dough560 on February 13, 2010, 01:15:44 pm
Libertarian, Democrat, Republican, etc.  evoke different things to each of us.  Trans National Progressives seem to hide in the Democrat and Republican Parties.  They call themselves Progressives and Liberal.  Names with pleasant meanings and identities.  They control the language we use in our discussion and use this language to shape perceptions.   >:(

I submit we need to take charge of the language.  Trans National Progressives is a mouth full.  Progressive sounds nice, but it is a lie.  I submit we refer to the  Trans National Progressives as TRANSPROGS  or TRANSY.  Doesn't sound so nice, does it.   :)

These people keep pushing the idea of big government, the nanny state and eventually a one world government.  One noticeably with out a bill of rights.    :(

Identify your target, and fire for effect.   :)

wdg3rd on February 13, 2010, 09:38:59 pm
Libertarian, Democrat, Republican, etc.  evoke different things to each of us.  Trans National Progressives seem to hide in the Democrat and Republican Parties.  They call themselves Progressives and Liberal.  Names with pleasant meanings and identities.  They control the language we use in our discussion and use this language to shape perceptions.   >:(

I submit we need to take charge of the language.  Trans National Progressives is a mouth full.  Progressive sounds nice, but it is a lie.  I submit we refer to the  Trans National Progressives as TRANSPROGS  or TRANSY.  Doesn't sound so nice, does it.   :)

These people keep pushing the idea of big government, the nanny state and eventually a one world government.  One noticeably with out a bill of rights.    :(
]/quote]

Identify your target, and fire for effect.   :)

Logged and loaded.  8)
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

Zilabus on February 14, 2010, 08:31:34 pm
I wouldn't like to go that far. Changing language based on political agenda is the realm of dictators, in my own opinion. If it's negative for a name to purposefully have a 'false pleasentness', it should be just as bad for a name to have a purposeful 'unpleasentness' in it as well.
Bring back the funk.

dough560 on February 15, 2010, 03:08:39 am
Trans National Progressives (TransProgs) currently DICTATE how people are perceived.   You allow them to do so with impunity?  It's not nice or polite to use an identification not selected by the TransProgs?  I submit their choice of identification, used to elicit favorable public response, is a deliberate lie.

We are involved in a war of ideas.  You allow your enemies to control how you shape and present yourself and your arguments?  How you attack and defend?  Make no mistake, they do anything to destroy you and your credibility.

A time to be nice.  A time to be polite.  There's also a time to call them as you see them.

The questions becomes;  What will you do?

terry_freeman on February 15, 2010, 11:06:37 pm
I think the neocon label has become popular and sticky enough that folks try to avoid that tag.

As for "Transprog", it's meaningless to me. If nobody knows what it means, it's of no use.

dough560 on February 16, 2010, 03:21:14 am
Everything starts somewhere.  Use or don't use, its up to you.  But ask yourself:  WHAT IF?

Neocon?  Neoconservative?  A new conservative?  Is that the same thing as a moderate?

wdg3rd on February 16, 2010, 11:03:08 pm
Everything starts somewhere.  Use or don't use, its up to you.  But ask yourself:  WHAT IF?

Neocon?  Neoconservative?  A new conservative?  Is that the same thing as a moderate?

Generally, it's the same as a dickhead.  Fits most of your translations.

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

dough560 on February 17, 2010, 02:50:25 am
Different Day, Same old stuff (being nice).  We recognize the problem, now we deal with it.  Just another day at the office, don't you know.

terry_freeman on February 17, 2010, 12:35:37 pm
A neocon believes that America has a divine mission to reshape the world into democratic polities, using as many bombs as needed, rinse and repeat.

Zilabus on February 17, 2010, 03:32:42 pm
Trans National Progressives (TransProgs) currently DICTATE how people are perceived.   You allow them to do so with impunity?  It's not nice or polite to use an identification not selected by the TransProgs?  I submit their choice of identification, used to elicit favorable public response, is a deliberate lie.

We are involved in a war of ideas.  You allow your enemies to control how you shape and present yourself and your arguments?  How you attack and defend?  Make no mistake, they do anything to destroy you and your credibility.

A time to be nice.  A time to be polite.  There's also a time to call them as you see them.

The questions becomes;  What will you do?

If you are aware of the fact they are 'controling' language so they benifit, then it ruins the whole point. You are aware of their scheme, and therefore it becomes obsolete. If disneyland started calling six-flags crapville, we'd be aware of what they where attempting, and therefore there would be no point. Because you are aware of the supposed language control (Which I highly doubt is happening anyways. When you come up with a name for something you support, you want it to be pleasent, there's not really a deeper underlying factor in my opinion. ) you are taking up, you're already winning. There's no reason to take another step, because it hasn't worked on you. Byt the same merit, trying to give someone a negative label is foolish and petty.

