Frank B. on November 05, 2008, 02:52:49 pm
Some of you may have noticed on the website, next to the art page for our stories, is a little box that says "Rank: XXX" where "XXX" is a number.  That number is the ranking of the story on TopWebComics.  TopWebComics collects votes from readers indicating they liked a particular online comic.  #1 is, well, #1.  As a still relatively young publisher, our stories have tended to rank in the low 200s. 

Our story La Muse was the first to break that barrier and make it into the top 200 and got as high as the 150s after a year of being online (our current story "Odysseus The Rebel" has also broke into the top 200).

Escape From Terra, broke the 150 mark today and made it into the 140s, after only about a month of being online.  People like us. They really like us!  As of this writing the ranking rose back up into the 150s.  The rankings can vary a bit during the day.

In any event, to all you fans of Escape From Terra, thank you for voting for our story.  And if you haven't been voting, please do, and improve our ranking to help make our story more visible and reach an ever larger audience.  You can vote once a day. So, if you don't already, please make a habit of clicking on that box every time you come to read the latest page.

Cheers!

Leviathan on November 05, 2008, 05:51:14 pm
Also, when I checked, there were only around 40-50 votes total.  So, it's bouncing around in pretty easy to affect numbers.  In other words, VOTE DANGIT!  It's the one place voting sorta almost kinda matters, heh.  Fourty more votes and it's in the top 100!

Frank B. on November 06, 2008, 11:43:33 pm
Also, when I checked, there were only around 40-50 votes total.  So, it's bouncing around in pretty easy to affect numbers.  In other words, VOTE DANGIT!  It's the one place voting sorta almost kinda matters, heh.  Fourty more votes and it's in the top 100!

Hence the request to vote early and vote often.  New readers may notice the number, and if they see it appears to be a high rank story, they are more likely to give the story a try, and increase the odds of becoming a new regular audience member.  It is not the only way we are getting the word out of course, but every little bit helps.

Leviathan on December 04, 2008, 09:43:36 am
Wow, you're pulling up to Anarchy in Your Head in the listing.  One more vote and you'll be tied.  Been moving up in the rankings, may end up in the top 100 before this all ends.

Careful, though.  I think Dale Everett is armed  ;D

SandySandfort on December 04, 2008, 02:04:18 pm
Wow, you're pulling up to Anarchy in Your Head in the listing.  One more vote and you'll be tied.  Been moving up in the rankings, may end up in the top 100 before this all ends.

Careful, though.  I think Dale Everett is armed  ;D
You think we're not?  8)

Frank B. on December 04, 2008, 02:52:03 pm

And yet, we do more pageviews per day than they do (according to Project Wonderful).  Clearly our readers aren't voting enough. Man, that feels weird to type.   :o

wdg3rd on December 04, 2008, 09:51:38 pm

And yet, we do more pageviews per day than they do (according to Project Wonderful).  Clearly our readers aren't voting enough. Man, that feels weird to type.   :o

AnarchyInYourHead is pretty much just the one person.  I don't recall seeing Dale packing when La Esposa and I shared a tent site with him at the Porcupine Freedom Festival this past June.  Hell of a nice guy.  I wasn't packing either, since when the drive starts in New Jersey and passes through Massachusetts, it can be an unpleasant thing to be found in possession of a firearm.

Thanks for reminding me about this.  I've put a sticky note on the edge of my (primitive 1600x1200 21" power-sucking CRT) monitor to remind myself.  You know, where most people keep their passwords (if you don't see it there, because of a crackdown in workplace security, look under the keyboard).  (Passwords, I can remember, at least my own -- I have to write down other people's if I want to [ab]use them again -- not that I ever have or would).  :evil:

Frank, you need a bigger smiley library.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 09:53:27 pm by wdg3rd »
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

wdg3rd on January 01, 2009, 09:16:56 am
Noticing lately that EfT is sitting in the low 60s (62 on the vote button with the comic, 60 on the list I finally looked at for the first time).
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

Frank B. on January 02, 2009, 01:07:08 pm
Noticing lately that EfT is sitting in the low 60s (62 on the vote button with the comic, 60 on the list I finally looked at for the first time).

Not unusual for the first day of the month, though still positive.  Still in the top 100 as of the 2nd day, which is definite improvement.  Keep on voting and thanks!

Leviathan on January 07, 2009, 12:28:59 am
Topwebcomics rank #95, as of the 6th.  Buzzcomics, rank #70.  Ye gads, man.  Comin' up in the world, don't trust nobody gotta look over yer shoulder constantly!  Be a rock superstar, live large, five houses, yer in charge!

Leviathan on January 28, 2009, 01:16:32 pm
Not to bump this up...  But what happened to the buzzcomics link?  I see no buzzcomics icon on the page anymore.

Frank B. on January 28, 2009, 10:31:35 pm
Not to bump this up...  But what happened to the buzzcomics link?  I see no buzzcomics icon on the page anymore.

Buzzcomix went dead again.  At the first of the month, their site went off the air for a few days.  I removed the buttons then, and restored them when I noticed they had come back.  So, far I've not been able to bring their site up.  After doing some research, it appears buzzcomix went dark for many months in 2005.  This may be a repeat.  When they come back, I'll put the buttons for them back.

If anyone hears anything about their fate, or notices they are back, please post here or email us about it.

Mike on February 14, 2009, 02:01:21 am

Hence the request to vote early and vote often.  New readers may notice the number, and if they see it appears to be a high rank story, they are more likely to give the story a try, and increase the odds of becoming a new regular audience member.  It is not the only way we are getting the word out of course, but every little bit helps.

I`m pretty new here, having found this site from Neil`s website a couple of weeks ago.
But it looks like several of your stories are doing pretty good in the voting. 3 are currently in the top 100 and another is close.

Rocketman on February 14, 2009, 08:09:26 pm
I have been voting for EFT and noticed that it's ranking is around #40 now.  Keep it up guy and gals it's working!  ;D

Mike on February 15, 2009, 01:57:35 am
I have been voting for EFT and noticed that it's ranking is around #40 now.  Keep it up guy and gals it's working!  ;D

It says you can vote once per 24 hours. But you can vote for 2 different ones per 24 hours.
The system allowed me to vote for Escape from Terra and Roswell before cutting me off.
So I guess it means you can only vote for the same one, once in 24 hours.

anything