Scott on September 07, 2010, 02:19:42 am
Okay, seriously, we're not starving, but our outgo still exceeds our income, and it occurs to us that some of our readers may be willing to show support for our comics in other ways besides buying our books. So, we've added PayPal "Donate" buttons to the display page for ESCAPE FROM TERRA. The button is located near the upper right corner of the strip, page. Of the money received, 40 percent will be applied to the royalties for this feature's creators, the rest will go to pay for bandwith fees and other costs of keeping Big Head Press going.

So please, click the "Donate" button, enter whatever amount you wish to donate, and help keep Big Head Press alive!

KBCraig on September 07, 2010, 03:06:38 am
I'm glad to see you taking this approach to funding. I hope you were encouraged by the discussion on another forum (which I needn't name at this time), about how artists can capitalize their work without resorting to government force.

I'll be sending money your way, and I encourage others to do so as well.

SandySandfort on September 07, 2010, 08:07:16 am
I'm glad to see you taking this approach to funding. I hope you were encouraged by the discussion on another forum (which I needn't name at this time), about how artists can capitalize their work without resorting to government force.

I'll be sending money your way, and I encourage others to do so as well.

That's the spirit! Also, you can all help us in another way. We have gone from the 60s to 95 in the Top Web Comics ranking. Almost from the start, EFT has had the good fortune to be in the top 100, out of thousands of web comics. I don't want us to slip into triple-digit territory. Being ranked near the top helps bring in new readers and new book buyers, which keep us going. So if you haven't been doing so, please vote for EFT every time you visit. I only takes a few seconds and means a lot to us.

So, please vote for us, buy our book (it's a great gift for all occasions) and donate whenever we especially entertain you. Thanks!

wdg3rd on September 07, 2010, 05:51:30 pm

That's the spirit! Also, you can all help us in another way. We have gone from the 60s to 95 in the Top Web Comics ranking. Almost from the start, EFT has had the good fortune to be in the top 100, out of thousands of web comics. I don't want us to slip into triple-digit territory. Being ranked near the top helps bring in new readers and new book buyers, which keep us going. So if you haven't been doing so, please vote for EFT every time you visit. I only takes a few seconds and means a lot to us.

So, please vote for us, buy our book (it's a great gift for all occasions) and donate whenever we especially entertain you. Thanks!

Five days a week I vote twice, once from home and once from work.  Weekends I just vote from home.

If I ever have a functional credit card again, of course I'll donate.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

SandySandfort on September 07, 2010, 07:47:08 pm
Five days a week I vote twice, once from home and once from work.  Weekends I just vote from home.

My Man! You vote early and often. Thanks!

stsparky on September 08, 2010, 01:44:18 am
Happy to support stellar work, have the dead tree version of Broach and Roswell (which I wish would see in a large format coffee table color edition) ...

Thanks. Where does one vote on your popularity?

SandySandfort on September 08, 2010, 07:54:48 am
Happy to support stellar work, have the dead tree version of Broach and Roswell (which I wish would see in a large format coffee table color edition) ...

Thanks. Where does one vote on your popularity?

Welcome to the Forum and thanks. There is a link that says "Rank" followed by a number. It is on the right side of the strip, near the top. Clicking on it will take you to the Top Web Comics voting page. Pass the Turing test and your vote will be registered.

BTW, over night, EFT's ranking has gone from the med 90s to the low 80s. WOW! Thanks to all who helped move us toward #1. (We can dream, can't we?)

MacFall on September 08, 2010, 11:08:10 am
I'm too poor to donate, and I don't believe in voting. Sorry.

LOL just kidding! I will be able to donate on occasion, and I'll start voting today. ...for the webcomic. Not in elections.
Government is not, as is often believed, a "necessary evil". Rather, it is a plain evil of such power that it has been able to convince people of its necessity.

SandySandfort on September 08, 2010, 02:09:28 pm
LOL just kidding! I will be able to donate on occasion, and I'll start voting today. ...for the webcomic. Not in elections.

Okay, you got me! That "not voting" part really had me going. Anyway, I promise not to run for public office. (As if!)

anything