spudit on March 22, 2011, 11:24:48 am
Good points and a good example of value adding.

We have here a batch of fertilized salmon eggs, a pile of cheap PSSF perfect synthetic salmon food and some tanks, one of fresh river water, one salty ocean. Salmon being not too bright live their lives in one then the other and one day are exported as premier salmon steaks, for a lot.
$$$

Here in the People's Republic of Wa, I understand you not only need a permit to fish, to gather shellfish but also to harvest seaweed! Seaweed is a big deal in Asia and often sold dried, light and valuable.
more $$$
Vote Early and Vote Often
for EFT
have you voted today?

Apollo-Soyuz on April 20, 2011, 08:06:20 pm
Спасибо большое, очень много инфы нашла на вашем форуме)

Don't tell me we're getting spam from the Russians! (Speaking of SPAM, the pink meat that's fun to eat, the Russians called it "Roosevelt Sausage".)  And speaking of sausage, we could send it to them because of the "lend-lease" thingie.

And speaking of food that is taboo, well....  Hey, on topic for once!

Oh yea, while the thread is bumped, I can mention Four-Loko and other caffeinated flavored malt beverages!

Because the US gumm-mint says that caffeine is "generally recognized as safe", and a "flavor additive", except when mixed with cheap, adjunct filled, "high gravity" (low specific gravity, actually) swill.

And they can have my Irish Coffee when they pry the mug from my cold dead fingers!

SandySandfort on April 20, 2011, 09:47:09 pm

Don't tell me we're getting spam from the Russians!

Sort of looks like it. I invite our new Russian friend to post in English or don't post at all. All the rest of us speak English as a first or second language; he can to. Assuming he's not a bot.

(Speaking of SPAM, the pink meat that's fun to eat, the Russians called it "Roosevelt Sausage".)  And speaking of sausage, we could send it to them because of the "lend-lease" thingie.

To quote Johnny Carson, "I did not know that." Roosevelt Sausage, who knew?

Of course, "lend-lease" was one of the major legal fictions used to get around supposed neutrality. Intellectually dishonest, but what more can you expect from a government?

And speaking of food that is taboo, well....  Hey, on topic for once!

Oh yea, while the thread is bumped, I can mention Four-Loko and other caffeinated flavored malt beverages!

I don't recall if we discussed it, but observant Mormons will not consume caffeinated products. Jack Mormons, of course, drink whatever they damned well please.

Apollo-Soyuz on April 20, 2011, 10:32:09 pm
I don't recall if we discussed it, but observant Mormons will not consume caffeinated products. Jack Mormons, of course, drink whatever they damned well please.

Adventist don't drink caffeine, but you can still get coke out of the vending machine at the hospital. Did not know that about  Mormons though. Had to lookup "Jack Mormon".

The google translate is: ((Thanks a lot, a lot of disk imaging found on your forum))

quadibloc on April 21, 2011, 09:03:04 am
Of course, "lend-lease" was one of the major legal fictions used to get around supposed neutrality. Intellectually dishonest, but what more can you expect from a government?
That may well be the case, but so what?

It was appropriate for every honest and decent person, in those days, to do everything he could to bring Nazism to an end. If Roosevelt didn't have the votes to send Americans into battle after World War II started in September of 1939, it was entirely appropriate for him to do whatever he could.

The alternative would have been the Nazis winning, which would have turned the whole Earth into a horrible nightmare of slavery. Instead, the nightmare ended up confined to the part of the world behind the Iron Curtain, thanks to victory in World War II, and a generation of people in North America and Western Europe enjoyed the kind of peace, freedom and prosperity that needs to become the unquestioned and unchallengeable birthright of all humans everywhere.

Corydon on April 21, 2011, 09:07:17 am

Adventist don't drink caffeine, but you can still get coke out of the vending machine at the hospital. Did not know that about  Mormons though. Had to lookup "Jack Mormon".

Mormons aren't supposed to drink coffee or tea.  Joseph Smith never said anything about caffeinated soft drinks, though, and so there are plenty of observant Mormons who drink Coke.  The LDS church doesn't have an official position beyond saying that it's a good idea to avoid habit-forming substances such as caffeine.

SandySandfort on April 21, 2011, 12:51:27 pm
It was appropriate for every honest and decent person, in those days, to do everything he could to bring Nazism to an end. If Roosevelt didn't have the votes to send Americans into battle after World War II started in September of 1939, it was entirely appropriate for him to do whatever he could.

So one again we have a US president lying to the American people so that they would do what he wanted, rather than what they wanted. Do you think that is honest and decent? Even then, it required an induced pretext to fool the people enough to have them act against their own best interest. Just like every other war (save the Revolutionary War). How sad.

The alternative would have been the Nazis winning, which would have turned the whole Earth into a horrible nightmare of slavery...

And you are know this how? As far as I can see, Roosevelt's lie and affront to the people and the Constitution (among many), only ended up making the world safe for communism, which then proceeded to murder 100 million innocent people. Great save, FDR.

quadibloc on April 21, 2011, 05:02:58 pm

Don't tell me we're getting spam from the Russians!

Sort of looks like it. I invite our new Russian friend to post in English or don't post at all. All the rest of us speak English as a first or second language; he can to. Assuming he's not a bot.
Since the same message, word for word, with its unclosed parenthesis, is appearing in several different threads, I would say that it is almost certainly spam sent by a bot, unfortunately.

Initially, I thought that a one-time resort to Russian was merely a joke of some sort, since the first instance seemed to fit in with the conversation in the thread.

Apollo-Soyuz on April 21, 2011, 09:50:53 pm
Mormons aren't supposed to drink coffee or tea.  Joseph Smith never said anything about caffeinated soft drinks, though, and so there are plenty of observant Mormons who drink Coke.  The LDS church doesn't have an official position beyond saying that it's a good idea to avoid habit-forming substances such as caffeine.

I guess the gold plates didn't say anything about Mormon tea either. The ephedra in the plant is a powerful stimulant for many people and thanks to the fact that it's a precursor to meth (as well as thanks to a famous athlete who dropped dead at the right moment) means it's off the market.

I was wondering if the war on pseudoephedrine would cause people to harvest the plant in the desert, but it seems like it's easier to smuggle the stuff over our southern border. For now, at least.