Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "ABOUT" section installed  (Read 1390 times)
Scott
Administrator

« on: November 19, 2012, 09:52:22 am »

A heads-up to anyone who cares -- we have finally set up the "About the strip" section I'd promised at the end of Volume 1. Click on the "ABOUT" link in the upper left of the page next to the Big Head Icon and you'll get the series of informational text-and-graphics pages, reformatted and tweaked a bit, which appeared back then. Just click on each graphic to get the next one. We still have more tweaks in store for this section, like a list of text-links for each of the topic pages for ease of navigation. But first, I have to send Frank the 5,000 Twinkie packages I had to promise him for this work.

RobbinR

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 11:21:24 am »

I clicked it and nothing happened.

/
myrkul999

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 11:24:41 am »

I clicked it and nothing happened.

/

Worked fine for me.
Redwood Elf

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 12:13:35 pm »

I'm in mourning for Twinkies...and Ding Dongs...especially Ding Dongs...and those great chocolate cupcakes with the swirly white icing lace across the top...

RobbinR

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 02:02:21 pm »

I oopst  Embarrassed

/
Sieggy

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 02:30:15 pm »

Comes up fine for me . . .
Tucci78

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 07:47:12 pm »

Cool beans, and a good notion.  I'd bookmarked this section in the old format for reference in posts, but putting it in its own little pocket is better.  It should facilitate retcon, and the adjustment to the vertical format will make it more accessible when it goes into the print version as an appendix or prefatory notes section or whatever. 

Better to change that ABOUT label and tag, however, to a different title - more like VibeWorld or something else.  An "about" page on a Web site is more like a "who we are" explanation, including creator and moderator contact information, etc. 

If you leave it the way it is right now, it's going to be massively overlooked.

"I is a great believer in peaceful settlements," Jik-jik assured him. "Ain't nobody as peaceful as a dead trouble-maker."
-- Keith Laumer, Retief's War (1966)
UncleRice

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 05:01:01 pm »

The About section is essential. I follow dozens of on line comics, so a reference manual that keep track of who's who can be essential if one wants to keep fictional worlds separate.

I'm in mourning for Twinkies...and Ding Dongs...especially Ding Dongs...and those great chocolate cupcakes with the swirly white icing lace across the top...
Don't worry, the government has sprung to action to save us all. The State Department hired all the Twinkies, the Secret Service hired all the HoHos, the generals are sleeping with the Cupcakes, and the voters sent all the Ding Dongs to Congress. We are all saved.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 05:09:22 pm by UncleRice » Logged

Stupid criminals put on a mask and rob people with a gun.
Smart criminals put on a suit, call themselves politicians, and rob people with writ of law.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: