Frank B. on January 28, 2007, 02:54:29 pm
Here we go.  Do you like smart, sexy girls?  Do you like smart, sexy girls that can change the world, and you wish maybe they wouldn't?  Then you're going to love La Muse.   Read the first 13 pages starting Monday, and then come back here to let us know what you think.

Rocketman on January 28, 2007, 07:35:00 pm
Smart and sexy?  Smart is sexy.  I remember meeting this one drop dead gorgeous blond in a bar many, many years ago.  She looked like a 20 year old version of Loni Anderson.  I bought her a drink and we started talking.  I don't remember exactly how but the subject of diving came up and I mentioned a TV special on Jacques Cousteau that I had recently seen.  "Who's Jacques Cousteau?" She asked.  At first I thought she was kidding but as I looked at her, I could tell she was dead serious.  After about another minute of polite conversation which confirmed my suspections, I excused myself and left the bar.  I'de rather date a 7 in looks that was smart and funny than an 11 that need help tying her shoes.

Scott on February 01, 2007, 11:37:31 pm
On the other hand, ol' Jacques has been dead for quite a while. I wonder how many 20 year olds know who he is?

Rocketman on February 02, 2007, 09:12:33 am
Like I said this was many many years ago and back then he was at the height of his popularity.

Sphynx on February 03, 2007, 12:48:07 pm
Scott:

I've read 13 pages twice in 3 days, I love La Muse.  I think I'm as hooked on "her" as on Roswell.  Keep finding this kind of art quality.  Thanks.

JPinAZ on February 07, 2007, 05:28:20 pm
Good story & artwork so far.  Keep it up!

BTW, the link to the story forum on the La Muse page currently goes to the TPB forum.

Frank B. on February 07, 2007, 11:30:30 pm
Good story & artwork so far.  Keep it up!

BTW, the link to the story forum on the La Muse page currently goes to the TPB forum.

Glad you're enjoying the story.  Be sure to tell your family, friends, neighbors, etc.  Also, thanks for pointing out that link problem.  It's fixed.

mediocre on February 08, 2007, 09:33:37 pm
Nice.  Susan has a good look, similar to Maggie in the early
days.

Great storyline so far, can't wait!

Frank B. on February 09, 2007, 07:58:59 am
Nice.  Susan has a good look, similar to Maggie in the early
days.

Yeah, the short hair.  Though Susan would probably be quick to point out that her ass isn't that big.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 08:00:44 am by Frank Bieser »

Sphynx on April 07, 2007, 01:18:31 pm
Nice. Susan has a good look, similar to Maggie in the early
days.

Nice. Susan has a good look, similar to Maggie in the early
days.

Yeah, the short hair. Though Susan would probably be quick to point out that her ass isn't that big. ;)

Uh... Pardon my ignorance, but who is "Maggie"

Frank B. on April 08, 2007, 07:36:13 pm
Uh... Pardon my ignorance, but who is "Maggie"

Maggie is a character in Jamie and Gilbert Hernandez's "Love & Rockets".   An excellent read.

http://www.fantagraphics.com/artist/losbros/losbros.html

lycurgus33 on June 28, 2007, 10:22:33 am
Smart and sexy?

Where's the smart?

Seriously?

This is turning out to be a superpowered version of "The West Wing".

There's no genuine clash of ideas here at all.

La Muse's opponents are just caricatures--their ideas are not fully and honestly expounded upon--and _then_ debunked, they're just whisked away magically.

It's intellectually lazy.

So is stereotyping in general.  It doesn't matter what group you do it to.

aditantimedh on June 28, 2007, 11:19:50 pm
Dude, this is a comic book and a comedy, not the New Republic.

Sorry you got the wrong idea.

lycurgus33 on June 28, 2007, 11:56:59 pm
Where's the comedy?

Is it self-parody?

aditantimedh on June 29, 2007, 02:54:03 am
You do realise that being terminally humourless is comedy in itself, don't you?

I see the kind of game you're playing.  Very cute.