spudit on March 30, 2011, 04:39:26 pm
I raided my CD stash, then the town library for MP3s, and a college library, and my brother's collection. One day I'll tap the Chicago Public Library blues collection, I assume it it is raw-ther vast. It helps that my sister in law works there. Just sit there and rip with the info from their wi fi.

One day maybe next year we will be anchored in some remote cove halfway to Alaska but by golly, we will have tunes.
Vote Early and Vote Often
for EFT
have you voted today?

wdg3rd on March 30, 2011, 04:50:56 pm
Didn't the thread on music start over in the Quantum Wave forum?

Been a fan of Hawkwond since I found a copy of "Warrior on the Edge of Time" back in '75.  Yeah, I bought it because I was a fan of Moorcock.  I was never into metal for the sake of metal, though.  Of their albums, "Quark" is actually my favorite LP by Hawkwind, unless you count the independent effort by Calvert, "Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters".

The local "classic rock" station of course never plays any Hawkwind.  Over and over I request "Urban Guerrilla" to no avail.

My music tastes tend to be a bit eclectic and all over the map.  I recall a time when my (LP) changer had a stack of Hawkwind, Steeleye Span, John Hartford, the Mothers, Gregorian chants and Janis Ian.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

spudit on March 30, 2011, 05:43:09 pm
The combo platter, please, which is yet another great thing about MP3s
Another is the exposure of odd stuff. I did download from the original napster, Janis Joplin doing Love light with the Grateful Dead in a duet with her sweetheart, they say, Pigpen Mckearnen, not long before both died.
Don't hear that on the radio either.

Out of the general public, how many have even heard of Hawkwind?
Yet 3 here.
Ain't we special.
for EFT
have you voted today?

quadibloc on March 30, 2011, 07:11:51 pm
compare "Joe King"   page=312
with today   page=668

No real radical changes, I'm not sure who drew what though. Wider face to hide from the UW?
To me, it does seem like he changed his face radically - to a face Babette is less likely to find attractive.

wdg3rd on March 30, 2011, 08:42:39 pm
Yet 3 here.
Ain't we special.

Well, we're sort of a pre-self-selected subset of the public just to get to this forum.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

quadibloc on March 30, 2011, 10:50:39 pm
Is it OK to post links?
I can't answer that kind of a question, not running this forum.

But that "&feature=related" just shows where you went to the page from, and can be trimmed off.

It is wonderful that YouTube has reached an agreement with the music companies, so that there is this nice source of music on the Internet that is both convenient and legal.

EDIT: I see that while he still isn't as good-looking as his old self, he looks better in today's strip than he did in yesterday's.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 12:18:41 am by quadibloc »

macsnafu on March 31, 2011, 09:15:44 am
Yet 3 here.
Ain't we special.

Well, we're sort of a pre-self-selected subset of the public just to get to this forum.

Otherwise known as selection bias.    :P
I love mankind.  It's PEOPLE I can't stand!  - Linus Van Pelt.

spudit on March 31, 2011, 09:36:14 am
Still kinda odd, the Hawkwind and Seastones thing.

Meanwhile, back on Mars. Either she is cosmetically still old or virtual jailbait, I betcha. Knowing Management here, I suspect a weekend cliffhanger. I'm still hoping for the classic whole lotta woman MM look.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 10:24:32 am by spudit »
for EFT
have you voted today?

macsnafu on March 31, 2011, 09:41:59 am
Still kinda odd, the Gawkwind and Seastones thing.

Meanwhile, back on Mars. Either she is cosmetically still old or virtual jailbait, I betcha. Knowing Management here, I suspect a weekend cliffhanger. I'm still hoping for the classic whole lotta woman MM look.

Well, better the Marilyn Monroe look than the Marilyn Manson look. 
I love mankind.  It's PEOPLE I can't stand!  - Linus Van Pelt.

spudit on March 31, 2011, 10:26:16 am
Yep and better Audrey Hepburn than Katherine Hepburn. Woof.
for EFT
have you voted today?

NeitherRuleNorBeRuled on March 31, 2011, 12:35:23 pm
Meanwhile, back on Mars. Either she is cosmetically still old or virtual jailbait, I betcha.

Perhaps she's now a ringer for the person formerly known as "Babbette the Younger".

quadibloc on March 31, 2011, 12:38:37 pm
I'm going for Babette's surprising transformation being half of the "Gift of the Magi" prediction I made a while back, even if the other half was more than wrong. I'm hoping to salvage some Moxana points out of this.

Apollo-Soyuz on March 31, 2011, 12:46:29 pm
To me, it does seem like he changed his face radically - to a face Babette is less likely to find attractive.

Ideally, we'd be comparing notes on panels drawn by the same artist.

Apollo-Soyuz on March 31, 2011, 12:49:53 pm
Whoh look at that! we're off topic again. 

Maybe I should start a "meanwhile back on Mars..." thread?  ;-)

anything