Skull the Troll on November 30, 2018, 01:58:10 pm
That is all.

UncleRice on December 01, 2018, 07:33:46 am
A red head named Ginger Cinnamon? I suppose she might be able to choose her own name and appearance in this world, but it's making me wonder if she is actually our supposed dead robot.
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

bjdotson on December 02, 2018, 03:46:04 pm
or she changed her hair color to match her name, which would be a simpler explaination

Sean Roach on December 02, 2018, 04:25:38 pm
In a world where a person can choose a new name, (Nicole Oresme is now known as Alyss Roaz), and where a person can have themselves turned into a giant walking rooster, or cartoon dog, either or both are possible.

Skull the Troll on December 03, 2018, 10:31:24 am
In a world where a person can choose a new name, (Nicole Oresme is now known as Alyss Roaz), and where a person can have themselves turned into a giant walking rooster, or cartoon dog, either or both are possible.

Doesn't even need to be that complex. With a holo-emitter you can change pretty much anything in a flash. We've seen "Pinocchio's" before.

Coyoty on December 04, 2018, 03:41:39 am
Holo-emitters only change a person's appearance.  They still have the same body underneath that doesn't feel anything like the holo image.  That's okay for the average person who only wants an occasional costume, but if they want to live with that appearance and feel like that, they need to have a full body mod.

Skull the Troll on December 04, 2018, 11:58:30 am
Well like most "holo-emitters" in Sci fi I'm assuming a bit of "bullshitium" in the tech. The assassin Murphy fought was getting hit where the outside of the holgram was even though Nixon was much fatter than the underlying android. I've also assumed that androids feel pretty much like human beings given the sex scenes presented in the books. Who knows? I guess I'll just need to see what happens. Still dont trust her tho.

lurkergao on December 04, 2018, 03:06:57 pm
Behind every custom fabber technician is a customized woman trying to pick his pocket?

Coyoty on December 05, 2018, 04:44:40 am
I don't think Ginger described Pandemonium in front of Diana innocently.  I expect she researched Diana and learned she was staying there, and couldn't resist the dig.

Sean Roach on December 05, 2018, 09:51:31 am
Behind every custom fabber technician is a customized woman trying to pick his pocket?

I know a lovely couple who are well into retirement age now, and no longer in this area. He was an Artist: A Martial artist, Master Gardener, Poet, and probably other things. She had a head for business and some interest in what he was doing. I think the illustrations might have been hers, as well. They did quite well with a martial arts studio and a lovely house they built, furnished, decorated, and landscaped themselves.
The martial arts studio moved...three times before they retired and moved, (and enlarged once,) mostly due to space constraints, (except for the last time, when it was downsized to make room, and time, for other interests). It also spun off two franchises; one of which I think might still be using the name and old emblem, (which she designed).
If it weren't for her business sense, that martial arts studio would have never grown larger than a half dozen students and he would have never had the opportunity to quit his day job, (which he later went back to, for a while, because he missed it apparently. I don't know. Maybe getting up at four in the morning is addictive.)

0z79 on December 05, 2018, 02:48:27 pm
Classhole alert!

lurkergao on December 07, 2018, 07:50:35 pm
I would be pleasantly surprised if ginger girl didnt turn out to be evil and screw over zander and diane later. Trying to give constructive criticism here to Scott. As a long time reader i notice a tendency for antagonists to kick a puppy before they betray the protagonists. Dr. Diomondi 's betrayal of seamus was near perfect exception to this aside from her muttering some robo bigotry the strip before arresting him. Which was odd and a bit out of place. She absolutely could have been a great antagonist to the protagonist and still a good person. She was chasing quantum hitler from her viewpoint afterall. Perhaps ginger's attitudes are more of an indication of the culture of bubbletown?

Skull the Troll on December 10, 2018, 10:53:07 am
The authors style has changed quite a lot over the years with this, Diamondi was actually an exception to the typical trope of having the bad guy be fat, ugly, or otherwise unpleasant. Quantum Vibe is by no means the only fictional work to do this of course - its a trope for a reason, it serves a valid narrative purpose. Whats interesting is that Xander's GF seems to hold to libertarian beliefs. Virtually all of Big Head Press' villains are representatives of big government or a company store corporation of what ever form. If she does turn out to be a villain, it will be the first I can think of that wasn't "the man."

UncleRice on December 10, 2018, 10:57:59 pm
She is 157 years old! Holy cougars Batman!
Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.

Skull the Troll on December 11, 2018, 08:51:21 am
She is 157 years old! Holy cougars Batman!
Having an infinite lifespan certainly kills the "half your age+7" rule. I wonder what is considered generally acceptable by now. Diana objected to this gap, but her societal norms aren't necessary the same as the rest of Bubbleopolis. I seem to recall that Alyss was concerned that Eithine was hooking up with someone so much younger than her as well.