs, could mean extinction.

Azure Priest on March 12, 2012, 10:08:40 am
OK, suspended disbelief.  Sure I can buy into story lines involving luxury space liners with exotic drives plying between scads of colonies on a miriad of planets. I couldn't read Science Fiction if I couldn't do that. Hey didn't Wonder Woman have an invisible plane?  I can imagine utopia on the asteroid belt, "autodocs," rejuvenation centers where you stay 25 years old forever, and great big machines that crawl on tracks and spit out completed plumbed bathrooms at the touch of a key pad.  Creating a Neanderthal girl out of random DNA extracted from a million targeted Homo Sapiens? At Area 51 no less. No problem.  I am sure we will be able to do this some day in the future.  However, even 400 years into the future, I just can't imagine a Frenchman that has never heard of a gay bar, doesn't know one when he walks in. Now that's unbelievable. Just saying.   :-[

BTW this strip is great and so is Quantum Vibe and so was Roswell Texas. Keep it up  :

That "French man" thought Napoleon WON at Waterloo. He is an idiot, and frankly so is that guard in the hangar. Wait, he looks familiar. By jove, yes. He looks like the guy that pulled the alarm and got tricked by the Lyra bird.

Complacent AND incompetent. Area 51 must be hiring guards from Exiern's IGC (Incompetent Guard College).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 10:10:20 am by Azure Priest »

gunner on March 12, 2012, 01:30:06 pm
its a job in a remote location, few or no chances of entertainment, the facility is in the process of being shut down, likely most really highly classified work already moved to other locations, and the guard force reduced to low rent "security guards". nothing has happened until now and boredom has set in. the goon the kid ran into was wearing a "piss cutter" (barracks cap) the one molesting the lab worker was wearing a beret, two different people. the alarm goes off, "general quarters, all hands on deck..." and you've got people pulling up their socks, stuffing their mating tackle back in their trousers and zipping up, grabbing gear and guns, an all round cluster f**k, while the raiding party has linked up and are busy executing di di mau mos' ricky tick. the next few minutes should prove interesting, and busy.

"BTW this strip is great and so is Quantum Vibe and so was Roswell Texas. Keep it up ". i heartily agree, and add "probability broach".
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 02:00:39 pm by gunner »

Azure Priest on March 13, 2012, 07:29:03 am
"Don't worry, nobody will see us." That phrase practically guarantees that EVERYONE will see you.

Andreas on March 13, 2012, 03:34:55 pm
Wait, he looks familiar. By jove, yes. He looks like the guy that pulled the alarm and got tricked by the Lyra bird.

Complacent AND incompetent. Area 51 must be hiring guards from Exiern's IGC (Incompetent Guard College).

I think this one here is a "brown-eyed handsome man" while the other one was a "ugly sumbitch"... besides, wasn't the other one already inside when the lights came back?

myrkul999 on March 14, 2012, 12:16:27 am
Today's comic?

Comedy gold.

Azure Priest on March 14, 2012, 08:14:46 am
Indeed. "Oh frack!"

I thought that's what they intended BEFORE the lights and alarms, not AFTER. ;)

Good thing that IGC did not get to finish his sentence.

"When I get my hands on..."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 07:43:14 am by Azure Priest »

TMIAHM on March 15, 2012, 11:37:52 pm
Our esteemed writer sure has captured the true essence of government employees.

A former boss of mine once corrected me about NY State workers, he said call them NY State employees, cause to call them workers impies that they actually work!  ;D

kunkmiester on March 16, 2012, 12:34:08 am
Someone needs a headsmack.  You got enough room to pack a longarm and you bring an SMG?  Decent rifle round doesn't care about soft vests.

SandySandfort on March 16, 2012, 08:14:42 am
Someone needs a headsmack.  You got enough room to pack a longarm and you bring an SMG?  Decent rifle round doesn't care about soft vests.

Mostly bravado, but he could have a trauma plate over his heart.

Andreas on March 19, 2012, 02:30:55 pm

Mostly bravado, but he could have a trauma plate over his heart.

Nursey and Gate Guard are both pretty ballsy! Who's in favor of them being added to the rescue? ;D
They'd do fine on Ceres or Mars, I think :D

Bob G on March 19, 2012, 07:23:13 pm
Nursey and Gate Guard are both pretty ballsy! Who's in favor of them being added to the rescue? ;D
They'd do fine on Ceres or Mars, I think :D

Being dedicated functionaries of the UW system, I doubt they'd thumb a ride with this group. Still, after letting Neanne escape they may end up in deep enough kimchee that an Escape From Terra may look like a better alternative. And I think you are correct, sir, in that they would probably find a place in the belt.
Whatsoever, for any cause, seeketh to take or give
  Power above or beyond the Laws, suffer it not to live.
Holy State, or Holy King, or Holy People's Will.
  Have no truck with the senseless thing, order the guns and kill.

The penultimate stanza of Rudyard Kipling's MacDonough's Song

Andreas on March 20, 2012, 04:25:50 am
Being dedicated functionaries of the UW system, I doubt they'd thumb a ride with this group. Still, after letting Neanne escape they may end up in deep enough kimchee that an Escape From Terra may look like a better alternative. And I think you are correct, sir, in that they would probably find a place in the belt.

Riiiight, that was their dedication to UW they were about to indulge... while on duty  ;D

Maybe Neanne cuffs her boyfriend across the back of the head for birdwatching, concussing him so that he'll need a nurse?  ;)