etdbob on June 30, 2006, 04:39:27 pm
Col. Marrion Michael Morrison indeed!

John Wayne working for walt disney?
Looks like California is one weird place.
Stands to reason, I suppose.... :)

Frank B. on June 30, 2006, 09:13:56 pm
Col. Marrion Michael Morrison indeed!

John Wayne working for walt disney?
Looks like California is one weird place.
Stands to reason, I suppose.... :)
yeah, it's really not all that different from our California. ;-)

Jake B. on July 02, 2006, 10:38:21 pm
Ya, 'cept for the fact that its not controlled by the governator, but more of a hitler-ish kind of bat rastard. Not much of a diff, but at least the governator used to be cool...
" Don't get mad, get sadistic." Cryptosporodium - 'Destroy All Humans!'- (?-?-1950s)

Jen Zach on July 07, 2006, 06:05:28 am
Ya, 'cept for the fact that its not controlled by the governator, but more of a hitler-ish kind of bat rastard. Not much of a diff, but at least the governator used to be cool...

What do you mean, controlled by a sort of Hitler-ish rat bastard? The President of California is Walt Disney, not the Pink Panther Nazi.

Scott on July 07, 2006, 11:08:57 am
In today's upload it should be explained that the alliance with the Nazis is something the state assembly has imposed on Disney. He is President-For-Life but not a dictator.

Eventually Disney will do something that shows that he really doesn't like those bastards.

jselvy on October 12, 2006, 11:15:24 am
funny thing is, at the time Walt Disney was suspected of having Nazi sympathies

thanks
Jefferson

Scott on October 25, 2006, 07:17:19 pm
That was a smear the labor unions spread about him. Disney fought against unionization of his studios for as long as he could, and things got really nasty for a while.

Scott on October 25, 2006, 07:20:21 pm
Oh, by the way, for the record: John Wayne appears nowhere in our story.

The character referred to mistakenly as "John Wayne" is Marion Michael Morrison, known as "Mike" to his friends, and a career Marine officer. Never set foot on a sound stage except as a visitor.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Frankjc3rd on November 17, 2006, 01:06:06 pm

The character referred to mistakenly as "John Wayne" is Marion Michael Morrison, known as "Mike" to his friends, and a career Marine officer. Never set foot on a sound stage except as a visitor.

Oh, OK John Wayne is not in the story.  Got it. ;) ;)
Nothing is forever, but the internet comes close.
Anonymous
I know me, I've seen me do it.
Ron White

archy on August 23, 2007, 01:48:09 pm

The timing would have been about right for *Iron Mike* Morrison to have pulled the Marine Duty in Haiti circa 1919-20, along with such luminaries as Marine SMAJ Dan Daly [double Medal of Honor recipient] and 2nd Lt [later BGEN] H. H. Hanneken, another Marine recipient of the MOH for his Haitian exploits. And for an encore, there was the period in the 1920's [1921 and 1926] during which armed robberies of US Mail resulted in the use of Marines as Mail Guards, primarily on Railway Post Offices thought to be *easy* targets before the Marines were so stationed. And the 1930's was the heyday of the *China Marines* in Singapore, so Mike's career could easily have been colourful and interestingl, indeed...and the reference to his speaking Spanish at home with his Mexican wives offers a hint that he could have been involved in the Nicaraguan *Bananna Wars* too....     

Those Marines back then were a serious bunch, indeed....

Ah'm just a lowly salesman for the Deef Smith Greeting Card Company....

wdg3rd on August 23, 2007, 02:44:44 pm

The timing would have been about right for *Iron Mike* Morrison to have pulled the Marine Duty in Haiti circa 1919-20, along with such luminaries as Marine SMAJ Dan Daly [double Medal of Honor recipient] and 2nd Lt [later BGEN] H. H. Hanneken, another Marine recipient of the MOH for his Haitian exploits. And for an encore, there was the period in the 1920's [1921 and 1926] during which armed robberies of US Mail resulted in the use of Marines as Mail Guards, primarily on Railway Post Offices thought to be *easy* targets before the Marines were so stationed. And the 1930's was the heyday of the *China Marines* in Singapore, so Mike's career could easily have been colourful and interestingl, indeed...and the reference to his speaking Spanish at home with his Mexican wives offers a hint that he could have been involved in the Nicaraguan *Bananna Wars* too....     

Marion Morrison was born May 26, 1907 in our universe (six weeks before Robert Heinlein).  Woulda been a bit too young for much military duty until the mid 1920s.

I drew my first breath on Morrison's 48th birthday.
Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd@aol.com

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  --  Denis Diderot

Rocketman on August 23, 2007, 10:53:44 pm
Guys, I've been told by someone who should know that Smedley Butler was the only two time MOH winner in history.  Are you sure about this Dan Daly?   ;D

Zen Redneck on August 23, 2007, 11:17:41 pm
Coincidentally, Smedley Butler was President of Texas from 1934 to 1943.

doc on August 24, 2007, 04:53:06 pm
Yep, Dan Daly won it twice, as did Smedley Butler.  During the War of 1861-65 there were a number of double MOH awards, the most well known being Tom Custer, George's brother.  BTW, Ol' Smedley wrote a book after his retirement entitled "War is a Racket" condemning the USA's interventionist policies.
I trust he was a good president of Texas.

Zen Redneck on August 24, 2007, 06:10:39 pm
Yep.  He helped keep Texas out of WWII.

anything