Apollo-Soyuz on January 11, 2019, 03:21:38 pm
counter-theory: Belbenoit didn't know where Diana was, so he decided to stalk Otto instead. Or he's working with (or bugging) Lorelei and caught Diana's trail when Otto reported in.

Sometimes there isn't time to get the resources you would like into place

I would be really surprised if René turns out to be a good guy. I think the good guy in S&H is Chuck Norris ...what's-his-name.

If so it was a pretty poor plan. He is likely heavily physically augmented. Possibly he didnt expect wook to be so as well? He's lost his grip on the suspect/person he plans to murder. Its also quite possible that he is not alone. He wasnt detected presumeably using a chameleon field. There could be 2 other s&h flanking diana and wook with chameleon fields. With him acting as a distraction/detaining diana while the other two deal with wook.

lurkergao on January 12, 2019, 08:48:36 pm
Maybe but if he followed them to the park or headed to the park when otto called out. He would have time for calling for backup while they were walking through the park. Its possible that he doesnt want other s&h to know whats happening here. But he could have bugged diana's flyer and or followed her to where she is staying and readied as much backup as needed. If he's using physical force here he probably thinks he has the upper hand.

UncleRice on January 14, 2019, 07:14:00 am
So he has a personal jump device to get him out of trouble, it would seem.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

Apollo-Soyuz on January 14, 2019, 10:00:47 am
or an individual any-suit with invisible holo gear programming. He triggered that the moment he came to and limped away quietly, perhaps. 

DrakBibliophile on January 14, 2019, 11:53:27 am
Or He's an android who used holo-gear to make him look like a flesh person and used super-speed to get away.

or an individual any-suit with invisible holo gear programming. He triggered that the moment he came to and limped away quietly, perhaps. 

Drak Bibliophile (The Book Loving Dragon)
Sometimes the Dragon Wins!!

Skull the Troll on January 14, 2019, 06:36:44 pm
So much for my Antigone theory.  She wouldn't have behaved like that.

After that attack, the media might cover her lawsuit against S&H as the Zut Suit.

*slow clap* Well done sir!

Skull the Troll on January 18, 2019, 01:28:05 pm
If so it was a pretty poor plan. He is likely heavily physically augmented. Possibly he didnt expect wook to be so as well? He's lost his grip on the suspect/person he plans to murder. Its also quite possible that he is not alone. He wasnt detected presumeably using a chameleon field. There could be 2 other s&h flanking diana and wook with chameleon fields. With him acting as a distraction/detaining diana while the other two deal with wook.

Or they can just teleport in/out. That's what I assumed he did. Given that its possible in this world, this would be my self defense option of choice. Someone pulls a gun? Activate my 'plant and end up safe at home/redoubt/etc.