Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Negotiating  (Read 9266 times)
gene

« on: September 24, 2012, 12:28:29 am »

Peng-Bo opens with a Jack (nice family you got there, be a pity if it burned down), Seamus plays a four (delay the issue). Peng-Bo uses eyeroll, no score. Updates to follow.

Seamus fires invisible flare gun, Nichole leaps to her feet. Advavce to Chance.

Seamus doubles down on time-lag, Xei-Po needs the little conspirator's room, quick.

Key pawns are removed to safekeeping.

Hari niggles and needles. Xei-Po self-combusts and goes to take a dip in the onion dip.

Interested parties are heard from. They don't sound too interested. Nichole is still hoping to catch up on her reading.

After lunch the fellowship breaks up. Ma-Bo saves the day. Ventura is indiscreetly beeping. Peng-Bo is going to get a surprise.

Peng-Bo and Xei-Po simultaneously eat their feet. Seamus promises to feed them other parts if they don't clean up their attitude.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 12:25:17 am by gene » Logged

Come back to the trees; all is forgibben. Mom
Tucci78

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 06:57:11 am »

Dr. O'Murchadha: "...as a courtesy to Po Xu-Ke's heirs I will not speak against the transfer."

Yep, and the check's in the mail, I promise I'll respect you in the morning, and there's absolutely no way I'm gonna use my implant to securely transmit encrypted instructions to other investors I can count upon to freeze out your corporate clown pigu like a faster-than-light trip to Pluto.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 08:54:21 am by Tucci78 » Logged

"I is a great believer in peaceful settlements," Jik-jik assured him. "Ain't nobody as peaceful as a dead trouble-maker."
-- Keith Laumer, Retief's War (1966)
Norman

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 07:17:16 am »

Unless Dr. O'Murchadha considers voting to be equivalent to speaking, this transfer is far from a done deal.
dough560

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 12:47:49 pm »

Vote?  Side issue.  Project  goals being sought.  Not going to happen, since the good doctor (at least) will not vote for the sale.  Thugs in the background.  Wait.  For.  It.  (The lassies are unwittingly creating a diversion to aid in escape.)

Curious to how it plays out.
gene

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 03:35:55 pm »

Both sides have more cards up their sleeves than on the table. Liars Poker played by professional liars. The real game starts when they are out of sight of each other.

Vote?  Side issue.  Project  goals being sought.

Yeah, that's the real key. Whatever Seamus is up to, there's got to be big cash to be made. Just get it behind the walls of Peng-Bo's fortress. Of course, the Hardly Boys have no idea what Seamus is doing. If I remember he has some gimmicks in his baggage to use as red herrings. Valuable but, to him, expendable financially. One or more of them could be an emergency escape ploy. Ideally though Seamus is going to leave with the money in his pocket and Peng-Bo's scalp on his belt. It may not be the most graceful exit but the last man standing automatically wins.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:08:30 am by gene » Logged

Norman

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 07:13:57 am »

The vote stands between Peng-Bo and the transfer, and the transfer (if it actually happened) would get him the right to know the project goals.

We will find out eventually what Peng-Bo's backup plan is.  For Seamus' plan, I think the proof is in the "pudding".
Redwood Elf

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 02:17:35 pm »

what would be funny is if Nicole and ventura convince the dumb cousin to vote against the transfer (he's a shareholder too, whether his cousin likes it or not) - they have about 6 hours to do it...

Andreas

per infinitesimus ad omnia

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 12:05:34 am »

The priority will probably be to pre-empt the vote entirely.
Sieggy

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 06:08:10 am »

What I find kind of amusing is the assumption that any or all of the others will just give a snap yes/no decision on the spur of the moment. The way bidnizz works in real life, one or more of the other investors will want to think about it, discuss this with their financial / bidnizz / spiritual advisers, want more info, find out who Peng Bo is, why is he interested in the project,  etc. The one thing I have learned about bidnizz types is that they don't make decisions like this quickly - expect a response MAYBE in a week or so after they've mulled things over. Also, given the distances involved, it's not like there's going to be a 'discussion' on the matter - it would be more like 'correspondence'.  I think they're going to be in for an extended bout of 'hurry up and wait'.
Redwood Elf

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 09:14:32 am »

The vote stands between Peng-Bo and the transfer, and the transfer (if it actually happened) would get him the right to know the project goals.

Unlikely. Seamus has been playing the project very close to the vest. Even the elder Po didn't know what the project was about. He was even very very careful about revealing the details to his own (sort of) Daughter.

Peng-Bo is literally buying a pig in a poke, and he even knows it...he's gambling on Seamus being a genius instead of a delusional lunatic.

RobbinR

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 09:38:10 am »

What I find kind of amusing is the assumption that any or all of the others will just give a snap yes/no decision on the spur of the moment. The way bidnizz works in real life, one or more of the other investors will want to think about it, discuss this with their financial / bidnizz / spiritual advisers, want more info, find out who Peng Bo is, why is he interested in the project,  etc. The one thing I have learned about bidnizz types is that they don't make decisions like this quickly - expect a response MAYBE in a week or so after they've mulled things over. Also, given the distances involved, it's not like there's going to be a 'discussion' on the matter - it would be more like 'correspondence'.  I think they're going to be in for an extended bout of 'hurry up and wait'.

Yeah, that's sorta what I said in the Party thread, but not so elaborately.

"I'm surprised they expected such a fast decision by any of the other shareholders."

/
Redwood Elf

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 07:24:14 am »

Unlikely. Seamus has been playing the project very close to the vest. Even the elder Po didn't know what the project was about. He was even very very careful about revealing the details to his own (sort of) Daughter.

Peng-Bo is literally buying a pig in a poke, and he even knows it...he's gambling on Seamus being a genius instead of a delusional lunatic.

Called it.   Cool

gene

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 04:11:56 pm »

Right down to the terminology. Your +20 plot points are in the mail.  Smiley

Scott
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 11:36:49 pm »

Well, nailed it except that the original investors DO (and DID in Po Xu-Ke's case) know what the project is about. It's just that this information is not shared with anyone else, including heirs.

Wallbanger

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 10:09:45 am »

Hello, long-time lurker, first-time poster.

In regards to the 10/5 strip, I think I'm missing something (or it's only been inferred, not explicitly revealed):

If the entirety of the investors are represented here (Copperton, Satrapi, the yet to be heard from Diamondi, and Po's heirs) and given the general antipathy towards the mercorps, how exactly did Gensaxwal and Bobinardi become involved in the project?  Do they have leverage (financial or otherwise) on Seamus directly or through the investors?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: