deadasdisco on March 12, 2009, 03:25:10 pm
(How about THAT for some ideology!)   ;)

Oy.  I regret bringing it up already...

At any rate, not that I'm looking for spoilers, but the phrase "prose version" intrigues me.  Is it published somewhere?  (the intent being to catch the stuff, like what was mentioned above, that wouldn't make the translation from one medium to another, like picking up the book after seeing the movie...)

SandySandfort on March 12, 2009, 05:54:21 pm
At any rate, not that I'm looking for spoilers, but the phrase "prose version" intrigues me.  Is it published somewhere?  (the intent being to catch the stuff, like what was mentioned above, that wouldn't make the translation from one medium to another, like picking up the book after seeing the movie...)

WORLD CERES, the original story upon which EFT is based, was one of the winning entries in the 2007 Robert Heinlein Centennial Short Story contest. When Big Head Press announced that they were looking for a new story to serialize, I submitted WORLD CERES. Instead of a serialized story, they decided to making an ongoing series. When we have enough material in the bag, it will be published as a series of trade paperbacks as long as the series goes on. ("To infinity and beyond!"?)

In addition, I will publish collections of the short stories with another book company. The publisher wants the collections to total about 50,000 words each. If I get my fanny in gear, I should pass the first 50k sometime this month. For those interested in both versions, I am pretty sure that the book publisher and Big Head will agree to a cross-promotion.

Be advised, the stories in the strip are somewhat different than the prose stories. Scott, my most excellent script writer, has dropped some material that was not sufficiently visual (e.g., the "extinction-level event" issue) and added new material for visual, timing or other reasons (e.g., Billy Rose and the "gold coin" gag). Graphic and prose forms each have their own charms and requirements, just as is the case with books and movies. Some readers will prefer the graphic version, some the prose and the really smart, SF aficionados (and big spenders) will buy both. Then they will camp in line to see the premiere of the inevitable movie.  ::)

Monkt on March 13, 2009, 01:08:50 am

cyberbard on March 13, 2009, 08:00:48 am
Any plans to publish your work?

Yes, but I have no idea when.  More pressing RL concerns have been dominating my time of late.

wdg3rd on March 15, 2009, 07:56:28 am

Well, nukes cannot shoot down asteroids. They can break them up and makes things much worse. Also, asteroids wouldn't be coming from Ceres (as there are none there), but from a thousand different parts of the Belt. Deflect one? Sure, pretty easy. Deflect 10,000...?

Three is plenty,  One dinosaur killer at a time did the job for most of the ecosystem during several waves of extinction.

"Tinhorn" references the man and not the office. In addition, the Secretary General is a hack, a functionary. He's just the front man for the Powers that Be. In any case, government is the great lie that anyone rule over everyone. Governments can only do so with the consent of the victim, the policeman within. (How about THAT for some ideology!)   ;)

I've mentioned in a couple of places (on mailing lists, not discussion boards) that "the consent of the governed" (Jefferson) and "the sanction of the victim" (Rand) are semantically equivalent.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

anything