one eye chuck on January 12, 2011, 09:23:20 am
 I'm on a dial-up connection, so doing an image search would take an inordinate amount of time. Who does Seamus honor on his lounge wall? Is it the BHP crew? Libertarian thinkers?

Scott on January 12, 2011, 11:26:22 am
Libertarian economist/philosophers in this room (he has another room with various scientists he admires). I'll leave it to readers to figure out which particular individuals are represented here.

macsnafu on January 12, 2011, 12:45:11 pm
The guy with the glasses and bowtie is Rothbard.  The one on the far left reminds me of Bastiat, but I'm not entirely sure about that one.  The guy on the far right looks more recent or modern, but I don't recognize him.  The one to the left of Rothbard is mostly obscured, hard to tell.
I love mankind.  It's PEOPLE I can't stand!  - Linus Van Pelt.

Mabuse on January 12, 2011, 02:00:56 pm
The portraits are (from left to right): Bastiat, di Molinari, Unknown (never get a good look at it), Rothbard and Sheldon Richman on the end. Also; I believe that the bust near the door in the first panel is of either Heinlein or Von Mises.

ZeissIkon on January 12, 2011, 06:06:05 pm
Of course, his servobot looks rather like a short version of Rosie (who worked for George and Judy Jetson, last I saw).

one eye chuck on January 13, 2011, 10:46:40 am
Cool. I can't wait to see who he's got on the lab's walls. Thanks for informing me. I thought I was the only one who thought the 'droid resembled Rosie Jetson the way a Honda Rebel does a Harley Sportster,  ;D .

macsnafu on January 13, 2011, 04:07:19 pm
Now that we're getting some different views of him, Seamus himself looks like Tom Baker, in the face, at least.
I love mankind.  It's PEOPLE I can't stand!  - Linus Van Pelt.

KilleenWizard on January 14, 2011, 08:41:13 pm
Yes, I thought he looked like the 4th Dr Who as soon as I saw him on page 18.  I just looked up on Google to confirm that I had the right Doctor and I was quite surprised to see hin in this video, where the resemblance is even more marked than I remember from seeing him in the series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwjnYKWDvFI.  The frontal picture of Seamus on page 17 makes me think of a Disney Alice in Wonderland cartoon that I have (had) on one of my bookshelves, where I think the Jacks look like that.

NotGump on January 15, 2011, 12:38:39 am
I also thought about Dr. Who. The entry room reminded me of the TARDIS as well.

spudit on February 09, 2011, 10:51:16 am
Could be the endocrine problem did something to his facial features, as some say it did to Lincoln.
Vote Early and Vote Often
for EFT
have you voted today?

ZeissIkon on February 09, 2011, 05:17:34 pm
Could be the endocrine problem did something to his facial features, as some say it did to Lincoln.

Acromegaly in adulthood (excess secretion of growth hormone and related/controlling factors) would tend to coarsen his features (think Andre the Giant or Robert Wadlow, or Sandy what's-her-name who recently died, the tallest woman ever documented), but if it occurred during a part of rejuvenation when his skeleton was capable of growing (i.e. analogous to adolescence, as opposed to after the bones fully ossify in the 18-25 age range) it might well lead to exactly what we see -- a man thirty centimeters too tall, with large nose and ears (cartilage growth continuing after bones stop), and a weight problem (other organs also continue growing).  Even if the imbalance was corrected immediately after rejuvenation, the growth would be permanent (at least until the next time he has himself broken down to the cellular level).

What I don't catch is why Seamus O' Murchadha didn't have the situation corrected instantly -- the only thing I can come up with immediately is that the rejuve was a last-minute thing before leaving on the quantum vibremonics expedition, and too much stuff was already scheduled (or "windowed" like a minimum-energy orbit) to put the thing off a couple weeks while he gets regrown again, properly.

spudit on February 09, 2011, 05:22:19 pm
He said he was too busy
Vote Early and Vote Often
for EFT
have you voted today?

Scott on February 10, 2011, 11:41:00 am
The problem with Seamus' rejuv was noticed by the technicians -- they spent a couple of days studying the situation and decided the only solution was to re-do the entire procedure -- but that would take 3 weeks and Seamus was locked into a schedule for his grand project.

The growth problem is also gradual -- barely noticeable at first, more so later on. He's going to keep getting bigger, and will have some other fairly annoying problems along the way.

anything