sams on March 11, 2011, 04:27:37 pm
Like the Navy protects Kansas?

If it isn't direct it isn't real?

Last time the US had a relitively small military, we were convienient to ignore as Hitler and Stalin planned world conquest.

LOL

Don't make me laugh, Hitler didn't wanted to conquer the world ... crack an History book, like Irving Biography of Hitler from the German OWN archives.

Nazi Germanay had no policy, nor the means to conquer the world, the Wermacht Generals were shitting in their pants and Hitler was willing to work a compromise with Great Britain.

The Soviets also ''conquering'' the world is one of those false and stupid thing people throw around, they couldn't conquer FINLAND and had no chance of winning against Germany except for the fact that Hitler was a supreme moron.

World conquest is become ever more impossible has time pass by and war become awfully impossible, please don't come sell us the ''Conquest of the world scenario''.

China will probably never defeat the combined might of Taiwan, South Korea and Japan, which is what they need to even dream to ''conquer the world''.

India has no imperial Ambitions and even so couldn't make it to Islamabad.

The European Union is a balls free bunch of Hippies.

Tukey will never defeat Greece.

Russia will get beaten up by Poland if they ever dream to far.

Brasil is ruled by a bunch of efeminate moronic drunkard Castro worshippers ... they couldn't even invade Urugay if they wanted.

Finally don't even start about the moronic claim that an Islamic Caliphate will conquer the world and be ruled by Bin Laden ... on Camel back ?

spudit on March 11, 2011, 04:43:18 pm
I wasn't kidding.

The Navy does protect Kansas and direct or not it is real, just complicated.

I suppose a reasonable person could argue the it protects, lets say Texas, which protects Kansas, Oklahoma anyway. 
Vote Early and Vote Often
for EFT
have you voted today?

GlennWatson on March 11, 2011, 04:56:38 pm
I hate overblown writing.

Yeah, its not like he spent two weeks describing a coaster ride.

I'm sorry, I just could not let that pass.

Brugle on March 11, 2011, 05:01:45 pm
I wasn't kidding.
That's what makes it so amusing.

The main purpose of the US Navy is to funnel wealth from the populace to politically powerful people in the war industries.

A secondary function is to destroy the lives and property of innocent foreigners, provoking them into deeds which can be used to scare gullible Americans into continuing to support the state.  Another secondary function is to protect the foreign investments of politically powerful people.

Sure, when it doesn't have more important things to do, the US Navy might try to protect the American populace, but that would be close to the bottom of its priority list.

J Thomas on March 11, 2011, 05:09:29 pm
I wasn't kidding.

I suppose a reasonable person could argue the it protects, lets say Texas, which protects Kansas, Oklahoma anyway. 

I've heard this joke before.

Why are you burning that $20 bill?
To keep away tigers.
But there isn't a tiger within 500 miles of here!
See how effective it is?

But seriously, the US Navy does a lot to protect oil prices. Without our military, foreigners could increase prices to whatever the market will bear. It's only their fear of the US military that gets them to sell at relatively low prices.

Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas owe the US government for keeping oil prices low.

What, you say the oil market is set up so even when there is plenty of oil and plenty of US oil, fear of possible future shortages lets speculators drive US oil prices very high? You can't expect the Navy to do anything about that.

sams on March 11, 2011, 05:19:19 pm
But seriously, the US Navy does a lot to protect oil prices. Without our military, foreigners could increase prices to whatever the market will bear. It's only their fear of the US military that gets them to sell at relatively low prices.

So basically the Navy are a bunch of Robbers and thugs extorting people around the world.

I will Remembers me to show the finger next time I go around the local US embassy ... but don't even come up with the ''defend democracy thing'', we all know MUBARAK

SandySandfort on March 11, 2011, 07:37:35 pm

I'm sorry you couldn't get it right. In the prose version of the story, which was then adapted to comic format, the 839-word roller coaster bit takes around six minutes to read. In the comic format it takes about half that. So you are bitching about 3-4 minutes. As anal retentive as you appear to me, I'm sure a good bowel movement takes you several times longer than that.  ;D

Yes, you wish it had not been spread over eight days. Well, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride. You can still get the three-minute experience by showing some patience and either reading it once or twice per month or <gasp!> actually paying for the printed version when it comes out.

Finally, I did not just "describing a coaster ride." I allowed the readers to vicariously experience it.

sam on March 11, 2011, 08:17:52 pm
Finally, I did not just "describing a coaster ride." I allowed the readers to vicariously experience it.