By your merit, supporters calling the movement for gay marrige "Support of gay rights" are diabolical spindoctors, and to set things straight someone who doesn't believe in gay rights should label it something offensive like "Fags try to get hitched". I'm taking it to an extreme here, but hopefully you see my point.
Bring back the funk.

Sean Roach on February 17, 2010, 03:53:49 pm
Just a few quotes here.
"It's a jungle in there"
"Save the rainforests"
"That place is a swamp"
"Protect the wetlands"

It really is about shaping language, because language shapes thought.  It's also about derailing negative connotations by throwing off old labels that the connotations are attached to and donning new labels without all that baggage.

dough560 on February 18, 2010, 10:20:18 am
Thank you Sean Roach.  You obviously get it. 

Zilabus.  Yes I know their identification and ideas are a lie.  But many of the public do not.  By using their chosen identification, you place them on a moral high ground and limit your arguments.  For how may you disagree with someone who is "Progressive"?  Especially when you are a Right-Wing Extremest?

A case in point.  TransProgs say Gun Control when they mean Prohibition.  No guns for anyone not approved by them.  The only people they approve of is the Military, Police and their private security.  They Military and Police may only carry while on duty and the goal is to disarm the police.

TransProg ideas are dangerous and terms pejorative.  Examples:  Saturday Night Special, Cop Killer Bullets, Assault Weapons, Plastic Guns, to name a few.

TransProgs promote several myths.  1.  A person having a gun is in more danger than the person without one.  2.  Guns are worthless for defense.  3.  A person with a gun is fourteen times more likely to kill another or commit suicide.

The number of cases I investigated where a person having a gun for personal protection who probably would not have been injured, were too many to count.

The few studies on the issue, demonstrate a person armed with a gun is less likely to be injured when attacked, than those who immediately surrender to their attacker(s).  And yes the attackers tend to travel in packs.  One reason I carry a high capacity .45 and various backups.  I've seen the results and not me or mine if I can help it.  As for myth number three;  if a gun makes a person fourteen times more likely to be violent or suicide, then by that logic each gun you own increases that likelihood by fourteen percent.  I passed the 100 percent point twenty-five years ago.  As did a lot of my acquaintances.  None of us committed violent crimes or suicided.  Nationally, less than one tenth of one percent of the private guns in this country, are used in the commission of a crime each year.  The majority of these crimes were committed by a professional criminal class.  A subculture of our society.

TransProgs intend to make you the eternal victim.  Dependent on a government for everything.  Including being told what to think.

Rocketman on February 18, 2010, 10:37:02 am
In other words turning people into sheeple.  Which IMHO is why Joe Sixpack up till just recently didn't give a rat's butt that the government was racking up multi-trillion dollar debts that will never be paid back (sorry about that China) stripping the citizen of his or her constitutional rights or getting us involved with wars all over the world that we had no business being in.  Some of us who weren't totally brain dead saw this coming a long long time ago and tried to warn people but did they figure it out......NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO.   >:(

NeitherRuleNorBeRuled on February 19, 2010, 04:33:08 pm
Zilabus.  Yes I know their identification and ideas are a lie.  But many of the public do not.  By using their chosen identification, you place them on a moral high ground and limit your arguments.  For how may you disagree with someone who is "Progressive"?  Especially when you are a Right-Wing Extremest?

I disagree.  Using their "chosen identification" is to retain the high ground, rather than give it up .  It is using rhetoric rather than logic; a tactic that both those who are correct and those in error can use with equal facility.

I would no more adopt "TransProg" than I would sanction the appellation "teabagger".  The use of either demeans the speaker/writer.

wdg3rd on February 20, 2010, 07:22:53 am

I disagree.  Using their "chosen identification" is to retain the high ground, rather than give it up .  It is using rhetoric rather than logic; a tactic that both those who are correct and those in error can use with equal facility.

I would no more adopt "TransProg" than I would sanction the appellation "teabagger".  The use of either demeans the speaker/writer.

Two of my nephews are still in southwest Asia (and still alive after three or four tours each [they're in the Army and USAF "reserves"]).  What is the difference between "left" and "right" leadership?  I see none.  The TSA would still shove its fist up my ass if I was desperate enough to attempt to fly anywhere.

I have the moral high ground (I'm an individual, not a member of a group).  So any group with a "leader" sees me as unclaimed livestock,  And of course if I defend myself against the bunch who tries to rustle me, I must be a rogue member of the other herd.

I was born with the high ground, so to hell with weird neologisms.  I call all of the bastards "statists", whether on the left or the right (and looking at them in a mirror, there's not enough difference to matter).  Somebody tell me what a TransProg or a Teabagger is in some dialect of american english.

anything