Corydon on April 10, 2009, 06:13:56 am
To think, two famous seafarers in the same port!

I most definitely LOL'd.

Sean Roach on April 10, 2009, 08:39:40 am
I caught it too.  Well, Scott Bieser was involved in both it and Roswell, TX,http://www.bigheadpress.com/roswell?page=119.  Was it your idea, Mr. Bieser?

DojiStar on April 10, 2009, 08:41:04 am
The Carthaginian Popeye was hilarious.  I don't think he would eat spinach, though, because I don't think it spread to North Africa until the Muslim conquest.  Must have eaten some other ancient green.

wdg3rd on April 12, 2009, 01:40:06 pm
The Carthaginian Popeye was hilarious.  I don't think he would eat spinach, though, because I don't think it spread to North Africa until the Muslim conquest.  Must have eaten some other ancient green.

16th century.  About the same time (but from a different direction) that tomatoes, potatoes, turkeys, maize and chiles reached Europe.  (Chocolate was later that century and didn't get mixed with sugar for at least 150 years after that)).

I'll admit I prefer the original Aztec recipe for Xioclotl.  Chocalate and chile extract mixed with water and boiled. (i use unsweetened chocolate and chipotle powder usually) I lost my sweet tooth over thirty years ago.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

KBCraig on April 13, 2009, 02:07:42 am
4/13, first panel: is that El Neil passing in the background?

Scott on April 13, 2009, 03:23:15 pm
KB: no, that's not Neil. Just some guy with a small beard.

I'm an old Popeye fan from way back, and try to put a cameo of him in all my books as appropriate.

SDGrant on May 11, 2009, 07:39:52 pm

Technically, that would be moly he's eating.  Of the non-holy sort.

- Grant