There is no shortage of actual roller coasters on earth.   

J Thomas on March 11, 2011, 08:25:00 pm

I'm sorry you couldn't get it right. In the prose version of the story, which was then adapted to comic format, the 839-word roller coaster bit takes around six minutes to read. In the comic format it takes about half that. So you are bitching about 3-4 minutes.

I think he is bitching because he really liked the other story and he wants to see how it comes out. Telling him to wait for it, or wait for the book to come out, does not address what he wants at all.

Maybe think of it as a sort of back-handed compliment. He likes your other story so much that he just can't wait.

Which leads to an interesting question. If it was possible for you to put out extra work, how much would it cost? Of course the artists are already busy with 5 pages a week. but if you guys could put out extra stuff to advance the other plot at the same time, how much would you want for it?

Or failing that, can you be bribed? How much would you want to go back to the other plot and do the Mars thing later?

I'm fine with you following your muse, but people who are dissatisfied could perhaps offer to pay you to do what they want instead of what you want.

There's a saying that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I think cash could run a close second. ;)

spudit on March 11, 2011, 08:28:01 pm
You guys are missing something regarding the Navy, the difference between purpose of and use of.

A different example then. I just came in from commiting carpentry; I was whacking stuff with a hammer. The nice folks at the Stanley Tool Company made the hammer for the purpose of hammering nails but I could have used it to hammer in some irritating person's cranium.

Its purpose is hammering nails.
Its many uses include killing people.
Which is certainly an attractive use at times but not very nice.

The Navy, the only constituional military branch, look it up, was created for the purpose of protecting the country. It has way too often been used to bully other countries.  Like a skull crunching hammer, the tool has been misapplied. Don't blame the tool.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 08:29:38 pm by spudit »
for EFT
have you voted today?

Brugle on March 11, 2011, 08:48:47 pm
The Navy, the only constituional military branch, look it up, was created for the purpose of protecting the country. It has way too often been used to bully other countries.  Like a skull crunching hammer, the tool has been misapplied. Don't blame the tool.
Now you are confusing purpose with excuse.

A hammer's purpose is determined by the person or people who uses it.  It might be nailing, it might be skull-crunching, it might be decoration.  A Navy's purpose is determined by the people who use it.  The US Navy's main purpose is the same as that of any other US government organization--to funnel wealth from the US populace into the pockets of the politically powerful.  The excuse for having a Navy is that it will be used to protect the country.

SandySandfort on March 11, 2011, 08:57:46 pm
I think he is bitching because he really liked the other story and he wants to see how it comes out. Telling him to wait for it, or wait for the book to come out, does not address what he wants at all.

Correct, but he has offered me no motivation to give him what he wants and I have no duty to give it to him. Sniping at me does not help the situation.

Which leads to an interesting question. If it was possible for you to put out extra work, how much would it cost? Of course the artists are already busy with 5 pages a week. but if you guys could put out extra stuff to advance the other plot at the same time, how much would you want for it?

Or failing that, can you be bribed? How much would you want to go back to the other plot and do the Mars thing later?

I'm fine with you following your muse, but people who are dissatisfied could perhaps offer to pay you to do what they want instead of what you want.

There's a saying that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I think cash could run a close second. ;)

If I thought we could pull it off, I would be more than happy to offer EFT on a subscription basis. However, I think that business model is flawed. If you can come up with a viable business model, I'm all ears. If someone figures out something that I think will make us more money, I will be more than happy to advocate it to Big Head Press. I'm easy.

spudit on March 11, 2011, 09:02:56 pm
Brugle

Then perhaps Stanley should update their catalog since they seem to have no purpose in mind for the hammer.

Back when it was created there was a real need for a navy to keep invasions down to a minimum.

The Navy may be a poor example, if it's OSHA, the FBI, EPA, BATF, on and on that has you all upset, I am right there with you.

Chicken or egg stuff goes nowhere.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:08:10 pm by spudit »
for EFT
have you voted today?

GlennWatson on March 11, 2011, 10:04:54 pm
I did not just "describe a coaster ride." I allowed the readers to vicariously experience it.

Well la de da.   Someone has a high opinion of themselves.  This just keeps getting better and better.  At least it kills time until we get back to Ceres.

Why did you decide to take your focus away from situation in Ceres to the Honeymoon from Heck?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 10:10:54 pm by GlennWatson »

GlennWatson on March 11, 2011, 10:12:36 pm
Its a dangerous World.  We need the armed forces to protect the nation.  Pretending we don't is silly.

anything