Apollo-Soyuz on April 04, 2011, 08:19:40 am
I mean it's good to have a spare ID handy, especially when the UW sends troops to live next door to you, but why would catching Babbette be a score?

Maybe because she deducted ounces of gold for boarding those official UW agents instead of grams?  :-P

http://www.bigheadpress.com/eft?page=25

SandySandfort on April 04, 2011, 02:44:57 pm
I mean it's good to have a spare ID handy, especially when the UW sends troops to live next door to you, but why would catching Babbette be a score?

Like Reggie, she has a history. She and her husband, Carlos Ernesto Guzmán, were rebels who fought the UW when they were back on Terra. They flew the coop, one jump ahead of UWBI, with their son, Ernesto, and his informally adopted brother, Robert. But that's another story...

Apollo-Soyuz on April 04, 2011, 06:20:14 pm
Like Reggie, she has a history.

Ah, good to know. That should make an interesting arc at some point. B & E ought to follow suit if they haven't already.

What does the UWBI stand for?

mellyrn on April 04, 2011, 06:52:09 pm
UWBI -- I'm guessing United World Bureau of Investigation.  FBI with UW instead of F.

ZeissIkon on April 04, 2011, 06:56:57 pm
What does the UWBI stand for?

One presumes it to be a procedural and political descendant of the early 21st century FBI and Interpoi, with the initials standing for United Worlds Bureau of Investigation.

spudit on April 05, 2011, 09:50:32 am
Am I missing some inner inside joke about the actual chosen names?
Vote Early and Vote Often
for EFT
have you voted today?

sircrash on April 05, 2011, 10:10:36 am
It's a "Where's Waldo" reference. Wenda is his  girlfriend (the one who takes the pictures) according to the Waldo Wiki here http://waldo.wikia.com/wiki/Wenda. There really is a place for everything on the internet...

Am I missing some inner inside joke about the actual chosen names?

spudit on April 05, 2011, 11:45:28 am
Thanks, I figured it was something like that. I never tried to find him myself, never knew he had a last name either.

It is all so friggin deep'
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:47:16 am by spudit »
for EFT
have you voted today?

Holt on April 05, 2011, 11:51:40 am
Dangerous anarchists/terrorists?
Least if the authors comment that she was some form of rebel on Earth is true.

quadibloc on April 05, 2011, 12:39:17 pm
It's a "Where's Waldo" reference. Wenda is his  girlfriend (the one who takes the pictures) according to the Waldo Wiki here http://waldo.wikia.com/wiki/Wenda. There really is a place for everything on the internet...
I was expecting a hidden reference, and Where's Waldo came to mind.

It's a good thing he didn't choose, say, Walter and Wendy Carlos... which is what those names brought to my mind.

But it should be obvious that it only takes 0.0001% of the human race to blow a cover. Still, he was reasonably cautious. Waldo and Wenda Sandiego would have been more risky.

spudit on April 05, 2011, 12:46:24 pm
Waldo and Carmen?
for EFT
have you voted today?

Holt on April 05, 2011, 12:51:24 pm
Waldo from the "where's Waldo books" I think those were "Where's Wally" in some places.
Carmen as in Carmen Sandiego who was some educational game character but was much more interesting in a cartoon series which followed some brats chasing her across the Earth.

spudit on April 05, 2011, 12:54:13 pm
I liked that show, what I saw of it, whatever it takes to teach geography.

I hear talk of a Smurfs movie in the works.
for EFT
have you voted today?

quadibloc on April 05, 2011, 01:01:54 pm
I liked that show, what I saw of it, whatever it takes to teach geography.
Of course, now they have Dora the Explorer; although she may be teaching other subjects to a younger crowd, like counting and the alphabet - I haven't really paid attention.

Apollo-Soyuz on April 05, 2011, 06:31:06 pm
Last I saw, Smurf village was bombed by the UN. Kinda made my entire day!

A sequel to that would be hard to top.

I hear talk of a Smurfs movie in the works.

anything