SandySandfort on March 08, 2010, 02:09:03 pm
The resort being "divided into seven lands" brings back memories of another classic movie, about that resort where nothing can possibly go wr

I see Azure Priest assumed Jurassic Park, but I immediately thought of West World. I love the classics. 

quadibloc on March 08, 2010, 06:03:15 pm
I immediately thought of West World. I love the classics.
And apparently the same classics as I do, because that was the one I was thinking of.

I remember noticing in one of the sequels to Westworld that the programmers running the resort had, scrolling past on their screens, PDP-8 assembly-language code (with instructions like CLA CLL and TAD I PTR). With such underpowered brains, it's not hard to see why the robots didn't always behave properly.

SandySandfort on March 09, 2010, 09:31:30 am
I immediately thought of West World. I love the classics.
And apparently the same classics as I do, because that was the one I was thinking of.

I remember noticing in one of the sequels to Westworld that the programmers running the resort had, scrolling past on their screens, PDP-8 assembly-language code (with instructions like CLA CLL and TAD I PTR). With such underpowered brains, it's not hard to see why the robots didn't always behave properly.

Which reminds me of another case of "amusement parks gone wild." It was the "Itchy and Scratchy Land" episode of "The Simpsons," in which park robots ran amok. Since Homer had had previous run-ins with robots Marge, in exasperation said, "What is it with you and robots?"

DanC on March 10, 2010, 05:59:52 am
I've been thinking this strip reminded me of 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress' since the first day.
Another Classics lover here

Encign Pulver on March 10, 2010, 02:40:44 pm
I'm waiting for Major Tom or the Stone family to show up, myself how Hellen & th etrou[e could avoid the gimcracks of the souvineer shop is beyond me.  If a man (only E.E. was a chauvinist) with a gem on his wrist or someone with a lightsaber shows up I might leave to barf.  A Timbrini on the other hand could be interesting. 

OzzieWest on March 10, 2010, 05:13:31 pm
Greetings,

Today, the first officially noted (by me) nod to Mr Heinlein, aside from reminding the folks on Terra that we live at the bottom of a somewhat significant gravity well earlier on.   

Definite hints of TMiaHM

Really enjoying the story.

Victory!
Oz

SandySandfort on March 10, 2010, 10:13:58 pm
Really enjoying the story.

Thanks. That's what we like to hear.

Victory!

"Never give up, never surrender!

anything