DrakBibliophile on June 24, 2019, 08:51:12 am
https://www.quantumvibe.com/strip?page=1967

I'm wondering if Diana is in a Virtual Reality setting.

Whoever captured her could have plenty of "fun" with her in such a setting.

On the other hand, those cuffs would be unnecessary in a VR setting.

IE, if they deliver punishment of lies on her part, they wouldn't be needed if she's in a VR setting.

Her captors wouldn't need to cuffs to punish her in a VR setting.

Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

Skull the Troll on June 24, 2019, 11:04:24 am
https://www.quantumvibe.com/strip?page=1967

I'm wondering if Diana is in a Virtual Reality setting.

Whoever captured her could have plenty of "fun" with her in such a setting.

On the other hand, those cuffs would be unnecessary in a VR setting.

IE, if they deliver punishment of lies on her part, they wouldn't be needed if she's in a VR setting.

Her captors wouldn't need to cuffs to punish her in a VR setting.

It might help sell the VR setting however. You can't think to wake up if you dont realize you need to. Its been shown in the comic it is possible to hack into someone else's plant, but that that intrusion is generally able to be fought off successfully.

lurkergao on June 24, 2019, 12:36:48 pm
Juan had those cuffs on too. It might prevent her from going there is no spoon and waking up.

Coyoty on June 25, 2019, 01:58:09 am
If space is tesseracting there, it might be an effect of the hexadoohicky.

Sean Roach on June 25, 2019, 10:22:45 pm
Doubt it. Diana doesn't have a pounding headache.

Coyoty on June 25, 2019, 10:41:40 pm
Doubt it. Diana doesn't have a pounding headache.

Not that hexadoohicky.  The hexadoohicky modeled by the doll house, that shouldn't exist.

Sean Roach on June 26, 2019, 09:53:26 pm
That's what I mean. I'm still expecting Diana's inexplicable headaches to be the Chekov's Gun which helps unravel this mess.

UncleRice on June 27, 2019, 11:40:03 am
The first priority I would have is trying to do damage to the cuffs. It would at least tell me something about my environment.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

macnut on July 04, 2019, 12:08:17 pm
One reason I have my doubts about Diana's prison being VR - if her captors can simulate such discomfort so precisely, including releasing her bowels and bladder all over herself, then it's a few short steps from there to extracting the needed data directly from her memories. Maybe they already have, and are putting her through this just for laughs. Bonus points (for them) if she pooped and peed herself IRL as well, while lying in their VR booth...
The MacNut, Creator of the superhero space opera webcomic The Vanguard

DrakBibliophile on July 04, 2019, 10:50:23 pm
If the VR tech could be used to "access memories", then IMO we'd seen evidence earlier for that ability.

For that matter, if using VR tech risked somebody accessing your memories, then nobody with information that should be kept secret would enter a VR booth.

One reason I have my doubts about Diana's prison being VR - if her captors can simulate such discomfort so precisely, including releasing her bowels and bladder all over herself, then it's a few short steps from there to extracting the needed data directly from her memories. Maybe they already have, and are putting her through this just for laughs. Bonus points (for them) if she pooped and peed herself IRL as well, while lying in their VR booth...

Skull the Troll on July 05, 2019, 03:05:01 pm
That little scene should cure Otto's infatuation. Nice to see that Diana has learned a few things here. She should be a better investigator after all this is done.

UncleRice on July 05, 2019, 03:17:38 pm
That little scene should cure Otto's infatuation. Nice to see that Diana has learned a few things here. She should be a better investigator after all this is done.
If Otto still likes her, then she needs to marry him. Same for Wook if she remembers everything.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

lurkergao on July 05, 2019, 09:31:56 pm
Is otto really rescuing her or is this a trick to get her confide secrets...

DrakBibliophile on July 07, 2019, 10:23:07 am
Actually, I wondering "why is Otto using a smartphone".  ;)

Is otto really rescuing her or is this a trick to get her confide secrets...

Scott on July 11, 2019, 09:49:20 pm
Actually, I wondering "why is Otto using a smartphone".  ;)

The hand-held device was necessary to communicate outside that space-warped space Diana was trapped in.

In the flash-back scene shown more recently, Otto was using a common gesture to indicate to everyone that he was using his implant to communicate and not just talking to him self like some lunatic.

anything