GlennWatson on April 05, 2011, 07:52:16 pm
Last I saw, Smurf village was bombed by the UN. Kinda made my entire day!

I alway get Smurfs, Sunnis and Shiites mixed up.  Kinda like Whom's and Whose's

spudit on April 05, 2011, 09:34:59 pm
Hats versus turbans, I think.
Vote Early and Vote Often
for EFT
have you voted today?

quadibloc on April 09, 2011, 07:00:50 am
Waldo from the "where's Waldo books"
This particular element... rather than criticizing it for being "boring", my problem is the strain put on my willing suspension of disbelief. People taking needless risks? I know they sometimes do that when there is a big payoff in entertainment value, such as in going skiing, but... this? That seems to be insanity.

On the other hand, some aspects of the alias chosen are very good. An interracial couple from a Hispanic background is less unusual than one from an English-language background, and that may be true even then, since one can expect a society like the UW to irritate enough people to keep ethnic frictions alive. However, Portuguese names would have been even better.

wdg3rd on April 09, 2011, 11:09:12 am
On the other hand, some aspects of the alias chosen are very good. An interracial couple from a Hispanic background is less unusual than one from an English-language background, and that may be true even then, since one can expect a society like the UW to irritate enough people to keep ethnic frictions alive. However, Portuguese names would have been even better.

You might be amazed at the number of people who can't tell the difference between Spanish and Portugese names.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

quadibloc on April 09, 2011, 04:34:23 pm
You might be amazed at the number of people who can't tell the difference between Spanish and Portugese names.
For all I know, I may have gotten this wrong myself... but since the idea is to avoid the one in a million who has heard of Ozzie and Harriet, it is not the many who do not know who matter, but the one who does.

However, if the UW authorities could read this comic, their goose would be cooked in any event. The UW may be looking for Reggie, and they may be looking for Babbette. But how would they know they were an item?

spudit on April 10, 2011, 11:44:39 am
Hate to rain on the parade but here goes.

The UW has an ID database and mindless tireless computers which look for people. Reports say the lovebirds are alive so the files are active. So the second they get in it's reach, aboard a UW registered ship if they are that dumb, or visit a UW dominated world, Mercury, Luna, even the wrong enclave on Mars, something goes ding. Or do the sneaky bastards have covert ones scattered about disguised as Coke machines. They could.

In 100 years sensors will be able to detect something about them, compare it to data stored in a vault somewhere and alert the authorities. Anyone seen the movie Gattacca?

I wouldn't take much, a gene widget wakes up a fingerprint gadget that does a speach pattern match and then wakes up a human. Youth, rejuv tech is no secret and by then as transparent as hair dye.

If this flaw is real perhaps The Great Gawds of Ceres will find a work around.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 11:50:23 am by spudit »
for EFT
have you voted today?

Holt on April 11, 2011, 05:38:43 pm
The Great Gawds of Ceres will find a work around.

Anarchy magic. Literally magic. All anarchists are capable of casting magic spells and setting fire to goats with their minds.

spudit on April 11, 2011, 09:53:10 pm
The Great Gawds of Ceres will find a work around.

Anarchy magic. Literally magic. All anarchists are capable of casting magic spells and setting fire to goats with their minds.
True, and a damned heavy burden it can be at times, though fun at parties, but all too true.

One day you too may learn the trick.

I love the smell of burning goats in the morning, it smells like -- ANARCHY!
for EFT
have you voted today?

Holt on April 12, 2011, 08:14:37 am
]True, and a damned heavy burden it can be at times, though fun at parties, but all too true.

One day you too may learn the trick.

I love the smell of burning goats in the morning, it smells like -- ANARCHY!

Nah I got better. People like me can turn into Kamen Rideresque heroes at will in order to fight evil.
The Earth calls me! Humanity calls me! They call on me to defeat evil!
Listen evil doers I am a warrior of justice! The absolute bastard
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 11:24:51 am by Holt »

spudit on April 12, 2011, 10:29:54 am
Not bad but you missed the ultimate trump card.

"It's For The Children".

Now there's an all purpose all powerful excuse for anything. If it helps the brats ANYTHING goes.

You might double check the HTML that makes your quotes come up too.
for EFT
have you voted today?

Holt on April 12, 2011, 12:48:15 pm
Yeah but I'm not evil. Evil people tend to use the children line

dough560 on April 22, 2011, 04:10:52 pm
That last comment puts Obama and his fellow travelers together with Hitler Stalin, Po Pot and Mao.  The question becomes; when will Obama open his camps?

Holt on April 22, 2011, 04:14:01 pm
Around the same time the British Royal Family confess to being evil space lizards who eat children. Honestly what is it with you fringe people and being convinced Obama is some kind of antichrist or dictator in waiting?

It's because he's not white isn't it? Go on you can admit it.

sam on April 30, 2011, 12:53:25 am
That last comment puts Obama and his fellow travelers together with Hitler Stalin, Po Pot and Mao.  The question becomes; when will Obama open his camps?

Shortly after he wins the 2016 election.

The time of democracy is reaching its end.

anything