Brugle on March 05, 2011, 11:55:27 am
Obviously, there are readers who are knocked out by this arc. Others are merely put to sleep.
I'm in between.  I probably wouldn't enjoy the ride, but I enjoy the description and can imagine being on it (with an incentive similar to Reggie's).

terry_freeman on March 06, 2011, 08:53:19 am
I am a weird creature; I don't know why roller coasters are such a thrill, but I don't find them discomfiting either. This gives me the objectivity to enjoy watching Babbette and Reggie. This looks like a stellar ride, if you'll pardon my pun. 

GlennWatson on March 07, 2011, 11:15:37 pm
How many more weeks will this roller coaster ride last?  I am curious about whats going on back in Ceres but is satisfying my curiosity worth this interminable wait?  This side trip to Mars seems like some sort of punishment for the readers?

I am trying to think of another story where the author purposely delays the main story line in order to bore the readers to death with a side story of no relevance.  I can't think of one.

I suppose this roller coaster might eventually play some sort of role in the main story, like a gun appearing in the first act of a play, but I doubt it.

Wake me when its over.

spudit on March 07, 2011, 11:20:21 pm
It ain't my story to tell, or Glenn's either.
Just enjoy the ride.
Vote Early and Vote Often
for EFT
have you voted today?

GlennWatson on March 08, 2011, 06:31:27 am
I'm trying.  A little help from the author would be nice.

mellyrn on March 08, 2011, 06:59:02 am
This very thread begins, "I left EFT two months ago because the old people love wasn't interesting, but the present arc is . . . "

And as someone else pointed out already, what is "days" online is only a few pages in hardcopy.

Over in Girl Genius, the past 24 hours of comic time have taken three years of MWF installments.

How old are you?

sams on March 08, 2011, 07:09:30 am
This very thread begins, "I left EFT two months ago because the old people love wasn't interesting, but the present arc is . . . "

And as someone else pointed out already, what is "days" online is only a few pages in hardcopy.

Over in Girl Genius, the past 24 hours of comic time have taken three years of MWF installments.

How old are you?

22 years Old, full of dreams and immaturity  ;D

SandySandfort on March 08, 2011, 08:50:57 am
... what is "days" online is only a few pages in hardcopy.

This is correct. As I see it, readers who claimed to be bored by EFT (yet chatter on about it like magpies) have several viable options:

1. Don't follow EFT on line. Buy the damned book when it comes out.

2. Follow EFT on line, but only read it on a weekly or monthly basis.

3. Don't vote for EFT at Top Comics, the days you are disappointed. I pay some attention to this overall indicator of popularity.* Of course this only works if you vote for EFT on the days you are pleased. You are voting for EFT, aren't you?  :-*

4. Don't read EFT at all. Nobody has a gun to your head. If you are bored or think EFT is "propaganda," well, don't let the door hit your ass on your way out.  ;D

* I do pay attention to what most of you post on the Forum. However, the degree of credence I place in what Forum posters write is highly affected by my overall respect for the posters mental processes... or lack there of. By that standards, there are several posters I ignore entirely. I'm sure you know who they are.  :D

quadibloc on March 08, 2011, 01:51:08 pm
You are voting for EFT, aren't you?
I keep forgetting you're even on TWC. Since you don't use the usual blue EFT ad that I see on most of the other webcomics I visit that are on TWC, I keep failing to recognize your TWC ad.

SandySandfort on March 08, 2011, 04:08:56 pm
You are voting for EFT, aren't you?
I keep forgetting you're even on TWC. Since you don't use the usual blue EFT ad that I see on most of the other webcomics I visit that are on TWC, I keep failing to recognize your TWC ad.

But you know where it is now, right? Four down from the "Donate" button. <hint, hint>

GlennWatson on March 08, 2011, 04:23:06 pm
I don't mean to hurt any one's feelimgs and I said from the beginning that I loved this arc.  But over a week of roller coaster descriptions is tedious.  I know how comics work and IMHO this divergence is poorly done.

The fact that it is free does no chage that.

spudit on March 08, 2011, 05:04:10 pm
As I understand it, what Glenn and others mean, deep down is

Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?
Are we there yet?

Actually it is a very long ride, one might even call it a 3 hour tour,
a three hour tour.

Just wait till next month gang, 20 straight strips of the love birds side by side in rejuvination comas, you will look back then at this incredibly exciting time.

Just kidding gang, or what I think I actually mean deep down is,
We get there when we get there.
for EFT
have you voted today?

quadibloc on March 08, 2011, 07:27:31 pm
one might even call it a 3 hour tour,
Oh, my. Like Star Trek: Voyager.

spudit on March 08, 2011, 07:35:56 pm
Too true. ;D
one might even call it a 3 hour tour,
Oh, my. Like Star Trek: Voyager.
for EFT
have you voted today?

GlennWatson on March 08, 2011, 09:50:23 pm
If I am in the minority in that I don't care for a week long comic about a roller coaster ride that probably has little or nothing to do with the main story line then so be it.

I admit I could be wrong but for now, again I ask, wake me when its over.