SandySandfort on November 30, 2009, 01:09:18 pm
Wikipedia has an article called Ceres in fiction. You can see a list of literary fiction that makes reference to our beloved world, Ceres:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceres_in_fiction#Literature

Hmmm, something seems to be missing...

Now we can't add EFT because we are "family" members. However any of you who are so inclined can edit the entry and correct this shameful oversight...

Thanks in advance from the EFT team.   ;D

besommer on November 30, 2009, 02:24:17 pm
The only novel by L. Neil Smith that is included is "The Venus Belt". Shouldn't "Forge of the Elders" and "Ceres" also be included?

SandySandfort on November 30, 2009, 05:14:51 pm
The only novel by L. Neil Smith that is included is "The Venus Belt". Shouldn't "Forge of the Elders" and "Ceres" also be included?

Sure, but let's get our priorities straight. EFT could always use the exposure.   ;)

Insane on December 01, 2009, 06:28:07 am
Wikipedia could probably use an EFT article as well.

quadibloc on December 01, 2009, 08:25:21 am
Sure, but let's get our priorities straight. EFT could always use the exposure. 

True. But adding "Ceres" by L. Neil Smith and then noting, in passing, that it's being adapted to the webcomic format in Escape from Terra gives better plausible deniability on the spam charge.

SandySandfort on December 02, 2009, 08:25:55 pm
Wikipedia could probably use an EFT article as well.

Maybe you are not as Insane as you claim...  :P

SandySandfort on December 02, 2009, 08:31:37 pm
Sure, but let's get our priorities straight. EFT could always use the exposure. 

True. But adding "Ceres" by L. Neil Smith and then noting, in passing, that it's being adapted to the webcomic format in Escape from Terra gives better plausible deniability on the spam charge.

No, no, NO! EFT and Neil's CERES are in no way connected. Neil and I know each other and have a lot of overlap in our world-views, but our stories exist in very different universes.

quadibloc on December 04, 2009, 07:51:32 am
No, no, NO! EFT and Neil's CERES are in no way connected. Neil and I know each other and have a lot of overlap in our world-views, but our stories exist in very different universes.

Ah. I don't know where I thought I read otherwise - with the caveat that a few things had been changed and added as EFT went along. I guess then I can read Ceres without worrying about spoilers...

SandySandfort on December 04, 2009, 10:26:00 am
Ah. I don't know where I thought I read otherwise - with the caveat that a few things had been changed and added as EFT went along. I guess then I can read Ceres without worrying about spoilers...

Do read Ceres. It is an excellent novel. I got to read the first draft quite some time ago and really enjoyed it. I think Ceres and EFT have substantially different "tones," but both are enjoyable in their own way. The Universe is a big place, with plenty of room for all sorts of stories.

anything