Apollo-Soyuz on December 23, 2020, 11:43:54 am
Guesses, please.

Not my official guess, because it's too far out there and something totally unexpected from Scott:

In light of the revelation on page=2184, Murphy is about to do some wetwork.

Unauthorized-Clone-Diana will have an "accident", potentially murdering her for good, seeing as the only known valid backup is still inaccessible wreckage of Monty.

If that backup is corrupt, RPLD could potentially just grow another clone. (I don't have the page # to cite, but I think Scott said growing a new biological clone takes several years.) but she would be out-of-play for a while.

While characters in the Vibe-verse have flaws, I think this scenario is unlikely. Murphy wouldn't go for it on the ethics, at least not at this juncture. Plus the statement that she is likely to be scanned wouldn't make sense, as an assassin usually has a range of choices for the premeditated attack to occur and  "X-Clone-Diana" isn't especially well protected by something like bodyguards.

Nope I'm pretty sure Murphy's mission is something entirely different, but I'll have to reconsider or muddle in more clues from Scott from future strips before I make a serious guess.   

DrakBibliophile on December 23, 2020, 06:57:10 pm
See: https://quantumvibe.com/strip?page=2176

Hugo says "Tell him if he gets a secretary, the Pillars must as well."

Murphy is going to be the "secretary" in question.

My reading of that strip is that they are concerned that Mordy's "secretary" is more than he/she seems (possibly an assassin).

So Murphy going to play being a "secretary" but real job is to be the Pillars' "ace in the hole" in case of trouble.

Guesses, please.

Not my official guess, because it's too far out there and something totally unexpected from Scott:

In light of the revelation on page=2184, Murphy is about to do some wetwork.

Unauthorized-Clone-Diana will have an "accident", potentially murdering her for good, seeing as the only known valid backup is still inaccessible wreckage of Monty.

If that backup is corrupt, RPLD could potentially just grow another clone. (I don't have the page # to cite, but I think Scott said growing a new biological clone takes several years.) but she would be out-of-play for a while.

While characters in the Vibe-verse have flaws, I think this scenario is unlikely. Murphy wouldn't go for it on the ethics, at least not at this juncture. Plus the statement that she is likely to be scanned wouldn't make sense, as an assassin usually has a range of choices for the premeditated attack to occur and  "X-Clone-Diana" isn't especially well protected by something like bodyguards.

Nope I'm pretty sure Murphy's mission is something entirely different, but I'll have to reconsider or muddle in more clues from Scott from future strips before I make a serious guess.
Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

Apollo-Soyuz on January 02, 2021, 02:16:39 pm
That sounds like a great guess. She's the one who has the most experience in Berserker mode.

What do you think Hugo is doing with the projector that is built into the round table?

See: https://quantumvibe.com/strip?page=2176

Hugo says "Tell him if he gets a secretary, the Pillars must as well."

Murphy is going to be the "secretary" in question.

My reading of that strip is that they are concerned that Mordy's "secretary" is more than he/she seems (possibly an assassin).

So Murphy going to play being a "secretary" but real job is to be the Pillars' "ace in the hole" in case of trouble.

anything