Do
Chaos
;D
Vote Early and Vote Often
for EFT
have you voted today?

macsnafu on March 07, 2011, 09:00:02 am
Be a rebel--don't test the new server.

Oh, wait.  That might not be such a good idea.

;-)
I love mankind.  It's PEOPLE I can't stand!  - Linus Van Pelt.

terry_freeman on March 07, 2011, 09:07:44 am
I am now wiping my monitor screen. Oh, Chaos! ;D

Holt on April 05, 2011, 12:03:34 pm
Difference between management and middle management. Especially in corps.
During the 90s external "corporate dynamics experts" became very popular. A company would hire them and they'd poke around and give advice on what to change to improve things. Sometimes you got good advice but more often than not you got "hire more middle management"
Hence the modern environment in corps.

quadibloc on April 05, 2011, 12:52:45 pm
Sometimes you got good advice but more often than not you got "hire more middle management"
Huh? I thought they got rid of most of their middle management in the downsizing epidemic.

Holt on April 05, 2011, 12:55:57 pm
Sometimes you got good advice but more often than not you got "hire more middle management"
Huh? I thought they got rid of most of their middle management in the downsizing epidemic.

They did get rid of a load generally. But most businesses have created work for them in the past that they now think of as "essential" even though it isn't.

quadibloc on April 05, 2011, 01:05:24 pm
Also, it might be noted that for Dilbert's boss to give instructions that are constructive, if blindingly obvious, is actually an improvement, since he is usually depicted as giving orders that are counterproductive if not disastrous.

Plane on April 19, 2011, 10:23:34 pm

anything