Who made the artifact?

Actual alien beings
1 (5.6%)
The UW
2 (11.1%)
A practical joker
9 (50%)
Someone with a nefarious plan (not the UW)
6 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

quadibloc on January 26, 2010, 11:53:34 pm
Wealthy? Reggie would say he is "comfortable." He certainly does not have the kind of money it would take to finance an amusement park or to convert three asteroids to statues. Hmm, what the heck is going on here?

Well, he could just be working for whoever Arana Awatere is working for (or for Mr. Awatere himself, for that matter)... and that could still be Tobi, although not necessarily. Or, on the other hand, Guy could be doing a great job as Reggie's accountant, and one good investment has led to another - so, if it weren't for your explicit comment, I wouldn't eliminate the possibility that he might be richer now than he was at the beginning of the story. (Actually, he probably is, just not quite so considerably so.)

GeoModder on February 05, 2010, 03:27:35 am
Ah... so Toby is involved after all!

quadibloc on February 05, 2010, 04:13:50 am
Indeed, but Mr. Awatere is revealed as his partner, not his employee... with a fascinating backstory. And, soon enough, we will be following Tobi's recent visitors to Mars, I would think, but perhaps not...

Rocketman on February 05, 2010, 10:16:40 am
I remember thinking that Tobi NOT being involved in this would be an unusual twist to the story.

anything