sams on October 25, 2010, 04:06:38 am
By the title, the scene and hints from previous EFT arcs, I have reached the conclusion that the present arc is about Babette secret life has a Prostitute serving passing by crewmen.

Only this time she stumbled on Regie king and had a drunken night of sex ... so do we press charge for paedophilia ? ;D

SandySandfort on October 25, 2010, 08:15:22 am
By the title, the scene and hints from previous EFT arcs, I have reached the conclusion that the present arc is about Babette secret life has a Prostitute serving passing by crewmen.

Only this time she stumbled on Regie king and had a drunken night of sex ... so do we press charge for paedophilia ? ;D

Boy have you got a wrong number! I suggest you wait for it.   ;D

sams on October 25, 2010, 11:19:12 am

Let put our money were our mouth are , wanna bet  ;D

SandySandfort on October 25, 2010, 12:17:47 pm

Let put our money were our mouth are , wanna bet  ;D

I make it a rule to never bet on an outcome with someone who already knows the outcome. So I decline to take your money. However, since you are a betting man, I suggest you find someone else to take your bet. It would certainly liven up the Forum. (Like it needs it!)

quadibloc on October 25, 2010, 02:44:55 pm
I wonder if that's the real Babette or a re-appearance by Reggie King's hallucination. And I'm puzzled about what happened to the previous story arc, which seems to have left questions up in the air. But maybe this is a brief respite, or something that will create background.

I know that Babette is a responsible woman, and I'm still hoping that she and Guy will get together in due course.

Come to think of this, what's been keeping them apart is her tour of duty among the asteroids. So does this mean it must be Reggie's hallucination... well, we'll see.

Oh, wait. I'm thinking of Fiorella Stellina. While in an AnCap society, if people aren't normally concerned if a 14 year old carries a gun or drives a car, while child molestation is dealt with by capital punishment, they probably don't have statutory rape laws of the kind that expect all women to be virgins until their 18th birthday. However, this is probably a ghostly Babette like the ghostly Fiorella we saw earlier... or maybe Reggie does have to deal with an awkward teenage crush, as AnCap mores are different, but not that different.

J Thomas on October 25, 2010, 03:19:51 pm
I wonder if that's the real Babette or a re-appearance by Reggie King's hallucination.

Have you seen any evidence beyond the title that this is Babette at all? Something about the shape of the feet, maybe?

Tucci78 on October 25, 2010, 06:11:36 pm
While in an AnCap society, if people aren't normally concerned if a 14 year old carries a gun or drives a car, while child molestation is dealt with by capital punishment, they probably don't have statutory rape laws of the kind that expect all women to be virgins until their 18th birthday. However, this is probably a ghostly Babette like the ghostly Fiorella we saw earlier... or maybe Reggie does have to deal with an awkward teenage crush, as AnCap mores are different, but not that different.

If the body in Reggie's bed is that of the younger Babette, she's far closer to being 12 standard Terran years of age than 14.  See presentations in an earlier story arc, where the character is drawn into a vehement confrontation about the number of Martian years since her birth.

And we're yet presuming that those two pedal extremities are attached to a barely pubescent "agent for the Ceres Spaceport"?

Hm. Why not? She's also "a certified and insured conveyor." 

Who went on in the next panel to say: "We do what we can, when we can do it." 

Would a concept such as "statutory rape" be any more appreciable in the Belt than the incredible idea that "Governments have schools?"
--
"I is a great believer in peaceful settlements," Jik-jik assured him. "Ain't nobody as peaceful as a dead trouble-maker."
-- Keith Laumer, Retief's War (1966)

Scott on October 25, 2010, 07:11:02 pm
By way of explanation:

We're doing a bit of A/B roll on the story arcs here, to accommodate artist Lee Oaks, who needed extra time to finish a commercial project (actually I got dragged into that too, but that's a whole 'nother story). Leila Del Duca, who did the inks for the "Leap of Faith" arc featuring the Guzmán brothers and their would-be claim-jumpers, is drawing the "Trial And Error" arc, which will continue after a bit. Lee is drawing the "Babbette's Confession" arc (with myself and my son Zeke doing the grey tones) which will run six weeks, then we return to another four weeks of "Trial And Error."

And if you think that's confusing, try scheduling all this stuff!

quadibloc on October 25, 2010, 08:15:48 pm
And if you think that's confusing, try scheduling all this stuff!
I was confused before; I'm not confused any more!

Now I know we're just taking an interlude with another story to allow the artists to work at a human pace, and this change of scene doesn't have a complicated and profound plot reason.

NeitherRuleNorBeRuled on October 25, 2010, 11:15:30 pm
By way of explanation:

We're doing a bit of A/B roll on the story arcs here, to accommodate artist Lee Oaks, who needed extra time to finish a commercial project (actually I got dragged into that too, but that's a whole 'nother story). L

This may be a stupid question, but isn't this a "commercial project"?  I thought that the postings here are a combination of advertising and beta testing, and the final product is what gets printed and distributed.

Karadan on October 26, 2010, 12:40:35 am
Yeah, because anarchist governments have so many laws that you have to worry about breaking.  Oh, wait...

quadibloc on October 26, 2010, 08:49:06 am
This may be a stupid question, but isn't this a "commercial project"?
While it is not my place to speak for the creators of this comic, I would think that there is a distinction, and it's quite apparent.

A webcomic might be commercial to the extent that:

the author requests donations,
there are printed collections of the webcomic offered for sale,
there is advertising on the page where the webcomic is presented.

But the webcomic creator might also be working on other projects, such as

commissioned artwork;
a comic that is only available in printed form;
a day job as an artist for a publisher of printed comics.

The latter projects have a clear and secure financial return. The webcomic, although it may make some money, is a bit more of a speculative project - it could be fairly successful, or it could be a labor of love with only a limited financial return. So while it wouldn't be totally non-commercial, it would still be less commercial than a project of the second type.

lyndondars2010 on October 26, 2010, 10:17:36 am
test
Great site to visit:<a href="http://www.buyantiagingskinproducts.com/">best anti aging skin products</a>

macsnafu on October 26, 2010, 10:50:18 am
I love mankind.  It's PEOPLE I can't stand!  - Linus Van Pelt.

sams on October 26, 2010, 11:45:31 am
While in an AnCap society, if people aren't normally concerned if a 14 year old carries a gun or drives a car, while child molestation is dealt with by capital punishment, they probably don't have statutory rape laws of the kind that expect all women to be virgins until their 18th birthday. However, this is probably a ghostly Babette like the ghostly Fiorella we saw earlier... or maybe Reggie does have to deal with an awkward teenage crush, as AnCap mores are different, but not that different.

If the body in Reggie's bed is that of the younger Babette, she's far closer to being 12 standard Terran years of age than 14.  See presentations in an earlier story arc, where the character is drawn into a vehement confrontation about the number of Martian years since her birth.

And we're yet presuming that those two pedal extremities are attached to a barely pubescent "agent for the Ceres Spaceport"?

Hm. Why not? She's also "a certified and insured conveyor." 

Who went on in the next panel to say: "We do what we can, when we can do it." 

Would a concept such as "statutory rape" be any more appreciable in the Belt than the incredible idea that "Governments have schools?"
--

This was why I jumped onto the conclusion that Regie King had a case of Paedophilia ... but still why the older Babbete called Regie ''Sailor'' ? are they of both age or Old Babette like younger kids ?

anything