rclocher3 on November 30, 2012, 12:08:18 pm
I've been following Scott on Twitter (https://twitter.com/ScottBieser), and the news from his latest tweets is not good.  My condolences go out to him and his family for what they're going through.

- rclocher3 (just an ordinary fan)

myrkul999 on November 30, 2012, 01:08:31 pm
I've been following Scott on Twitter (https://twitter.com/ScottBieser), and the news from his latest tweets is not good.  My condolences go out to him and his family for what they're going through.

Agreed. My heart goes out to you and yours, Scott.

Seriously. Fuck Cancer.

RobbinR on November 30, 2012, 03:00:41 pm

The entire Big Head Press community shares your grief and heartache Scott.

We're all out here sending you strength in our thoughts towards you and EJ and family.

Robbin

/

Arbie on November 30, 2012, 03:19:57 pm
Oh damn. :(
Dunno what to say more *hug*

Van Rijn on December 01, 2012, 12:16:03 am
Another ordinary fan here . . . Words are always inadequate in situations like this.  Still, I wanted to say how sorry I am  to hear this.

Bob G on December 01, 2012, 06:03:38 am
Scott,

So very sorry for your situation. Take whatever time you need to address it.
Whatsoever, for any cause, seeketh to take or give
  Power above or beyond the Laws, suffer it not to live.
Holy State, or Holy King, or Holy People's Will.
  Have no truck with the senseless thing, order the guns and kill.

The penultimate stanza of Rudyard Kipling's MacDonough's Song

dough560 on December 01, 2012, 09:06:59 am
Scott,

Here's To Your Cherished Memories.
Sorrow Shared.
When you're ready.

Until then

gene on December 02, 2012, 05:49:59 am
I am sorry to learn about this.My sympathy to you.
Come back to the trees; all is forgibben. Mom

Tucci78 on December 03, 2012, 05:11:07 am
If experience teaches anything about situations like this one, it's taught me nothing about what I might say to offer comfort. 

I received this news with a profound sense of shame despite the fact that I have had no personal contact with the patient or the family, and no proximal professional duty to them.

We - the really not-very-sensible "we" encompassing the medical profession as a whole - somehow, in some way, ought to have gotten a better grip on the malignant diseases, but for all the toil and treasure invested, we lose.  I've lost count of how many times I've had to complete death certificates over the decades, concluding such cases, and even the most inevitable ones hit me as a rebuke.  I could have done better, damnit, if not for the "save" then to make it easier in some other way for those I served. 

All I can do here is observe that everybody dies.  I've done it a couple of times myself, and if those experiences can be relied upon, it's the getting there that sucks.  Being dead?  For the one that's got to go, it really does seem to be like falling asleep.   No tunnel of light, no voices, no other kind of freak show.  Just peace. 

Is that a comfort for the folks whom you leave behind?  Not much.  Never will be, I suppose.
"I is a great believer in peaceful settlements," Jik-jik assured him. "Ain't nobody as peaceful as a dead trouble-maker."
-- Keith Laumer, Retief's War (1966)

xmundt on December 03, 2012, 01:08:06 pm
     Greetings and Salutations;
     Some comments for Scott -
     I, too, understand that at this point in time, there is nothing that can be said that will make things better.   This is a difficult transition to make, and, perhaps, is harder for those left behind.  It is very difficult to see a loved one in a bad state, and, be unable to do anything to fix the problem.   The best we can hope for is an easy death for them.
     In the longer run, with the support of framily and friends, the pain will ease, and, it will be possible to remember the positive things that one is left with, without being overwhelmed with grief.
     The fact of the matter is that QV is only a comic strip...and in the overall sense of things, is far less important than one's family.   I look forwards to the day that you can resume work on it, as you are an excellent storyteller and have a very attractive drawing style.   And, it can be that focusing on work can help with the loss...  However, as "just another fan", let me say that I do not expect you to  pick up the pen on any schedule.    I also want to add my voice to the many others in the "QV Community" who are praying for you both.
     Regards
     Dave Mundt

Sieggy on December 03, 2012, 02:48:34 pm
Damn. Sorry to hear of your loss, my condolences. Been there . . . The pain never truly goes away, but it does become numb after a while . . . a long while. Hold onto the good memories, but don't dwell on them. This, too, shall pass . . .

Mikus42 on December 03, 2012, 08:36:37 pm

New to Vibe.  So terrible sorry.
- Mike

Oneil on December 04, 2012, 05:00:50 am
While I am certain everyone here is truly saddened by your loss,
No one but you can honestly know exactly how you feel.

We care, Wish your family well, and send you our condolences
in the hope it will help in some small way.

Rufus Shinra on December 04, 2012, 10:35:16 am
This will probably not help much, but please know that I'm sorry for your loss. I saw the previous posts about what was happening, and I'm sad to discover this news today. Take the time you need, there are priorities and I think we all know about it.

Ed_Bear on December 04, 2012, 10:36:23 am
My sincere condolences on your loss Scott. You have a lot of people that care about you and that you can rely on for support whenever you need it.

On that note has anybody set up a fund yet?  I will be glad to chip in whenever it is set up.

Can't get to my regular email account so I made a new forums account. Hell of a first post for it.