SandySandfort on March 31, 2011, 01:22:28 pm
Perhaps she's now a ringer for the person formerly known as "Babbette the Younger".

Twisted, perverted and disturbing.... I like it.

spudit on March 31, 2011, 04:13:10 pm
A quick one, maybe he blabbed while drunk and she looks like, I forget the name right now, Guy's girl, Florenia? As fantasized on his ast trip to Mars, you know, enhanced.
Vote Early and Vote Often
for EFT
have you voted today?

Corydon on April 01, 2011, 06:29:44 am
Yep, Babette is a babe!  Whoo hoo!

... though "you look mahhhhvelous" was Fernando Lamas' (and Billy Crystal's) line, not Ricardo Montalban's.

macsnafu on April 01, 2011, 08:45:21 am
Oh no!  You didn't just make a Fantasy Island reference, did you?  Not that I didn't enjoy the show when it was on, but it seems out of place here.
I love mankind.  It's PEOPLE I can't stand!  - Linus Van Pelt.

SandySandfort on April 01, 2011, 09:06:01 am
Yep, Babette is a babe!  Whoo hoo!

... though "you look mahhhhvelous" was Fernando Lamas' (and Billy Crystal's) line, not Ricardo Montalban's.

You are correct, sir. Though I have found some attributions of the phrase to Montalban, they are not persuasive. I will see if I can get Scott to change it.

spudit on April 01, 2011, 09:23:09 am
In 100 years who's gonna know the difference.
for EFT
have you voted today?

SandySandfort on April 01, 2011, 09:24:40 am
Oh no!  You didn't just make a Fantasy Island reference, did you?  Not that I didn't enjoy the show when it was on, but it seems out of place here.

I have been corrected; Fernando Lamas, not Ricardo Montalbán, not Fantasy Island. In any case, have you ever watched Our Gang (Little Rascals) movies? Way before your time, right? Well, people in the future will watch classic movies and TV shows. ("I Love Lucy" will never die!) Besides, people as old as Reggie and Babbette could have actually seen the original Tonight Show episode wherein Lamas reportedly first uttered those words.

GlennWatson on April 01, 2011, 04:06:41 pm
Is Babbette a woman of color now?  At first I thought yes.  She seems a bit darker than before.

spudit on April 01, 2011, 07:14:58 pm
A woman who goes out of her way to make her butt bigger?

Now I know  this is science fiction.
for EFT
have you voted today?

SandySandfort on April 01, 2011, 08:12:39 pm
Is Babbette a woman of color now?  At first I thought yes.  She seems a bit darker than before.

No, she may have gotten tanned up a bit, but she is pretty much what she was when she was in her twenties.

NeitherRuleNorBeRuled on April 01, 2011, 08:20:54 pm

Preference for large vs. small butts is very much a cultural attribute; even today many groups (although the typical "white European" groups aren't one of them)  prefer larger sizes.   And historically, even "white Europeans" have favored them:
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/File:Bustle.JPG.

SandySandfort on April 01, 2011, 08:22:44 pm

I guess you aren't very familiar with Latin culture.   ;D

A "bubble butt" isn't necessarily bigger, just more spherical. It's a shape, not a size. See the most popular definition here:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bubble%20butt

Anyway, all Babbette had done, was to reverse the damages of age and gravity.

NeitherRuleNorBeRuled on April 01, 2011, 08:24:13 pm
No, she may have gotten tanned up a bit, but she is pretty much what she was when she was in her twenties.

Speaking of which, thank you for not insulting us with yet another Christmastime "Magi Moment" plot contrivance.  :)

NeitherRuleNorBeRuled on April 01, 2011, 08:33:02 pm
Speaking of which, thank you for not insulting us with yet another Christmastime "Magi Moment" plot contrivance.  :)

.... Although, if I read that Chang gets visited in the night by three spirits, then bursts out of bed proclaiming that he has now embraced AnCap principles, I'll withdraw my thanks and give up on the strip. >:( >:( ;D

quadibloc on April 01, 2011, 09:00:35 pm
There go my Moxana points!

Now I know this is science fiction.
Perhaps you would enjoy "Empowered" from Dark Horse Press.

But even among Caucasians, not all cultures have the same concept of feminine beauty. Thus, I've seen it said that Italian women, as well as Latin women, are comfortable with curves.

In fact, reading "Empowered", I've gained some insight into why some women are uncomfortable with a little padding even though it doesn't make them less attractive. They want a chaste beauty, not a torrid sexy beauty... because they want to attract the right sort of man to love them for the right sort of reasons.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 09:04:17 pm by quadibloc »

anything