SandySandfort on October 31, 2011, 05:07:16 pm
I just signed up for GoodReads.com. The deal is that it intermediates between readers and books they might enjoy. They ask you to rate various books to generate a reader profile and otherwise determine your reading interrests. Check it out.

Anyway, I discovered that my three books were listed and two were rated. Even better, our ESCAPE FROM TERRA, Vol 1 had three reviews. One by an idiot and two by people who gave EFT top ratings. See if you can figure out who the idiot is.  ::)

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8869302-escape-from-terra-volume-1

dough560 on November 03, 2011, 07:45:43 am
Followed the link.  Looks like CG, If not his soul brother.

macsnafu on November 03, 2011, 10:42:06 am
Followed the link.  Looks like CG, If not his soul brother.

Just another fellow traveler, I'm sure.  The guy's other reviews aren't quite so ideological, but still rather silly.
I love mankind.  It's PEOPLE I can't stand!  - Linus Van Pelt.

ContraryGuy on November 03, 2011, 11:34:26 am
I just signed up for GoodReads.com. The deal is that it intermediates between readers and books they might enjoy. They ask you to rate various books to generate a reader profile and otherwise determine your reading interrests. Check it out.

Anyway, I discovered that my three books were listed and two were rated. Even better, our ESCAPE FROM TERRA, Vol 1 had three reviews. One by an idiot and two by people who gave EFT top ratings. See if you can figure out who the idiot is.  ::)

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8869302-escape-from-terra-volume-1

Well, that just goes to show I'm not the only idiot in the world, doesnt it?

For the record, I'd like to point out that I like the comic!
If I didnt like the comic, why would I hang around?

I would also like to point out that its the philosophy of AnCap that I keep trying to talk about, not the comic.
Just because I have a problem with AnCap doesnt mean I would give the comic a bad review.
Again, I like the comic.

dough560 on November 05, 2011, 05:26:16 pm
CG. granted you like the story, but you seem incapable of learning its lessons.  Or learning from the posts.

ContraryGuy on November 17, 2011, 11:49:43 am
CG. granted you like the story, but you seem incapable of learning its lessons.  Or learning from the posts.

If there was something worth learning, I would learn it.  I'm too busy to learn how to live in an anarchy.

It's tough enough being a plutocrats serf, as it is.  I enjoy my illusion of freedom; AnCap would strip that away.

In a way, RL and AnCap are like the difference between Apple's iPhone and the multiple Android devices:  the iPhone allows you to live in a Garden of Paradise where you can have anything you want, except freedom.
Android gives you freedom, but you must live in an unregulated anarchy.

I would prefer (and have chosen) to live a life of convenience without freedom, rather than worry about the perils of living freely in an anarchy.

So you have quite a bit of convincing to do, to get me to switch.

mellyrn on November 17, 2011, 02:12:42 pm
I would prefer (and have chosen) to live a life of convenience without freedom, rather than worry about the perils of living freely in an anarchy.

So you have quite a bit of convincing to do, to get me to switch.

Allow me to refer you here to the Stockholm Syndrome.

dough560 on November 18, 2011, 08:32:37 am
Mellyrn, good point.  Went through a terrorism course where class members were taken hostage.  The people knew it was a training scenario and we still had people identifying with the "terrorists". The fixation occurred in as little as six hours.

Some raised in our system will be unable to reach for freedom, even with the door standing wide open.  That just makes them human.  Nice to see people grow.  Sorrow for those who can't or won't. 

spudit on November 18, 2011, 03:26:05 pm
Exactly how, these days, do you tell Stockholm Syndrome from patriotisim.

Seems like most patriots I hear most of the time would excrete a smelly warm dish of brown soft serve if presented with real, as intended in the US, freedom.
Vote Early and Vote Often
for EFT
have you voted today?

UncleRice on November 18, 2011, 07:27:06 pm
You ask that like you think there is a difference.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

spudit on November 19, 2011, 05:22:33 pm
The question is should there be a difference. There is for me but the silly flag waving herd?
Vote Early and Vote Often
for EFT
have you voted today?

sam on November 19, 2011, 07:41:34 pm

Seems to me that today the US flag, and to a lesser extent British flag, is a symbol of rebellion and defiance against the state.  Therefore, you can tell the difference.

For example http://www.theblaze.com/stories/fed-judge-calif-school-was-right-to-forbid-students-american-flag-t-shirts-on-cinco-de-mayo/

If someone waves a US flag, he probably believes that Obama is a Muslim commie, the supreme court needs to be impeached, and the state department intends for the UN to rule the US.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 08:13:22 pm by sam »

Cheshiremythos on November 23, 2011, 11:00:47 pm
If someone waves a US flag, he probably believes that Obama is a Muslim commie, the supreme court needs to be impeached, and the state department intends for the UN to rule the US.

Yeah but the next question becomes is that anti-state or anti-"current administration"?

If its anti-state good on them I guess. If its anti current admin then its no different from stockholm syndrome either.

anything