DrakBibliophile on October 07, 2019, 01:12:20 pm
https://www.quantumvibe.com/strip?page=2007

Miller's not having much luck. :evil:
Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

lurkergao on October 07, 2019, 02:50:08 pm
Here's a mystery that was never resolved; why was Hayami storing a piece of top secret rpld military tech in an arts and craft club? Considering the time and resources such a device would probably require i cant imagine it was a weird idle hobby.

Apollo-Soyuz on October 08, 2019, 12:55:41 pm
https://www.quantumvibe.com/strip?page=1919

>Dominic: It uses holography to 'fake' two extra spatial dimensions.

>Diana: But this is holographic fakery. Is there a way someone can actually build something in six-dimensional spacetime?

So that leads me to think that there are no real tech secrets in the dollhouse, except of course for the hints about the existence of de Castries' dimensions displacer tech.

And of course as far as team RPLD claims, the portal technology is for the peaceful purposes of breaking the Oresme shield/Murphy Drive monopoly and is not in any way meant to bring Conehead shocktroops into the core of the city from another world or anything.

Here's a mystery that was never resolved; why was Hayami storing a piece of top secret rpld military tech in an arts and craft club? Considering the time and resources such a device would probably require i cant imagine it was a weird idle hobby.

DrakBibliophile on October 08, 2019, 01:24:48 pm
I suspect that the "dollhouse" was part of an insurance plan of Hayami that wasn't complete.

IE She planned to tell the Bad Guys that I know your secret and if something happens to me, it'll be released.

As it was it was only by chance that the "dollhouse" was discovered and the Bad Guys didn't know the true nature of it.

https://www.quantumvibe.com/strip?page=1919

>Dominic: It uses holography to 'fake' two extra spatial dimensions.

>Diana: But this is holographic fakery. Is there a way someone can actually build something in six-dimensional spacetime?

So that leads me to think that there are no real tech secrets in the dollhouse, except of course for the hints about the existence of de Castries' dimensions displacer tech.

And of course as far as team RPLD claims, the portal technology is for the peaceful purposes of breaking the Oresme shield/Murphy Drive monopoly and is not in any way meant to bring Conehead shocktroops into the core of the city from another world or anything.

Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

Apollo-Soyuz on October 08, 2019, 07:11:53 pm
Earlier I suspected she had left a brain backup inside it.

As is, it only started an argument over the 100 Moe-bits (page=1911) 250 Moe-bits (page=2007) cost, and got Dominic's juices flowing about multidimensional portals

With that being said, there may still be secrets inside it.

I expect Alyss hired away all of the de Castries' scientists (page=1984) if they were free agents, or maybe she'll wait to make an offer after the trial is over.

I suspect that the "dollhouse" was part of an insurance plan of Hayami that wasn't complete.

IE She planned to tell the Bad Guys that I know your secret and if something happens to me, it'll be released.

As it was it was only by chance that the "dollhouse" was discovered and the Bad Guys didn't know the true nature of it.

lurkergao on October 10, 2019, 06:47:23 pm
It being an insurance plan makes some sense. I sorta wonder if hayami is actually dead. If they could kill her and erase her backup they could presumeably upload her backup into a new body before erasing it. It must be nuts trying to chase down murderers who can change their appearance so easily. Maybe the reason her insurance was never activated was because she didnt actually die. No matter how rpld wants to spin it this was a super proprietary research project. RPLD absolutely wouldnt want it to be outside of their compound

Skull the Troll on October 11, 2019, 12:54:35 pm

I was assuming it was a hide in plain sight thing. Its just her model dollhouse, why even think about it, yes?

Sean Roach on October 11, 2019, 07:26:23 pm

This is a little late to comment on, but.
It's NOT a piece of military tech. It's a scale model of a piece of cutting edge military tech.
It's basically, a scale model of an a-bomb, with enough detail to get people digging, and asking the right questions, without itself being an a-bomb.
No explosives. No fissionable material. No neutron gun. Just a bunch of metal and clay in the shape of a weapon that can wipe out a city. All in a package that could point the uninformed in the right directions to making their own.

My guess is, it was intended to be sent to Nicole, but when she had that falling out with Nicole, suddenly that didn't seem like such a good idea. Then she was killed before she could pick a new, clued in, individual to avenge her eventual disappearance.

anything