SandySandfort on March 21, 2009, 08:22:08 am
By the way?  So far so good on the interesting, engaging prose in the comics  ;D  Yes, I'm the choir when it comes to the subject matter.  But sometimes even that part feels good, knowing that this lonely choirboy has somebody to sing in harmony with.

Glad to hear it. We aim to please.

KBCraig on March 23, 2009, 01:07:58 am
Hah, I never read that Asimov.  Though he did one of the best jobs I've ever seen at explaining organic chemistry in a relatively straightforward, reasonably accurate, and engaging enough to keep you reading way that I've ever seen.  Look up his World of Carbon series of educational books.  I first read it when I was I think younger than ten.  And I actually understood most of what I was reading.  I'm smart, but to get even a bright under-ten-year-old to understand how organic chemistry works?  And keep him reading for long enough to absorb it?  You have to be damned good at the explanation.  I think it took at least nine years before my education caught up with the chemistry I learned reading those.

Thanks for the reference. As a home-schooling dad with a very bright six year old, I will definitely have to check it out.

quadibloc on May 02, 2009, 10:27:25 pm
Whether Stalin or Proxmire is on the face of the bill, mox nix..

Yes, since Nix counters spells with no mana cost at a mana cost of U of its own, it's a very effective weapon against a Mox.