quadibloc on January 28, 2011, 05:42:23 pm
It's too bad that, because this is a serious comic, Babbette Sr. isn't allowed to be genre savvy.

After rejuv, they might have been better able to crawl out of the wreckage... obviously, there's going to be some horrible accident on the roller coaster, perhaps one of them will die, and the other will see no point in getting rejuv any longer, or one of them will be injured badly enough so that the medical bills for that will mean they won't be able to proceed with rejuv.

Otherwise, there could just have been an accident from which they escape relatively unscathed thanks to some ingenuity... but the juxtaposition of the rollercoaster ride with rejuv has doomed them.

Or am I just unjustly paranoid because of having encountered too many cliches too many times?

Scott on January 28, 2011, 07:46:55 pm
Bwaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha

SandySandfort on January 28, 2011, 08:47:14 pm
Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.

It's too bad that, because this is a serious comic, Babbette Sr. isn't allowed to be genre savvy.

After rejuv, they might have been better able to crawl out of the wreckage... obviously, there's going to be some horrible accident on the roller coaster, perhaps one of them will die, and the other will see no point in getting rejuv any longer, or one of them will be injured badly enough so that the medical bills for that will mean they won't be able to proceed with rejuv.

Otherwise, there could just have been an accident from which they escape relatively unscathed thanks to some ingenuity... but the juxtaposition of the rollercoaster ride with rejuv has doomed them.

Or am I just unjustly paranoid because of having encountered too many cliches too many times?

Plane on January 28, 2011, 09:50:42 pm
So she isn't doomed?

Must be about to be kidnapped.

Big.Swede on January 29, 2011, 10:45:14 am
So she isn't doomed?

Shush! Donīt spoil it for the rest of us. ;)
"Iīm purely a layman, wondering from a laymans point of view."

SandySandfort on January 29, 2011, 11:16:22 am
So she isn't doomed?

Shush! Donīt spoil it for the rest of us. ;)

No danger there.

quadibloc on January 31, 2011, 12:22:54 am
In any case, I see that the "mysterious terran foursome" who gave a former physics professor the chance to make a new friend and help a new arrival out... are still on Ceres. I had thought the scene would be on Mars at first glance.