do you think the person doing all this is going to be shot?

Yes
1 (10%)
No
4 (40%)
Hanged
2 (20%)
Death by Rectal Probe
2 (20%)
Luna is Death Star now
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

evil713 on January 15, 2010, 04:11:43 am
a hotel. at least i was right about it being an advratising stunt.

andi did call monolith.

SandySandfort on January 15, 2010, 07:44:45 am
a hotel. at least i was right about it being an advratising stunt.

andi did call monolith.

Hotel? Read the strip again. Okay, you did get the advertising and a half credit for the monolith.

dough560 on January 16, 2010, 12:54:25 am
Sandy, you just made me feel my age, I remember watching that performance or one very like it, on TV as a kid.

Until technology catches up to our questions, our children, recordings and writings are our immortality.

You've got a lot to be proud of.

SandySandfort on January 16, 2010, 08:31:01 am
Sandy, you just made me feel my age, I remember watching that performance or one very like it, on TV as a kid.

Yeah, I saw Elvis' first appearance of the El Sullivan show. Beatles too.

Until technology catches up to our questions, our children, recordings and writings are our immortality.

I'm with Wood Allen on this one, "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying."

You've got a lot to be proud of.

Thank you, sir. I hope that will come to include many aspects of my life. Chaos know, I'm working on it.

dough560 on February 16, 2010, 04:43:08 am
We all are.  I suspect the people we associate with and care about are those who make a difference.  I don't know too many people who will gladly suffer a fool or parasite.

wdg3rd on February 17, 2010, 12:10:29 am
We all are.  I suspect the people we associate with and care about are those who make a difference.  I don't know too many people who will gladly suffer a fool or parasite.

You're lucky.  La Esposa and I are damned near the only folks of voting age in this New Jersey town who aren't registered democrats (in fact ,we've got to explicitly unregister as republicans -- a side-effect of grabbing the R ticket a while back to vote for Ron Paul in the presidential primary).

Folks in this town gladly enjoy fools and parasites and fill the town hall (and police HQ and the high school faculty lounge) with them.  Don't be surprised, we're less than ten miles as the pigeon craps from where the World Trade Center was (over twenty miles as the rat crawls, as the rat has to use the tunnels and bridges).  (Kearny New Jersey -- pronounced Carny but not near as much entertainment).  (Town named after Union General Philip Kearny, nephew of Colonel Stephen Kearny who conquered the Republic of California and sucked it into the United States).
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

dough560 on February 17, 2010, 02:10:31 am
Not luck.  I didn't say I don't have to deal with fools and parasites.  I just treat everyone with as much courtesy, kindness, and simple respect as I can.  It saves a lot of trouble and costs nothing.  I simply won't waste what little free time I have, hanging out with them.   A friend commented recently, "We've reached the age where life starts taking things away from us, instead of giving".  He's right.

There are too many interesting and creative people.  People who make a positive difference in most of the people they come in contact with.   These are the people I try to surround myself with.  People  I talk with over a cup of coffee, a meal or an adult beverage. 

I used to drive for Decker Transportation out of Riverdale, NJ.  I didn't understand a lot of the people I met in Jersey....  Most of them left me with the impression, they would have been regular customers in my first career.  Others would have been perfect for fertilizer or hog food.  Unfortunately we're a "Civilized" society and such pest control is frowned upon.

It's great you know the history and origins of your town.

I grew up North of Delaware, Ohio, on Buttermilk Hill Road.  My grandfather was the C&O Line Foreman, whose crew maintained that stretch of the the C&O Tracks.  He told me the lady who originally lived in our house, made and sold buttermilk to the train and trolley passengers at the road crossing.  Back in the day, the C&O Railroad ran and still runs North out of Columbus.  A trolley line centered on Delaware, paralleled the railroad tracks from Delaware to Radnor and then Prospect..  The freight and [passenger trains and the trolleys would stop at the road crossing and the lady would sell her buttermilk.   The railroad and trolley maps marked the crossing as Buttermilk Hill Stop, due to a hill to the east of the tracks and of course the fresh buttermilk.  When the county got around to naming the roads, one of the naming sources were the rail and trolley maps.  Buttermilk Hill Stop became Buttermilk Hill Road.