mellyrn on March 03, 2011, 04:56:19 pm
I have a very vivid imagination.  I might not come up with much new stuff of my own, but I can take a hint and reeeeally run with it.

And this is being an awesome hint!  TCHA!  Shooting into the wall, into total darkness, at that speed?  YEEEHAAAAHH!

Congrats to the author of the (whole) concept.  And congrats to the representation -- for not being a movie, this is being pretty intense!

spudit on March 03, 2011, 05:50:25 pm
Wheee!
Yowww!
Hurlll!
What fun.

EFT the animated series?

For that I might get a TV.
Vote Early and Vote Often
for EFT
have you voted today?

SandySandfort on March 03, 2011, 06:26:40 pm
Wheee!
Yowww!
Hurlll!
What fun.

EFT the animated series?

From your mouth to SyFy's ear!

spudit on March 04, 2011, 10:50:12 am
Betcha this ride ain't cheap even if gold is actually worthless and all paper money really is printed in the Land of Make Believe, as some here hold.
for EFT
have you voted today?

terry_freeman on March 04, 2011, 11:22:01 am
Betcha this ride ain't cheap even if gold is actually worthless and all paper money really is printed in the Land of Make Believe, as some here hold.

Over time, free markets tend to reduce the cost of production of any good or service. This ride appears to have a large capital investment - rails, cars, tunnels, and so forth - and modest incremental costs - a certain amount of energy to lift the cars to the top of the potential well, a certain amount of human effort to maintain and operate the ride; x amount for replacement parts.

Under such conditions, prices would be set low enough to maximize ridership, without permitting marginal expenses to exceed marginal revenues.

The cartoon shows several long trains, presumably full of paying customers. This is consistent with simple economic decision-making, as practiced by real-world entrepreneurs.

spudit on March 04, 2011, 11:34:19 am
I hope so, Terry, start up and maintainence look to be a beach.
for EFT
have you voted today?

GlennWatson on March 06, 2011, 08:07:59 am
This comic would make a good TV cartoon.  I could see a sort of retro black and white effect .  Since it is so of political is could be on Fox.

quadibloc on March 06, 2011, 10:40:01 am
Since it is so of political is could be on Fox.
Not... really. Generally speaking, people who support AnCap, or who are Libertarians, feel that what passes for conservatism in the mainstream these days is but a snare and a delusion - and their ideas are the ones the mainstream is afraid of (and afraid to allow a fair hearing for).

Of course, just because they laughed at Robert Fulton... when an idea is far outside the mainstream, that could be because it lacks appeal, not because of a conspiracy of silence. But either way, I suspect Fox wouldn't be interested.

GlennWatson on March 06, 2011, 03:55:30 pm
Yes...  really. 

Fox might or might not want the cartoon, I have no idea.  But I do know this.  If they did it would be because it made money for them.  Fox is well known for cartoons that make money so it could be a good fit. 

Now argue with that.

spudit on March 07, 2011, 12:03:13 am
Fox News or Fox as in the Simpsons?

I hear tell Oprah has her own cable channel, now how open minded is she?
for EFT
have you voted today?

GlennWatson on March 07, 2011, 06:40:20 am
Same company.

spudit on March 07, 2011, 10:41:28 am
Oprah, Bart and Bill O?
for EFT
have you voted today?

mr_pity on March 07, 2011, 01:30:03 pm
Long time listener, first time caller. Today's strip (#651) was amusing enough that I felt the need to register and comment.

The expression on Reggie's face reminds me of this Perry Bible Fellowship strip:

http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF186-Guntron_Alliance_Force.jpg

The expression on the blue (then green) leader's face is priceless. Some might call it "grim determination," but I'd call it "resigned terror."  "So long, Skorpex," indeed!

AlpineBob on March 08, 2011, 03:33:11 am
Man, this is tedious.  No plot.  No character dev.  Nothing much  but stills of cars on a track.
Yeah, it's a cool idea, but after the second day you used it up. 
How much longer is this trip going to last? 

spudit on March 08, 2011, 12:03:32 pm
The voices coming from the door knob tell me the strip will be renamed Escape From Terra by Martian Roller Coaster, EFTMRC, next week. the ride will never ever end, best jump ship now before you end up with your own talking door knob.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 12:05:33 pm by spudit »
for EFT
have you voted today?

anything