Bob G on October 11, 2010, 07:31:20 am
What I see as the problem is that there is so little crime on Ceres that being a Justice Agent would be at best a sideline and not a career. Since this story arc is just beginning, and the original mugger is now gone, I suppose most of the arc will be about his misadventures in that regard.

And why would Wally's career be restricted to Ceres? Look at Bert & Ernie's claim jumpers/pirates whose 'trial' is now in session.
Whatsoever, for any cause, seeketh to take or give
  Power above or beyond the Laws, suffer it not to live.
Holy State, or Holy King, or Holy People's Will.
  Have no truck with the senseless thing, order the guns and kill.

The penultimate stanza of Rudyard Kipling's MacDonough's Song

macsnafu on October 11, 2010, 10:45:22 am
"Justice Agent"?  Why not just a plain, old private detective?  He's proven he can do investigation, but he's yet to prove he can handle himself in a fight or struggle.
I love mankind.  It's PEOPLE I can't stand!  - Linus Van Pelt.

jamesd on October 11, 2010, 06:03:10 pm
"Justice Agent"?  Why not just a plain, old private detective?  He's proven he can do investigation, but he's yet to prove he can handle himself in a fight or struggle.

Seems to me that we have older words for the people that uphold order absent a state:  Vigilante, militiamen, heroes.

terry_freeman on October 11, 2010, 09:23:40 pm
Absent a state, everybody is part of the militia.

Azure Priest on October 12, 2010, 07:28:56 am

And why would Wally's career be restricted to Ceres? Look at Bert & Ernie's claim jumpers/pirates whose 'trial' is now in session.

Let's not forget "the Ice Man" and the whole "Little Prince" fiasco. Although until Wally can get his hands on a ship, his career will be effectively limited to Ceres.

dough560 on November 21, 2010, 11:58:31 pm
Agreed.  The kid is showing determination and logical thought.  He's already learned several important lessons.  1.  Just because you don't know the answer, doesn't mean someone else doesn't.   2. Things are not what they appear.  3.  When things don't make sense, check your facts.  4.  To survive, he needs to develop real world skills dedicated to survival.

He was introduced to:  Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.  And the opposite side of the coin:  Stupidity is a Capitol Offense....

A Toast:  To a Long Career.