cyberbard on February 19, 2009, 03:04:32 pm
I like Guy's expression in the second panel: "You're pulling another joke on me, right?"

Reggie is, after all, trying to describe something that Guy has no real concept of.  Or rather, it's so far removed from Guy's experience that he doesn't have a frame of reference.  Then again, in his shoes, I might think the same thing.   Let the record say that I am enjoying this story, very much, but I do not consider myself a Libertarian.  Reggie will need to do a lot more explaining before I drop my skepticism screen.

SandySandfort on February 19, 2009, 04:59:05 pm
Let the record say that I am enjoying this story, very much...

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. And you have excellent taste.

... but I do not consider myself a Libertarian.  Reggie will need to do a lot more explaining before I drop my skepticism screen.

Reggie is a step beyond libertarian (small "L" please). He is an agorist, anarcho-libertarian, free-market anarchist, etc. But he (and we) don't have much of an ideological axe to grind. It's just how we see the world. Job Number One is to entertain and amuse you. The subliminal aura of libertarian anarchism, will just have to seduce you all by itself.  ::)

Rocketman on February 19, 2009, 09:59:09 pm
  Let the record say that I am enjoying this story, very much, but I do not consider myself a Libertarian.  Reggie will need to do a lot more explaining before I drop my skepticism screen.

A whole lot of people feel exactly the same way that you do Cyberbard.  Then they starting thinking about past experiences and observations and realize that they are libertarian and have been all along.  That's the way that it was with me anyway.  An old girlfriend gave me her copy of the Venus Belt, written by none other than El Neil and I started thinking about things and discovered that instead of a conservative republican that I was a Libertarian all along.

cyberbard on February 20, 2009, 08:05:27 am
[A whole lot of people feel exactly the same way that you do Cyberbard.  Then they starting thinking about past experiences and observations and realize that they are libertarian and have been all along.

Well, that remains to be seen.  For now, I'll keep reading.
:)

SandySandfort on February 20, 2009, 09:09:03 am
Well, that remains to be seen.  For now, I'll keep reading.
:)

I'll get you, my pretty! And I don't think I will even need the poppies or the flying monkeys. (Scott and Lee, how is "Project Soaring Simians" coming along?)

Scott on February 25, 2009, 06:40:07 pm
The thread has now drifted away from discussion of Escape From Terra and into general philosophy so I'm moving the posts which followed Sandy's above to Talk Among Yourselves.
http://forum.bigheadpress.com/index.php?topic=303.0

If you want to continue discussing "the Rules" as they apply to the story, please carry on.