wdg3rd on June 30, 2010, 10:28:46 pm
All of you who think that AnCaps and Agorists can't make things work, piss off.

My chili covered costs at Porcfest last week, despite that I had to buy all materials retail.  When I move back home to Nuevo Hampshire and can buy the meat at wholesale, it will work.

No complaints.  And I had repeat business, even without being able to do more than a few gallons at a time.  (Gotta get me a trailer or something with a real cooking facility -- a two-burner Coleman just don't do it).

The next batch will be better.  (My mantra for 25 years so far and for as long as I live from now).
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

Scott on July 02, 2010, 05:47:11 pm
Dang. Another reason I regret not being able to attend Porcfest. Oh well, maybe next year.

KBCraig on July 07, 2010, 03:46:53 am

LOL, the FSP forums are buzzing with the "I went to PorcFest but the anarchists made me re-think joining!" threads.

I missed out on your chili this year, Ward. I consoled myself by smoking four racks of riibs. This time next year, I hope to be in the middle of moving to Cos County, so hopefully I'll be able to connect carnivore cooks with suppliers of fresh ingredients.

wdg3rd on July 07, 2010, 07:40:20 pm

LOL, the FSP forums are buzzing with the "I went to PorcFest but the anarchists made me re-think joining!" threads.
/quote]

Minarchist wimps.  Like the folks down in Merrimac County who fled Massachusetts but want their new home to be just like their last.

I missed out on your chili this year, Ward. I consoled myself by smoking four racks of riibs. This time next year, I hope to be in the middle of moving to Cos County, so hopefully I'll be able to connect carnivore cooks with suppliers of fresh ingredients.

My goal is Belknap County, Laconia is where I went to high school.  While I'd prefer to have my restaurant in Laconia, that gets me the tourist trade only during spring and summer, on their way to Bike Week (which is stretching into a third week lately) or the lakes.  I want winter business, so I aim for Tilton with access to I-93 so I can catch the hunters and skiers on their way to kill cervines or risk killing themselves.
Oh, I know some of the suppliers, I just don't yet have the bona fides to get the wholesale prices.

Once I have a business, it's different.  And I'll try to make arrangements with winners of the annual moose lottery (most of them only want the head, don't care about the meat -- and though I'm told the nose and lips are the really tastiest part, I'll pay for the rest from the shoulders back).  I don't need the hide either as that makes chili too chewy.  If the megacervine makes it to a dismantler in a timely fashion (in time to be properly refrigerated and/or frozen) there'll be a good price paid for the material for a seasonal special.  I know there are deer farmers in NH, I'm not sure about meese -- I recall that northeastern meese need access to water regularly and there are strong rules about open water use in NH, while the ones that sauntered through our campground (the remains of that year's LRT Conclave)  in Idaho one year are a bit less picky but since it was a mom and calf, we didn't get in their way nohow -- the calf was only 4.5 or so feet at the shoulders, Mom was fooking huge or at least seemed that way in the early morning light.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 07:43:10 pm by wdg3rd »

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

KBCraig on July 12, 2010, 01:37:02 am

Minarchist wimps.  Like the folks down in Merrimac County who fled Massachusetts but want their new home to be just like their last.

Actually, I suspect those threads were instigated by those spreading FUD because they have a different agenda. I won't bother speculating whether they work for someone else, because I care about their actions, not their motives. And their actions are quite apparent: they want to sow seeds of dissent, yet they apparently don't understand just how much healthy dissent already exists.

wdg3rd on July 13, 2010, 05:00:19 am

Actually, I suspect those threads were instigated by those spreading FUD because they have a different agenda. I won't bother speculating whether they work for someone else, because I care about their actions, not their motives. And their actions are quite apparent: they want to sow seeds of dissent, yet they apparently don't understand just how much healthy dissent already exists.

Jeez I cry, you're talking about virgins who haven't met Lloyd, Dave or Russ yet?  Or any of the actual extremists?

KBCraig on July 14, 2010, 04:11:18 am

Jeez I cry, you're talking about virgins who haven't met Lloyd, Dave or Russ yet?  Or any of the actual extremists?

Heh. If they'd met Ward D. Griffiths, chilero extraordinaire, I don't think they would still be virgins.

Azure Priest on July 14, 2010, 07:20:31 am

Heh. If they'd met Ward D. Griffiths, chilero extraordinaire, I don't think they would still be virgins.

Burn, baby, burn?

MacFall on July 14, 2010, 11:36:54 am
This conversation makes me sad that I missed PorcFest. Again.
Government is not, as is often believed, a "necessary evil". Rather, it is a plain evil of such power that it has been able to convince people of its necessity.