Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: July 6th will come too soon...  (Read 10707 times)
Oneil

« on: June 27, 2012, 01:53:27 am »

Final day is announced, some might not make it back to forum before the 6th again to say their good wishes so,

Goodbye for now Escape From Terra.

I am certain we will all be watching for news on where and when E.F.T. will return.

Thank you so much, Sandy Sandfort, Scott Bieser, Lee Oaks, and Leila Del Duca for all you have done,

Just Hurry Back Please  Grin
Andreas

per infinitesimus ad omnia

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 02:27:16 am »

And, reading between the lines: A good way to communicate the above is by purse-string and word-of-mouth. Smiley
myrkul999

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 11:06:36 am »

Yup! If you haven't bought a book yet, looks like doing so will help EFT come back sooner. If you have... Know anyone who would appreciate a gift?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 05:27:28 pm by myrkul999 » Logged
ContraryGuy

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 02:42:10 pm »

Farewell, the beloved comic.

Where else will i get good quality near-future sci-fi and wrong-headed but always-interesting political discussion?

If I have money come the release, i will see about a purchase.
spudit

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 04:30:21 pm »

Thanks for the stories, I'll miss them.
Thanks

Vote Early and Vote Often
for EFT
have you voted today?
SandySandfort
Friendlies

Check out: smashwords.com/ books/view/14227

Email
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 08:47:43 pm »

Thanks for the stories, I'll miss them.
Thanks

"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated." -- Mark Twain
Frank Bieser
Friendlies

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 10:47:06 pm »

Farewell, the beloved comic.

Where else will i get good quality near-future sci-fi and wrong-headed but always-interesting political discussion?

If I have money come the release, i will see about a purchase.

Keep your eyes peeled for EFT's new home.  As soon as Sandy and crew find one, be sure we'll spread the word here.  I'm not just the publisher, I'm also a fan!
sam

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 01:24:11 am »

Notwithstanding my numerous complaints about your story, you have written a good yarn, and I have not.
Big.Swede

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 05:46:46 am »

Aaaaw man.... Sad
Hope you gets up the cash needed to get back in the swing ASAP. Best of luck, and iŽll try to scrape up enough to order a copy or two.

"IŽm purely a layman, wondering from a laymans point of view."
SandySandfort
Friendlies

Email
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 11:46:15 am »

Aaaaw man.... Sad
Hope you gets up the cash needed to get back in the swing ASAP. Best of luck, and iŽll try to scrape up enough to order a copy or two.

Thank you, sir.
Jilted_Kitten

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 01:49:33 pm »

EFT will certainly be missed. I took a look at the QV series they are keeping and have to say I think they chose the wrong series to keep on.
myrkul999

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 04:15:27 pm »

EFT will certainly be missed. I took a look at the QV series they are keeping and have to say I think they chose the wrong series to keep on.

No, they know which one will get us to pony up more money, and faster. Wink (nothing against QV, it's awesome, EFT is just awesomer - and easier to find a stopping point for)
SandySandfort
Friendlies

Email
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 06:35:02 pm »

No, they know which one will get us to pony up more money, and faster. Wink (nothing against QV, it's awesome, EFT is just awesomer - and easier to find a stopping point for)

<collective blush> You just made my day. Well, that cuts, now we have to find a new venue. I am currently talking to a very accomplished app guy. It may even be possible to offer EFT for free and let advertising pay for it. At least, that seems to be a possible option. Who among you have smartphones and/or tables? If we can support ourselves that way, we can probably give it away free from an advertising-supported website too. It's just speculation right now, but we won't go down without a fight.
myrkul999

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 07:11:35 pm »

<collective blush> You just made my day. Well, that cuts, now we have to find a new venue. I am currently talking to a very accomplished app guy. It may even be possible to offer EFT for free and let advertising pay for it. At least, that seems to be a possible option. Who among you have smartphones and/or tables? If we can support ourselves that way, we can probably give it away free from an advertising-supported website too. It's just speculation right now, but we won't go down without a fight.

I don't have a tablet, but I do have a Kindle, and it would be worth a bit of money for a Kindle version. I've used Calibre to "scrape" it, a few times, and when it works, it's great, but it doesn't always work, and to be honest, I don't know why. A few bucks a month would be more than worth not having to deal with that hassle. (Biesers take note: This goes for all BHP products, btw, a Kindle version would be much appreciated)
Tucci78

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 07:13:14 pm »

...now we have to find a new venue. I am currently talking to a very accomplished app guy. It may even be possible to offer EFT for free and let advertising pay for it. At least, that seems to be a possible option. Who among you have smartphones and/or tables? If we can support ourselves that way, we can probably give it away free from an advertising-supported website too. It's just speculation right now, but we won't go down without a fight.

You're a content provider.  You are an established online "eyeball grabber."  Just how the hell many hits does Escape From Terra have every day?  What's the distribution (domestic, international)? What are your viewers' demographic characteristics? 

I am not a commercial Web site operator, but I should think that they really  need only to know your "footprint" to decide the value of your product to generate hits for their advertisers. 

"I is a great believer in peaceful settlements," Jik-jik assured him. "Ain't nobody as peaceful as a dead trouble-maker."
-- Keith Laumer, Retief's War (1966)
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

anything