Bob G on November 08, 2011, 02:27:32 am
Didn't see *that* coming!
Whatsoever, for any cause, seeketh to take or give
  Power above or beyond the Laws, suffer it not to live.
Holy State, or Holy King, or Holy People's Will.
  Have no truck with the senseless thing, order the guns and kill.

The penultimate stanza of Rudyard Kipling's MacDonough's Song

Azure Priest on November 08, 2011, 07:12:15 am
... The HELL?!! Wasn't Anton Sherwood very much ALIVE the last time we saw him? If he was indeed murdered, I'd put "Nappy" at the top of the list of suspects. "Nappy" DOES have an axe to grind (or rather a sword to sharpen) concerning Sv. Sherwood.

Anton Sherwood on November 08, 2011, 11:40:09 am
I saw it coming.  (So why didn't I duck?)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 11:41:55 am by Anton Sherwood »

quadibloc on November 08, 2011, 02:03:00 pm
I'm suitably astonished by this turn of events, even though we were warned a situation of this nature was upcoming. Presumably, Emily hppened on the duel without realizing that it was a duel.

Bob G on November 08, 2011, 04:36:21 pm
... The HELL?!! Wasn't Anton Sherwood very much ALIVE the last time we saw him? If he was indeed murdered, I'd put "Nappy" at the top of the list of suspects. "Nappy" DOES have an axe to grind (or rather a sword to sharpen) concerning Sv. Sherwood.

Emily Rose has confessed to killing him, but not to murder. It might have been accidental. It might have been self-defense. We'll soon find out.

And why would Pierre be angry at Sv. Sherwood? He merely provided a venue for his 'affair of honor'. I'd think he'd be more PO'ed at cousin Guy for accepting the terms of the duel, not warning him, and making him a laughing stock. Of course, his marbles aren't wrapped too tightly, so . . .

I'm suitably astonished by this turn of events, even though we were warned a situation of this nature was upcoming. Presumably, Emily hppened on the duel without realizing that it was a duel.

Duel? What duel? There was no duel.

Apollo-Soyuz on November 08, 2011, 07:59:31 pm
I also find it odd that Sv. Rosenberg, likely being a witness, did not recluse himself.

Bob G on November 08, 2011, 09:46:11 pm
I also find it odd that Sv. Rosenberg, likely being a witness, did not recluse himself.

I wish more judges would recluse themselves.

SandySandfort on November 09, 2011, 06:47:22 am

I wish more judges would recluse themselves.

Gentlemen, the word is recuse [re-QuZ]; no "L." A recluse [WRECK-loose] is a hermit or a spider.  ::)

mellyrn on November 09, 2011, 07:06:12 am
Gentlemen, the word is recuse [re-QuZ]; no "L." A recluse [WRECK-loose] is a hermit or a spider. 

Sandy, I'm pretty sure Bob G knew that.

Azure Priest on November 09, 2011, 07:53:58 am
Gentlemen, the word is recuse [re-QuZ]; no "L." A recluse [WRECK-loose] is a hermit or a spider. 

Now that's an even BETTER idea.

SandySandfort on November 09, 2011, 09:22:11 am

Or maybe judges should be "re-clued," i.e., given a new clue.  ;)

wdg3rd on November 09, 2011, 05:47:19 pm

Or maybe judges should be "re-clued," i.e., given a new clue.  ;)

With a handy-dandy clue-by-four.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

Bob G on November 09, 2011, 10:35:37 pm

;D

Azure Priest on November 10, 2011, 08:49:57 am
Looks like she's claiming self defense, or to be precise, defense of a minor.

Pierre WAS angry at Sv Sherwood because Sv Sherwood was laying down rules of engagement that were humiliating (in his mind's eye) to him, and he took it personally.

Edit: When I first heard the duel would consist of blacksmith's hammers, I thought that they were going to be required to craft something, and then Pierre would have his goods taken away "for the greater good of humanity" while the other duelist would go by Ceres rules..

Oh well, it's Sandy's story after all.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:52:24 am by Azure Priest »

Killydd on November 10, 2011, 11:18:12 am
Well, this is why you always need to tell your friends that yes, you do sometimes enjoy people beating you.