freeagentc on June 27, 2006, 09:56:48 pm
Just for kicks and out of curiosity, I typed up the name "Lincoln Perry" on the Wikipedia website and learned that he was an actor who used the stage name Stepin Fetchit. I wasn't expecting to get anything out of that search, but it's always good to learn something new. I like how in the comic he uses his overlooked waiter persona to his advantage as a spy for the Deaf Smith Greeting Card Company.

BTW, I love the way you guys had the booth picture change while Ness and Lawrence are talking about the history of Texas and the U.S. Was that first picture shown (on page 76) a picture of Josephine Baker? Thanks and keep up the great work. Looking forward to seeing more this Friday!

Zen Redneck on June 28, 2006, 09:59:39 am
Keep your Wikipedia handy, and, when that doesn't work, just Google.  Lots more unexpected people coming up.

Jen Zach on June 30, 2006, 04:07:20 am
BTW, I love the way you guys had the booth picture change while Ness and Lawrence are talking about the history of Texas and the U.S. Was that first picture shown (on page 76) a picture of Josephine Baker? Thanks and keep up the great work. Looking forward to seeing more this Friday!

The first picture was Mata Hari! Rather pleased with how those pages turned out. And this week's, too. Actually, from this point on I think the coloring is finally starting to look good. Or at least not bad for a first timer.

Jake B. on July 02, 2006, 10:41:23 pm
yep, Bighead likes to keep you on your toes! For another exmple of having to look stuff up, look at the John Wayne thread. And I love wiki also! ALL HAIL THE PEDIA OF WIKI!!!! BOW DOWN!!!
" Don't get mad, get sadistic." Cryptosporodium - 'Destroy All Humans!'- (?-?-1950s)

Scott on July 07, 2006, 11:56:45 am
Wikipedia is very cool but can be problematic wrt controversial topics.  Look up "anarchy" some time.

Yes, the girl is Mata Hari, referenced from one of her known photographs.

And I agree that Jen's coloring is starting to really cook. The look isn't anything like "industry-standard" but it fits the story very well and helps create the "feel" we've been hoping to achieve.

Jen Zach on July 07, 2006, 09:06:56 pm
Yeah, Wiki isn't the best official source- I'm not even sure I'd use it as a source for a college paper. Maybe as a starting off point, but it's more error-prone than certain other sources since basically anyone can make an entry.

Jake B. on July 11, 2006, 12:45:39 am
Yeah, Wiki isn't the best official source- I'm not even sure I'd use it as a source for a college paper. Maybe as a starting off point, but it's more error-prone than certain other sources since basically anyone can make an entry.

Ya, thats true, but the beauty of it is that more people fix it over time, and eventually its worked out all the kinks ands its perfect!(well, almost.)
I have looked up anarchy before on it, just to see what they had to say about it,  and ya, its confused ;D. That one could use some work.
" Don't get mad, get sadistic." Cryptosporodium - 'Destroy All Humans!'- (?-?-1950s)