Zen Redneck on October 16, 2006, 03:40:53 pm
Good point! It's even more dangerous to invade than a redneck bar! Switzerland with chili.

Redem on October 16, 2006, 04:38:02 pm
Well the reason nobody invade Switzerland is because nobody have interest in invading it

Zen Redneck on October 17, 2006, 10:36:02 am
The consensus is that the Swiss militia has been so tough that it hasn't been worth invading in the sense that it would cost more to conquer than you'd gain from it.  They did manage to avoid two world wars while being surrounded by combatants.

Redem on October 17, 2006, 11:36:54 am
Well considering the front of both War it would have been a rather pointless exercise. Beside unless you take the all the dirty money store in swiss bank you can't really hope anything interesting.

Beside you can't test an army force just deducing it's stenght, not because someone have a gun it make them an expert markman

wdg3rd on October 17, 2006, 11:43:45 am
Good point!  It's even more dangerous to invade than a redneck bar!  Switzerland with chili.
Well, technically, I consider a requirement to get permission from the government not to carry a firearm just as abhorent as needing to get permission to carry (and I'm in New Jersey, so you know I have a lot to bitch about).

Hopefully within a year or so I will be opening my restaurant up in New Hampshire, carrying whatever I want, and cooking (and selling) lots of chili.  With a 10% discount to anybody (even a cop) carrying a firearm.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

Zen Redneck on October 17, 2006, 12:12:02 pm
Dave Holle used to live in New Hampshire, but he said he had to leave because they put too much maple syrup in their chili.

BTW, anybody here able to speak authoritatively on the Swiss defense system?

wdg3rd on October 17, 2006, 02:43:09 pm
No maple syrup will be in my chili, though it may be at the condiment counter for them as likes it on their cornbread.

I am a bit of a purist on the subject.  No beans in my chili (except in the stuff for vegetarians) and no ground meat.  Beans are an accompiment, not an ingredient.

A number of folks from Texas (Michael Badnarik and Alan Weiss for instance) have eaten my chili and had no complaints.  The Smith family of Fort Collins CO seemed to enjoy it a few years back at the second Liberty Round Table conclave.

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

Redem on October 17, 2006, 03:05:49 pm
actually Chili can be made out of anything  ;D

Zen Redneck on October 17, 2006, 03:46:48 pm
None of us is that libertarian!

Jake B. on October 17, 2006, 04:36:10 pm
Taxes in the federated states of texas --> Chili

Huh.

Anyway, Maplesyrup in chili doesn't sound very good to me. Beans are all right IMO, but maplesyrup?
" Don't get mad, get sadistic." Cryptosporodium - 'Destroy All Humans!'- (?-?-1950s)

wdg3rd on October 18, 2006, 11:00:08 am
actually Chili can be made out of anything  ;D
So some say.  However, there are things that shouldn't be in chili.  Cinnamon comes to mind -- the Ohio perversion must be eradicated.  And I won't use tofu or TVP even when I make a product for vegetarians.

Zen Redneck on October 18, 2006, 11:15:42 am
You can see why I put H. Allen Smith:
http://www.bigheadpress.com/roswell?page=129
(on the left) in this story.  Here's the gospel:
http://www.chilicookoff.com/History/History_Started.asp

wdg3rd on October 18, 2006, 11:26:19 am

Zen Redneck on October 18, 2006, 03:16:34 pm
Ah, yes. I remember. But you can never mention H. Allen Smith too much.

Scott on October 22, 2006, 10:32:24 am
Can't claim expertise wrt the Swiss military, but here are a few things I do know:

1). Every able-bodied adult Swiss male keeps a battle rifle in his house (under lock and key, unfortunately), ready to use in extremis.

2). The Swiss have some really BIG guns set up at various strategic points in their entirely-mountainous country. When the Nazis came to power, the Swiss generals invited their German counterparts to visit for a demonstration. The Germans were reportedly very impressed.

3). It has been alleged that the Nazis stayed out of Switzerland because the banks there were holding stolen Nazi gold and cash. But if you think carefully about this, you'd realize that those same banks were holding a whole lot more gold and cash belonging to a great many others, and for that reason would have made a tempting target for the thieving Nazis.  War is basically about stealing, after all.

anything