NeitherRuleNorBeRuled on January 16, 2012, 02:02:17 pm
Is it my imagination, or is there a change in the art style in strip 869? 

sams on January 16, 2012, 02:36:51 pm

There definitively a change of style, 868 is more EFT-like, and match the series first arcs. I bet 869 is from Bieser Junior, congrats, it looks gorgeous notheless.

SandySandfort on January 16, 2012, 03:02:55 pm

The original short story for this arc is Gone Missing. The most excellent artist for this arc is Leila Del Duca. Feel free to praise her. Her website is here:

http://leiladelduca.com/

Leila did double duty on Gone Missing. She also adapted the short story into this arc's script.

Scott on January 18, 2012, 01:58:58 pm
Yes, Leila has been doing terrific work on the strip for a while now. She started as inker over Lee Oaks' pencils. Then, in order to give Lee more time to work on other projects, Leila became our "B-roll" artist, doing all the art for the stories about Reggie and Babbette's regeneration and honeymoon excursion to Mars, Venus and Mercury. And when I needed a break from doing the script-adapting, Leila took on that task as well for the "Gone Missing" arc which has just started.

Lee is still with us, of course. We'll be alternating between the "Gone Missing" and "Neanne" stories every two or three weeks, giving both artists the time they need to produce the artwork.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 02:00:43 pm by Scott »