SandySandfort on April 30, 2011, 10:07:02 pm
It has come to my attention that in addition to SAMS, we now also have a SAM on the Forum. So let's try to not confuse them. Better yet, why don't either or both of you attach an image to your profile. Uh... try not to pick the same one.  ;)

quadibloc on May 01, 2011, 02:16:31 am
Uh... try not to pick the same one.  ;)
Actually, that's a very good point. I noticed that someone else on the forum was using the same image as Contrary Guy.

Tucci78 on May 01, 2011, 04:06:54 am
Machts nichts.  sam is so markedly more lucid in his postings than is the hapless, insane social/traditionalist "conservative" sams that there couldn't really be any possibility of confusing the one for the other.
"I is a great believer in peaceful settlements," Jik-jik assured him. "Ain't nobody as peaceful as a dead trouble-maker."
-- Keith Laumer, Retief's War (1966)

sams on May 01, 2011, 05:47:54 am
It has come to my attention that in addition to SAMS, we now also have a SAM on the Forum. So let's try to not confuse them. Better yet, why don't either or both of you attach an image to your profile. Uh... try not to pick the same one.  ;)

Mission accomplished ... Malcolm X avatar taken

Machts nichts.  sam is so markedly more lucid in his postings than is the hapless, insane social/traditionalist "conservative" sams that there couldn't really be any possibility of confusing the one for the other.
::)

I have better things to do than to deal with your condescension

J Thomas on May 01, 2011, 06:26:52 am

I have no idea why "sam" doesn't call himself "jamesd".

Aardvark on May 01, 2011, 07:10:40 am
Tucci78: Machts nichts.

That's "Macht nichts," btw.

SandySandfort on May 01, 2011, 09:31:01 am
I have no idea why "sam" doesn't call himself "jamesd".

Probably because he is afraid I will "out" him.  ::)

wdg3rd on May 01, 2011, 04:07:25 pm

How you spell it mox nix to me.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

Tucci78 on May 02, 2011, 02:06:17 am

There's proper Hochdeutsch and then there's the "Hey, Schatzie!" borrow-words prevalent throughout the U.S. Army by way of the decades-long history of the USAEUR.

I might've written it "mox nix," but what the hell....
"I is a great believer in peaceful settlements," Jik-jik assured him. "Ain't nobody as peaceful as a dead trouble-maker."
-- Keith Laumer, Retief's War (1966)

Aardvark on May 02, 2011, 02:29:01 am
Tucci78: I might've written it "mox nix," but what the hell....

No big deal. I might have been a tad anal, considering the place. "Mox nix" is the way most casual foreigners  pronounce it. I took German, though, and spent some time in Germany when I was in the Army.

quadibloc on May 02, 2011, 06:49:41 am
How you spell it mox nix to me.
Oh, that's why the card that counters a zero-cost spell for zero cost is called "Nix".

KBCraig on May 04, 2011, 12:42:31 am
"Nix nine bonhoff".  ;D

As used in Fulda during the late '80s by the locals, it was "macht's nichts", a contraction of "macht es nichts". Aside from the apostrophe, "machts nichts" is perfectly acceptable.

dough560 on May 04, 2011, 01:52:03 am
You guys are starting to make me homesick for my adopted home.

anything