SandySandfort on October 26, 2010, 05:14:34 pm
This was why I jumped onto the conclusion that Regie King had a case of Paedophilia ... but still why the older Babbete called Regie ''Sailor'' ? are they of both age or Old Babette like younger kids ?

Historically, this is a joke about prostitutes. A sailor in uniform is almost always "new in town." Babbette is just being silly.

wdg3rd on October 26, 2010, 11:51:18 pm
I wonder if that's the real Babette or a re-appearance by Reggie King's hallucination. And I'm puzzled about what happened to the previous story arc, which seems to have left questions up in the air. But maybe this is a brief respite, or something that will create background.

Quad, he left Mars some time back.  Babette the Elder is fully of age by any standard anywhere (though some cultures might consider her a slave to her children ), her granddaughter is of age by any standard that recognizes individual choice (few such cultures in North America).
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

wdg3rd on October 27, 2010, 12:01:01 am
And if you think that's confusing, try scheduling all this stuff!
I was confused before; I'm not confused any more!

Now I know we're just taking an interlude with another story to allow the artists to work at a human pace, and this change of scene doesn't have a complicated and profound plot reason.

It probably does.  Minor breaks like this give time to think up serious plot complications.  Or give the main creators ideas for some really nasty stuff (some to their creations, some to each other).

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

wdg3rd on October 27, 2010, 12:18:28 am

This was why I jumped onto the conclusion that Regie King had a case of Paedophilia ... but still why the older Babbete called Regie ''Sailor'' ? are they of both age or Old Babette like younger kids ?

Reg and Old Bab may be of similar age, or they may both be fans of old celluloid.  (I'm guessing he's about a generation older than she is, bracketing my own age).  The phrase "hello, sailor" appeared in the movies shortly after motion pictures developed sound.

quadibloc on October 28, 2010, 08:39:13 am
No doubt Babette the Elder is going to compliment Reggie on being such a gentleman that he never even considers the possibility that she took advantage of him.

Oh, now I see the sinister plot behind this story line! I've heard this one before - how (political system X) will liberate women so much they'll actually be interested in sex. I wasn't fooled when the Communists tried that one!  :)

macsnafu on October 28, 2010, 08:55:08 am
Who took advantage of whom?  I think Reggie's got it backwards!
I love mankind.  It's PEOPLE I can't stand!  - Linus Van Pelt.

SandySandfort on October 28, 2010, 09:16:59 am
... I've heard this one before - how (political system X) will liberate women so much they'll actually be interested in sex. I wasn't fooled when the Communists tried that one!  :)

Geez, Quadibloc, in my experience women under every political system I've encountered have been interested in sex. Maybe your problem is your breath.  ::)

macsnafu on October 28, 2010, 10:29:44 am
... I've heard this one before - how (political system X) will liberate women so much they'll actually be interested in sex. I wasn't fooled when the Communists tried that one!  :)

Geez, Quadibloc, in my experience women under every political system I've encountered have been interested in sex.

True, but some of them have more hangups about it than others...
I love mankind.  It's PEOPLE I can't stand!  - Linus Van Pelt.

wdg3rd on October 28, 2010, 09:29:37 pm
Aren't roofies considered an initiation of force?  That or something similar seems to resemble the symptoms Reg is having.
Though he might have already had enough to drink to be in blackout, that kind of BAL tends to make a man not the best sex partner.  I speak from hearsay of the couple of times I'm told I attempted sex during blackouts and a few other times when at that BAL that I attempted sex while in possession of memory, if not exactly full mental and physical capacity.  (None of these were transient relationships, by the way -- I'm on my third marriage (almost 12 years) and planning to remarry my first wife (recently widowed) and have no plans for divorce -- no, I'm not Mormon nor Muslim nor any other sort of faith-holder).

terry_freeman on October 28, 2010, 09:33:16 pm
what is BAL?

wdg3rd on October 28, 2010, 09:41:20 pm
what is BAL?

Blood Alcohol Level.  As in, almost everywhere in the US, a BAL of .08 is a DWI (used to be .10 most places, then a new feral government mandate came down upon the state governments).

Tucci78 on October 29, 2010, 04:11:22 pm
Though he might have already had enough to drink to be in blackout, that kind of BAL tends to make a man not the best sex partner. 
Insofar as I'm aware, certain levels of blood alcohol do not so much deprive the male of the capacity to comport himself creditably in copulation as they tend to exaggerate the natural male inclination to consider himself absolutely marvelous in the sack.

Objective justification (or the lack thereof) notwithstanding.
--
"I is a great believer in peaceful settlements," Jik-jik assured him. "Ain't nobody as peaceful as a dead trouble-maker."
-- Keith Laumer, Retief's War (1966)

wdg3rd on October 29, 2010, 09:40:57 pm

Objective justification (or the lack thereof) notwithstanding.

Subjective experience -- I'm not at my best when I'm plastered.  And I have had three wives and several girlfriends (they overlap, sometimes in fun ways) who will back that up.

dough560 on November 07, 2010, 01:03:53 am
Females of any age decide who, when, where and how.  Anything else is rape and in the described society, can get you shot.  If you survive that, you'll paying for the lady's time and trouble stopping you.

As for age of consent, non-issue.  See above.  It is a matter of individual interest and physical development / ability.

If she chose to work as a prostitute, in order to pay her debt.  SO WHAT !!!  Her choice, her society, her culture.

In a previous life in Germany, I used to patrol various red light districts.  Sexually transmitted diseases were almost unknown.  Each of the girls... Find my previous posts on the subject.

Each of these women were ladies and were treated as such, until they proved they weren't.  Then they lost their license and usually ended in a three meter by four meter cell, lit by a fourty watt bulb in a ceiling mount, buried behind a glass brick.  Sucked to be them.