UncleRice on September 20, 2012, 09:41:08 am
It's a game of whack-a-mole, folks.
I wonder if that could be monetized. Pay a quarter and whack a spammer. Automating the software permissions would be a challenge, but....
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

Sean Roach on May 29, 2013, 09:19:26 am
A new spam in Escape from Terra.
I think you can find it for yourself.  Just look for the cyrillic.

I can't read it, but it looks like an ad for shoes.

Sean Roach on May 29, 2013, 02:13:48 pm
Make that two, two different threads hijacked by what looks like a russian shoe salesman.  Two different accounts too.

Sean Roach on May 30, 2013, 12:24:35 am
Another, same forum.
Thread "meds".
spammer's ID is AAccosesmAlE

Sean Roach on May 31, 2013, 04:21:10 pm
Yet another, same forum.
Thread "Typo".
spammer's ID is AFutessew

customdesigned on June 01, 2013, 09:12:00 pm
Gun control is a popular topic.  So forum members are given "bullets" based on posts and karma.  They can "shoot" an abusive poster.  Two or more bullets removes the posters account.

Sean Roach on June 02, 2013, 03:49:16 pm
Two new ones.  "July 6th will come too soon", and "Real World: Red Planet"
Both for cell phone accessories.
Both by "AAssautstub",  who only has 2 posts to his? name.  The to just mentioned.

I don't suppose you can turn on captha for awhile?  Just captha for registration should stop it for now.

Sean Roach on June 02, 2013, 05:59:09 pm
And another, right on top of an existing one.
This one in "July 6th will come too soon", making two to prune from that one.
by "ASorpUnsoro", his? only post.

I've noticed that all these spam accounts start with a capital A, followed by another capital letter.  Do you think it's a flaw in a zombie spambot?

Also, they've been sticking to a single forum, thus far.

My first thought was SEO.
Maybe an addition to the robots.txt file to ignore EFT?

Oneil on June 04, 2013, 04:10:40 am
If your looking for commonalities in the last two incidents from this Russian Spammer, as guessed from the Cyrillic and the destination of ad hyperlinks. There is two that prove it IS the same spammer.

Spammer is currently going by name of "Jene4kaGatte" and more importantly is given credit and paid with code number "9RsNdhC8XI"
Both of these are displayed inside message in clear standard text.

First intro line translates to this same lame tirade..

"Hi, users of community forum.bigheadpress.com, about one month back user under anybody Jene4kaGatte has ...."

I have seen too much of this, as my wife seems to have a personal vendetta to troll the web and find every possible button to push and form to fill out until the family e-mail address is mail bombed into the stone age by spam.

Sean Roach on June 04, 2013, 08:54:36 am
You have ONE email address?  For the WHOLE family?

Oneil on June 04, 2013, 11:35:17 pm
You have ONE email address?  For the WHOLE family?

No way, it was intended just for her oversized family to send email back and forth too. but as I said she uses that ez to remember name on every web form and I am the lucky fool that get's to clean that mess out for her.

Sean Roach on April 09, 2014, 11:16:10 am
Time to necro a thread.

Religious spammer on The Hook.

http://forum.bigheadpress.com/index.php?topic=51.msg27862#msg27862

I didn't read it straight through, but it looks like the guys who stand around airports and sell flowers to me.

Frank B. on April 09, 2014, 12:29:06 pm
Time to necro a thread.

I didn't read it straight through, but it looks like the guys who stand around airports and sell flowers to me.

Thanks for the heads up. 

customdesigned on April 09, 2014, 01:13:05 pm
Time to necro a thread.

I looked at it.  It is Hari Krishna.  Is that what you meant?  It seems compatible with libertarian ideas (other than the spam).  Their answer to the question, "How can people become good?" is "Repeat the course until you pass."  (I.e. they are big on reincarnation.)

Sean Roach on April 11, 2014, 03:42:18 pm
Are sales for sewing machines in "Odysseus the Rebel\Are The Suitors Evil?", compatible with libertarian ideals?
The current last message there has a one-line rebuttal to the post above it, and a link to an on-line vendor of sewing machines.
How sewing machines relate to the character discussed is quite mysterious to me.

anything