Skull the Troll on September 27, 2020, 09:34:06 pm
Diana would know the she already works for Sergio. This is a very old backup or a flat out imposter.

lurkergao on September 29, 2020, 01:06:57 am
Oh did alyss just catch her then way to spot that! Good job! Somebody asked how would rpld get a hold of her dna. Two ways to do so really. They could recover the real diana's corpse first. Or they could contact zytemonde alyss civ city ai posing as diana using her backup cube and request her medical history from her servers. Alternatively if their original gameplan was to replace diana with a double agent when they kidnapped her. They already extracted the dna. If they didnt have any of that they probably could have gotten a sample by trailing her and stealing the glass she was drinking from during a normalnight she went clubbing.

Apollo-Soyuz on September 29, 2020, 09:25:48 am
Diana would know the she already works for Sergio. This is a very old backup or a flat out imposter.

Did I miss that part of the story? Or are you referring to page=1986 panel 4? Yes they worked together but I don't think she was ever an employee of "Cooper's Troopers"

Somebody asked how would rpld get a hold of her dna.

They kidnapped her and held her hostage in a pocket universe.  page=1969

Skull the Troll on September 29, 2020, 11:23:52 am

Did I miss that part of the story? Or are you referring to page=1986 panel 4? Yes they worked together but I don't think she was ever an employee of "Cooper's Troopers"

Somebody asked how would rpld get a hold of her dna.

They kidnapped her and held her hostage in a pocket universe.  page=1969

That is what I was referring to. Its the same thing she usually did for Juan, root around in the reeds and find information. Its her basic type of employment.  He was also instrumental in keeping her from getting nabbed by S&H. There's too much history there for her to have no reaction to the name.

JanessaVR on December 01, 2020, 01:58:22 am
As of Monday's comic, I'd say this is an edited copy of Diana.  Someone's watching through her eyes, or will re-capture her later and dump her memories for later analysis.
Madness takes its toll - please have exact change.

Apollo-Soyuz on December 01, 2020, 09:44:24 am
When this was being discussed 2-3 months prior, I guessed that since she was cloned and restored from a stolen backup, and whoever was responsible (probably RPLD. but never proven) might have bugged/backdoored her implant when it was installed in the unauthorized clone.   

my theory, updated:

<snip>

lee n. field on December 04, 2020, 08:51:40 am
I wonder, is there any way to tell by examination if a given individual is a fresh copy vs an older one? 

Accumulated scars and the like wouldn't be there on a copy, but there may not be such with 31th century medicine.  Is tattooing a fashion then and there?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 09:00:22 am by lee n. field »

B-Sabre on December 04, 2020, 09:19:43 am
I wonder, is there any way to tell by examination if a given individual is a fresh copy vs an older one? 

Accumulated scars and the like wouldn't be there on a copy, but there may not be such with 31th century medicine.  Is tattooing a fashion then and there?

I may be misunderstanding the science, but every person has a string of “junk” molecules at the end of their DNA called telomeres. Every time a cell divides, the telomeres get shorter. A clone from Diana’s original cells would have shorter telomeres than the original, unless they have the technology to repair them back to standard.

Apollo-Soyuz on December 04, 2020, 09:36:42 am
I'm sure that's basic life extension technology 101, but examination may still prove insightful, especially if it points to something routine being done to someone's DNA before growing a clone. Good idea.

It may be circumstantial evidence useful to convince Diana. (That's where I think we are, in-strip)

As far she can recall. she's the original. It would be a stunning revelation if she walked into 4 random Medicos and all 4 did a simple scan and told her that her body had a rejuve or was grown from DNA less than a year 10 cycles prior.

A clone from Diana’s original cells would have shorter telomeres than the original, unless they have the technology to repair them back to standard.

Sean Roach on December 07, 2020, 06:01:08 pm
Isotope analysis of some of those tissues with the slowest atomic exchange. It's how we trace gemstone origins now, as I understand, and it's also how Seamus and Murphy traced the origin of that RKV. Don't see why you couldn't do something similar with humans, provided you chose the right tissues.

Apollo-Soyuz on December 23, 2020, 12:04:07 pm

I may be misunderstanding the science, but every person has a string of “junk” molecules at the end of their DNA called telomeres....

<snip>

I've been turning this over in my head for a while.

Sergio Cooper thinks that X-clone-Diana (page=2183 panel 2) believes she is the original, unmodified Diana.

Sergio Cooper further goes on to explain (in panel 3, although I think it might be worded better if my theory is true) that they can't use X-clone-Diana's "gaps in her memories" to prove she's unauthorized to a court of law because the broken 'plant is a plausible scenario.

However, while they think she's unknowingly compromised, I think Sergio still thinks she can be convinced that she's an unauthorized copy by one way or another.

While telomeres would make great evidence, from the Court case with RPLD she probably had to have testified that her arm was broken at least once by the S&H agent. It would be an easy medical scan to prove that no trace of a break exists in her current body.

I think the best way to convince Diana that she's an unauthorized clone is not to try to hypnotically suggest  her with the truth. (page=2180)

Instead, through her normal duties and assigned research, get her ADHD brain deeply wrapped up in the Redes and have her stumble upon the evidence of the truth by herself. 

Apollo-Soyuz on March 01, 2021, 10:57:56 am
Obvious mysterious patient is obvious (page=2208)

Oh, this should shake up the Oz's legal system a bit.

I imagine our Diana doesn't own "X-clone" Diana's body parts for potential transplant because she's an individual that was "quickened" (in Scott-speak), doesn't own any income X-clone-Diana has earned since she "returned" to Oz, but does get control of her accounts back, with a debt claim against anything "X-clone" Diana has spent, but probably not any punitive damages. (It's not "X-clone" Diana's fault that she exists and was used as a spying tool, but she of course she still has human rights)

Doctor Daskalov has an awful bedside manner, (although the conversation is obviously intended for our benefit.)

I hope that Jerome does an exposé that "proves" that because these patients exist, a socialized medicine system would be an "improvement."

Edit: quotes around "returned", because of course she's an unauthorized clone.

Edit: Scott from 2011 about clones:

<snip>

... L-5 City common-law has it that if a back-up personality is not "quickened" until after the demise of the original, then the back-up is the same person in terms of property rights.

This matter will be explored at greater length further into the story.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 02:41:55 pm by Apollo-Soyuz »

Apollo-Soyuz on March 01, 2021, 03:17:42 pm
page=2208

I'm trying to think of what Otto could see to catch a clue besides a general size and shape. That assumes that Otto has no idea the other Diana he ran into is an unauthorized clone. 

Diana had no known tattoos, not that they would likely be visible. If there's some sort of medical body scan, Otto might see evidence of the broken arm. He was there for that, knows about the second break and second splice too.

Diana might come out of a coma/sleep and send Otto a thought-send. I doubt Otto blocked Diana even if the reverse is true.

Seeing what happened to the inside of Monty, It's doubtful that Diana has any asymmetrical hair left, despite what the non-canon script suggests.